Edelman
www.edelman.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Edelman Reviews

Updated Nov 11, 2013

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros:
  • "Lots of resources available to employees and good work-life balance culture"
    in 48 reviews
  • "Many smart people to work with on a diverse portfolio of projects"
    in 50 reviews
Cons:
  • "The work-life balance isn't as good as it could be, but that is probably true everywhere"
    in 106 reviews
  • "Long hours; org structure difficult to understand/navigate"
    in 85 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

My experience at Edelman has been both fun and educational.

Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

ProsThe network. Given the scope of the company, the wealth of knowledge and information within our reach is always increasing. The culture is also relaxed, enabling a work-life balance suited to the individual.

ConsClient selection can be limited. Especially in a small market, you may not always be able to work on your preferred accounts.

Great company

I have been working at Edelman full-time

Prosnice management and great people

Consit's hard to get promotions

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up, you rock!

Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat working environment, flexible, and everyone is very nice.

ConsCan get crazy from time to time. A lot of different managers requiring a lot of organizational juggling.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid opportunities to learn and teach.

Senior Account Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCan't say enough good things about the culture at Edelman. It's something everyone seems to believe in and team members are eager to teach to new employees.

The network is an asset, but it's also because the network is very open to engaging one another and helping where assistance is needed. You can shoot an email to someone in another office and before you know it, someone in an office across country or even the ocean has responded provided info with the you need.

ConsWhether you're in a large office or small office, it's take a little more time/effort to get your work recognized. People are always willing to help, but there are A LOT of people, so selling your results and your office's results to Edelman at large can be difficult.

Happy Employee

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

ProsThe resources are immense- makes it so much easier to do a great job, the first time. The people that work here are some of the greatest minds in the business. PR is a competitive field, particularly agency life, and of all the agencies I've worked for, the people at this company seem to be at the top of their game. It makes for a great atmosphere that makes you want to be better.

ConsAs with any PR agency, finding a balance between work life and social life can be challenging. But when you love what you do, it makes it easier to put in the long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job with training and inspiring future leaders.

Entrepreneurial mindset

Senior Vice President (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat ability to jump up the ranks if you work hard and provide value to clients and internally; lots of really talented people who are always looking for the next big thing.

ConsSome internal politics; have to work hard at making sure you can find balance

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest internally in technology

Extraordianry

Senior Vice President Creative Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

ProsAwesome culture. Real people. Few egos.

ConsSome floors are separated form others

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. Come down into the trenches a tad more.

A challenging environment where I am inspired to learn every day

Account Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

ProsSmart colleagues, interesting accounts, fast-paced, many opportunities to make your career your own

ConsYou have to speak up for what you want/need or else you may get lost in the shuffle

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you're doing. The transparent communication about our business is much appreciated!

So much to learn

Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

ProsLearn something new about the industry every day. Managers strive to prepare you for leadership and advancement. I enjoy what I do and the atmosphere in which I work in.

ConsLong hours with low pay compared to other industry. Salary and hours comparable to other companies within the industry though. Hard work but play hard!

Advice to Senior ManagementThey all treat junior staff with respect and as equals. It is refreshing.

The company is evolved and enduring.

Senior Vice President (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than 10 years

ProsEntrepreneurial, independent, pioneer, creative, invests in the right next big things

ConsWe are bigger but that doesn't mean we are less nimble

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!

Edelman Videos

Edelman – Why Work for Us?

On October 1, 1952, Daniel J. Edelman and Associates was founded in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago with three employees servicing one client. More than 60 years later, with 67 offices and over 4,800 employees servicing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edelman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Edelman CEO Richard W. Edelman. All 274 reviews posted anonymously by Edelman employees.