EdgeWave Reviews

1. A changing company

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good people that care about quality products and succeeding in a challenging market. There is no doubt that this company has been through a rough patch, but leadership is actively working to improve and correct the errors of the past. New products, organized direction and bringing in skilled leadership in key areas like sales and product management the company is posed to make very strong growth in the next few years. If you are someone that wants a chance to write your own destiny this is an exciting place to be.

Cons

There are people who will knock the company and bring up the past as ways to dissuade people looking at the company. Yet they stay with the company and continue to work. Sales and product management have been problematic in the past but new leadership is in place and dedicated to tthe company's success. As with any company there are amazing people and not so amazing people, but the crew at EdgeWave are solid. The company needs to put behind its past and understand that if they want to compete with the big boys in the industry they have to get every department focused on execution and customer satisfaction.

Continue to develop in key business areas, sales, product development, and customer service.

2. Best Company I've worked for

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Flexibility
    -Culture
    -Benefits

I have worked in many industries and I can honestly say EdgeWave has been one of the best companies, if not the best company I've worked for. You are given independence and freedom to do your job how you see fit. I have received many incentives for a job well done above and beyond what a normal employer would give besides four raises in a little over two years (no I'm not exaggerating). Most people at the Company have only ever worked for EdgeWave or have only ever worked in the technology industry and do not realize how good they have it. I say try working in the retail or hospitality industries for awhile and then see if there are complaints about management, culture, or appreciation because there wouldn't be any.

Cons

-a few bad apples can ruin the crop

There have been a lot of changes in senior management in the sales department over the last three years. This has resulted in quite a few bad hires and disgruntled sales employees that probably should never have been hired in the first place. Sales may drive a company, but on Glassdoor regarding EdgeWave, sales employees' reviews have led to a rationalization of delusional perspective. No one that is happy really writes reviews, which is why I thought I should, since I am. All of the other departments are quite content with EdgeWave, and since that is where the Company's core competencies are, that is more important. The Company now has very exciting new leadership in the sales department, so this area should improve greatly.

Don't listen to negative reviews about management. I can honestly say I have not had a better employer. Over half the employees at EdgeWave have been with the Company for 5+ years, and quite a few for 10 and 15+ years and are very happy with the flexibility, understanding, and appreciation from their managers.

3. Revolving Door Company....positive reviews are a complete joke

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave

Pros

Building, Kitchen, proximity to every restaurant and store you will ever need

Cons

Abusive Executive Management. I'm aware that for every negative review, Management is typing out 2 or 3 "Positive reviews" in order to increase people's opinion on EdgeWave. However, if you ask anyone from IT to Sales, to Finance, non-management, you will get a different story than the "positive reviews". I was particularly amused by a few comments which pretty much sum up the "blame game". Management hires 4 (FOUR) Executive VP's of sales in 3 years, then blame their hard-working staff for being disgruntled or their former managers for making poor hiring decisions. Then someone has the audacity to call the hard working people who were "abused out" of a position "demented". If that doesn't scare you about this place then you deserve to submit yourself to this type of company. Fact is, Executive Management cannot hit their unrealistic number and as such have created a cancerous atmosphere, throughout the company that they will never recover from. If you are considering this place then you are truly down on your luck. The $6 Million that some Manager posted was not to create a better security solution. That is ridiculous. EdgeWave's competitors dish out tens of millions of dollars and can actually compete against the industry giants. This crew hyper-inflated their billings so they could borrow more money to keep the lights on. If you don't believe me, find people that work or have worked at EdgeWave, on Social Media, who are non-management, and get a true opinion on this company and their downward trajectory. Just because you invest $70K on a pretty website doesn't exactly make you the authority, or even a novice competitor, in the Computer and Network Security Space. Check out the Gartner report for 2011. Through 4 VP's of Sales in 3 years they would have you believe that since 2011 that are a real competitor against giants like McAfee, Websense and Palo Alto. That's a joke and so are their "positive comments".

Why don't you participate in Gartner? An industry analyst report will prove a lot of people, with negative attitudes wrong and it will increase your billings.

