Edelman

<3 Edelman

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership, growth opportunities, value, all great.

Cons

Work/life balance is what you'd expect working at the world's largest PR agency - if you do your research you'll know this coming in.

Smart people and fun, engaging work

Former Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Edelman as an intern

Pros

Edelman has an awesome culture and senior leadership is very approachable. As an intern, you will rarely get busy work, most of what you do utilizes and develops skills that will be valuable at Edelman and beyond. If you express interest in a certain account or project, management will help to work you in. It's a great place to learn.

Cons

Edelman is a huge company, and it takes some getting used to. The billing system is a pain.

Keep it up!

What an amazing place to work

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people, the global network, the firm's reputation, the benefits...the list goes on. As a junior employee, there is a lot of opportunity for growth and you have the chance to experience many different things and move up the ladder quickly.

Cons

You will work a lot, no doubt about that. Salary is a little low but the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

A breath of fresh air. I'm beyond happy being here.

Current Employee - Junior Copywriter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Copywriter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly inclusive culture. People are fun and social and welcoming. I feel respected, encouraged, and supported in my role here. I feel incredibly lucky to be a part of this team. Edelman is doing some groundbreaking things--no longer just in the PR world, they are a social agency doing advertising and interdisciplinary marketing for huge brands. I'm honored to be a part of it.

Cons

I honestly don't have much to complain about. We work in a very competitive industry, so there are (of course) late nights and difficult client demands, but that's just par for the course. Everyone brings their A game and hustles to make a contribution.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Great company, dynamic, creative and talented co-workers, terrific clients, fabulous opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Edelman has a well-deserved stellar reputation in the PR industry. The client list is stellar, your co-workers are all rock-stars, the atmosphere is nurturing and they respect your work-life balance.

Cons

While the salary is good and bonuses during my tenure have been great, I don't like the fact that annual raises are tiny- under 3% I believe. I don't know if that would change during a year when bonuses might be limited, but think an excellent performance should merit a more substantial annual raise.

The best for a reason...

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Best in the business colleagues and clients. Engaged and forward leaning CEO. A truly global and truly collaborative work environment. Management all rose through the ranks and understand the job as an Account Executive and all the way up.

Cons

Work-life balance can be difficult to achieve. It is very easy to overload your plate.

Ensure that you continue to monitor workloads.

Home sweet home

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazingly creative people making tremendous impact for clients; fantastic culture

Cons

Compensation, last minute deliverables for clients

Increase compensation

Large Firm with Start-Up Vibe

Current Employee - Leadership in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Leadership in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Solid leadership with the open playground to invent and re-invent new ways to build great programs for clients.

Cons

Agency life can be demanding of time outside of work.

Keep allowing folks to take risks.

Amazing career opportunities if you go grab them

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Edelman truly does have some of the best in the business working here and the bench is very deep. The opportunities to learn from experts are vast, whether you want to know about financial communications, paid media, digital, celebrity sponsorships you name it, there is someone here that can teach you (and your clients) about it. If you put yourself out there and actively try to make connections within the agency, especially with senior leadership, you will be rewarded with strong experiences, promotions and direct feedback and mentorship in whatever direction interests you.

Cons

It is fairly easy to fall into mediocrity and be lost in this big agency. If you're keeping clients happy, especially a larger client, then you're often just let be to do your thing. Many managers won't push people if they're doing a good job at their baseline tasks. In order to really grow and experience the best parts of Edelman you have to be proactive and go and grab something above and beyond your current remit, otherwise it's too easy to be lost in this large company. An entrepreneurial, go getter spirit is very rewarded at Edelman, everything else is kind of ignored.

Senior management has a strong vision for the company, but it's not always communicated all the way down how we can have an impact. Tell even AAEs how they can get involved in making a new business goal a reality, make the tasks specific and the barrier low to getting people involved in the 'above and beyond' and you'll likely find a lot more superstars popping up. I think we loose quality talent that could be "superstar" but they are perhaps quiet and aren't clamoring for opportunities, so we never get a chance to see them shine. The squeaky wheels, who may not be the most talented, generally get the opportunities.

A firm of professionals dedicated to providing smart, creative and strategic counsel and who love the work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time

Pros

The people are smart, creative and strategic -- they enjoy the work and are committed to delivering great counsel. It's a supportive collegial work environment. There is definitely a sense of shared mission and everyone is ready to pitch in to help deliver impressive work. It's a supportive culture and a fun office with a real sense of community. Leadership is committed to social purpose.

Cons

No meaningful cons -- it's a terrific place to work.