Edelman Reviews

Updated October 16, 2014
4.1

Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman
Richard W. Edelman

Pros
  • Lots of resources available to employees and good work-life balance culture (in 64 reviews)

• Many smart people to work with on a diverse portfolio of projects (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely high work pressure means that work life balance is adversely impacted (in 133 reviews)

• Junior staff are expected to work long hours, with minimal financial compensation (in 95 reviews)

More Highlights

rewarding

Current Employee - Records Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Records Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work is balanced , team work is a high goal and everyone is treated with equal rescept.The freedom we have here at Edelman to work and have a balanced life is awesome. The perks make coming to work a joy.

Cons

During the rush days things get a bit tense and we lose the keeping friendly with one another , let us keep a time to unwind and focus on how we treat our cowokres.

Keep up the great work and thrive for the next new thing to excel Edelman values.

Breath of Fresh Air

Current Employee - Senior Insights Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Insights Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are great, everyone is very welcoming and really enjoy spending time with each other. The company continues to have that family feel. The work is challenging but they trust that you will be able to do your job well.

Cons

Internal communication can sometimes be a issue, people are very busy and things often end up getting changed last minute.

Great place to grow.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Colleagues who challenge and inspire you
    - Enjoyable, interesting experiences that help you grow your career
    - Superiors who are invested in your career path and help foster personal passion points

Cons

- Compensation is low for entry-level employees

Working at Edelman has been an amazing experience thus far. I work with a great team of intelligent and friendly people.

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Definitely the people! Everyone here at Edelman has a great personality with a creative and quirky side to them. I love working with such a great team.

Cons

At times the job can get overwhelming with so much going on at work, however, working with a great team really helps me realize how lucky I am to work with good people at such a great company.

Great people doing great work

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Private Company- Fewer hurdles to get things done, quicker turnaround for ideas and change
    Amazing People- The people at Edelman are brilliant and passionate about what they do.

Cons

Sometimes the size of Edelman can affect internal communications and the flow of information.

Position with an exceptional range of duties and collaboration with exceptionally talented colleagues

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

1. Edelman is an adventurous agency that invests in fresh technologies because its CEO is truly a master at identifying cutting-edge advances in communications and puts funds behind testing them out.
    2. The range of opportunities, with clients large and small, makes the job so interesting and enjoyable.
    3. Colleagues are, for the most part, smart and collaborative and very interesting.
    4. Edelman is making an earnest effort to enlist employees and its own treasury to give back.
    5. I simply enjoy coming to work every day -- and that hasn't happened in a long career of work elsewhere.

Cons

1. I'm paid squarely but younger, newer colleagues complain that salaries are below the industry average and promotions often take longer than they expected.
    2. The agency has grown so large so fast that it must ensure that employees and their careers don't get shortchanged.

Continue to take the steps being taken to stay ahead of the pack, committed to doing good, making the workplace collegial, shooing away or better training poor managers with bad management practices and abusive language. (But those are very few and far less than when I joined eight years ago.

Welcoming, Collaborative and Talented

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been with Edelman only a short while and without hesitation have found the team welcoming, encouraging and talented. It's rare, in my experience, to find a team so enthusiastic about someone new to the organization and ready and willing to answer questions, get you involved, and so on. Already I'm being challenged by the work and feel very confident about the future here.

Cons

Edelman is a large organization that has maintained an entrepreneurial-like environment. Some could be challenged by the dichotomy that at the same time wants for strict process, while also a bit territorial. That said, all it really takes is an ability to flex your style and embrace the benefits (and challenges) of both.

Account Executive that sees real professional growth attainable at Edelman

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at Edelman full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the culture of the DC office. Everything is a collaboration and the goal is to get the job done and do the best for your client. There is no infighting over clients or silo mentality. Leadership is very receptive to new ideas, and the structure is very flat. Everyone's contributions are heard and considered.

Cons

Compensation is not what I would have hoped for, but they have good benefits, and an understanding for work-life balance. I have not been here long enough to go through the promotion process, but I have heard it can be political.

Continue to value the contributions of employees at all levels. Engaging with your direct reports and involving them in activities that will help their personal and professional growth is the best way to gain their respect.

World Class Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you want to work for the premier PR employer this is it. Incredible, ethical culture. The smartest people. The best client roster. And it's never satisfied and it is the firm pushing the industry forward.

Cons

Some turf wars, but less so than in recent years. Some executive turnover. Work/life balance is a struggle at times but improving.

Keep the culture in tact. Don't ignore what got us to where we are as we map out the future.

Edelman is the best. We're a family of entrepeneurs who work hard and smart to live up to our well-deserved reputation.

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Washington, DC

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can't imagine a reason to leave Edelman. I've stayed with the company through moves from NYC to Tampa to DC. There's great opportunity to grow and even shift specialties within the company, really choosing your own adventure. Our colleagues and clients are great. What's more, work-life balance is definitely achievable, and we are very fairly compensated between salary and bonuses.

Cons

I really can't think of any.

N/A