EdgeWave Response

Dec 8, 2014Director, Product Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. EdgeWave has not participated in the Gartner Magic Quadrant as we fall just below their revenue thresholds for our product groups. But we are very active with Gartner ... More

5. Growing company

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a growing company, great products, with new management and a new direction. A good time to join and capitalize in what is to come.

Cons

Growing company, growing pains. The culture is evolving, for the better. Brand is still young.

All departments must have the same goal and work as a team. Invest in the proper technologies to ensure the company stays ahead of the competition, or at least on par with them.

6. Exciting times ahead.

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Still being a small company allows employees to interact across department lines and know their names and faces. Several new products are launching in Q4 that employees are excited about.
    Management is doing a good job of growing the team in the right places.

Cons

Some people have a tough time dealing with change. Being a small company during times of change and growth can require people be willing to wear several hats and not everyone is up to that task.

Keep investing in the correct areas

7. One of the most thorough/interactive interview processes that I have been thru..extremely excited about what lies ahead!

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (less than a year)

Pros

EdgeWave's biggest competitive advantage and one of the key reasons that I joined the company recently was it's PEOPLE, PASSION and ENERGY! Walking thru the door, you can already feel the potential that this team and this company has, and the excitement across the company for the mission and journey that lies ahead! If you are looking for a company that values and rewards TEAMWORK, ENERGY, COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE and PREDICTABLE, REPEATABLE and SUSTAINABLE PERFORMANCE...than this is the family that you need to compete to be part of!

Cons

Make no mistake, EdgeWave plays in a space that many companies have succeeded and failed due to the strategic impact a solution like this has on an organization. If you don't get Cyber Security right...you don't survive! If you come here, get ready to buckle up for an exciting ride. This space is exciting with limitless growth...and you need to bring your A GAME! The great news is that your teammates are in the plane with you every step of the way!

Key focus areas need to continue to be on Retaining the TOP TALENT in the organization and continuing to Recruit TOP TALENT to join the team and bring even more energy and commitment to excellence to the table!

8. Inside Sales

Current Employee - Inside Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent outlook for EdgeWave! Many new, innovative, products on the horizon that will likely accelerate growth in the years to come. Great office culture where micro-managing is non-existent and in-office happy hours are not uncommon. Management is not only very accessible but very approachable as well. Definitely an exciting time to be here.

Cons

As a smaller organization, EdgeWave lacks brand recognition.

Continue to execute the game plan and keep the new products coming!

9. 20 Year Start-up Still Trying to Find its Way

I have been working at EdgeWave

Pros

Touching on prior reviews, the company did go through a rough patch last year since it was trying to execute on long-term strategic goals. However, there is funding now, so there has been a significant investment in headcount and product development. With the right strategy, EdgeWave can be a leader in the infosec space because of the great products and people. It's also a small company, so you get to know your colleagues well and senior management is easily approachable.

Cons

New hires seem to be lost since there is no formal on-boarding or training program. One downside of being a small company is the rumor mill runs rampant and is how most information is spread.

Listen to your employees and engage with them. Take their feedback and ideas seriously since they are the ones dealing with the day to day grind.

10. Don't be fooled! Career-Ending Company

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None really, aside from the very few remaining St Bernard folks, that remain

Cons

Executive Management knows that the company is a breath away from capitulating. Blame is placed on the hard-working people who have family's to support. Their greed and poor business acumen has created an atmosphere of distrust. Poor Executive Hiring decisions, coupled with an ever-morphing sales direction, have caused most employees to put their heads down and expect to be fired at a moments notice.

The people that line your pockets have family's. Give them at least 60 days notice before closing your doors

11. A pretty fun & exciting place to work - come prepared to be challenged and make a difference !

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership of the company is definitely turning things around. There are a ton of new and exciting projects going on, we've done of good job of getting financial backing/getting the company on solid ground. If you like new tech/security/cyber technology, this is a great place to be.

Cons

Internal Training & Project Management - Both while called out here, have gotten a lot of attention in recent history. To this end, our Internal Training and PMO programs are getting better and better every day - its helping our company operationally and will pay dividends if seen through to conclusion.

Conduct solid reviews with every employee and do cost of living/performance increases on a published schedule and stick to it.

EdgeWave Photos