Edelman

Edelman Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman

Richard W. Edelman

Pros
  • Lots of resources available to employees and good work-life balance culture(in 50 reviews)

• Many smart people to work with on a diverse portfolio of projects(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely high work pressure means that work life balance is adversely impacted(in 109 reviews)

• Long hours; org structure difficult to understand/navigate(in 89 reviews)

Great internship experience

Intern (Former Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsGreat work life balance, good company values, learning environment

ConsCompensation is relatively low compared to industry average

Corporate Practice Intern

Corporate Practice (Former Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

Prosthe best platform at which you can get in touch with world-class clients and get first-class training

Conshard working and huge pressure

Great people

Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI have developed so many great skills in the short time I have been working here. The name definitely carries great status and reputation. The people I work with bring so much to the table on a daily basis.

ConsThe quality of work should be more recognized. Billing is way too important.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic to work for

Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLearn many skills, provided challenges and career growth opportunities, very social, made wonderful friends

ConsLong hours, great if you are single but a challenge if you are in a relationship or wanting a family

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp junior and senior members find a way to achieve true work-life balance (work one day a week from home or build up staff on teams)

Fabulous opportunities--with high expectations

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIncredible work. Challenging client assignments and the resources to the the best work possible. People are very talented and many make great mentors, especially for mid & senior career. For people who fit the culture, the "entrepreneurial spirit" is real. The firm provides resources necessary to make good ideas happen.

ConsNeed to set your own boundaries because the firm will always push for better work. Some of the internal financial structure can make collaboration difficult, but individual relationships always trump the official policies.

Simply the Best

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIndependence means freedom from the financial pressures put on agencies in holding companies; Richard Edelman's game-changing leadership; you will go to work each day surrounded by the smartest people in the industry, at all levels.

ConsThe pace and size will not be for everyone. It is big, fast and extremely smart -- you have to be on your toes at all times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep setting the bar high and pushing the industry forward.

Great place to work and growth

Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEdelman gives you tools and makes it a bit easier for you to Grow.

Consnone as of today

Fast paced, fun working environment!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery smart and talented people, company is invested in employees. Great work/life balance and cutting edge social media work.

ConsI enjoyed my time at Edelman & would love the opportunity to work there again.

Internship experience

ProsReally love it - great mentoring, awesome manager, and an established internship program. You feel like you learn a lot and get a good sense of the PR industry.

ConsNot entirely well-paying and very early hours for some interns. Would be great to have more diversity in work - it appears that you can be stuck on an account for a long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be nice if pay was higher - also would be great if senior level management interacted with interns more.

The best PR agency around. Period.

Senior Account Supervisor (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros-Creative environment with diverse set of employees
    -Impressive and exciting client list
    -Difference-making IP
    -Culture of client partnerships
    -Emphasis on work/life balance
    -Opportunities for growth

Cons-Salaries tend to stay low; management knows Edelman is a sough-after place and salaries seem to be curbed accordingly compared to competition

Advice to Senior Management-Continue building on the enriching environment you've created for your employees
    -For the right people, be ready to invest with $ without having to play a lot of the "negotiation game"

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!