EdgeWave Reviews

EdgeWave CEO & President Dave Maquera
Dave Maquera

1. Great opportunity to be a part of EdgeWave

I worked at EdgeWave

Pros

Excellent new executive leadership in Worldwide Sales & Worldwide Channels & Alliances

Cons

Competitive Market Place with established players

Sorry

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Petaluma, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Petaluma, CA

I worked at EdgeWave (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a good product and co-workers are excellent.

Cons

Poor management is going to put the company in the ground.

Advice to Management

Fire some top management. Too top heavy.

3. Executive Management is the problem

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at EdgeWave

Pros

Most of your colleagues are nice and helpful and even fun to work with. Products are pretty good for the most part.

Cons

Executive management. I'd love to go into more detail, but it's just as simple as saying that Executive management is the reason for all cons associated with Edgewave. Nepotism runs rampant and quality employees and leaders have been run out as a result the CEO and CFO not understanding what it takes to grow a business.

Advice to Management

This is more advice to the Board of Directors.....get rid of the CEO and his cronies. Let the sales leadership team run the show and shape the direction of the future. They actually know what they are doing.

5. my experience at Edgewave

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at EdgeWave (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competent engineers, good technology. The technology staff are committed and very competent.

Cons

Poorly run company, management is very short sighted. Lots of pressure without forethought. A cash cow for the management and nothing for the staff. Too much work, no appreciation or incentives.

6. Clown-show

I worked at EdgeWave full-time

Pros

Most of the sales people are cool, but no professionalism, top to bottom. Email product is decent.

Cons

Zero structure, favoritism, dated technology and constant pressure to meet impossible goals.

Advice to Management

None, they know it's a train-wreck too.

7. Rollercoaster ride

I worked at EdgeWave

Pros

Salary was okay, commission structure, some mangers were nice, location, liked the smaller company feel and some people were nice to work with.

Cons

The reviews regarding inflating their billings, several sales vps in the last 3 years are all true. I'm surprised some of the executive staff haven't been led out in handcuffs for the corruption that everyone knows is going on there.I had the most miserable life while working here. You're so stressed that you lose sleep because you know there's no way you're going to come close to hitting quota but they find a way to make you feel like you're the problem. When you're talking to a client and they do a simple Google search and ask why you're operating in the red zone financially, that's a problem. There have been so many people who have quit or even fired but have been rehired! It's sad, it's like an abusive relationship that you want to get out of, but they tell you every once in awhile they love you, so you stay. Just stay away and your life will be great!

Advice to Management

Stop the revolving door or mangers, vps and employees. Stop hiring family members in high positions, it's embarrassing.

A changing company

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people that care about quality products and succeeding in a challenging market. There is no doubt that this company has been through a rough patch, but leadership is actively working to improve and correct the errors of the past. New products, organized direction and bringing in skilled leadership in key areas like sales and product management the company is posed to make very strong growth in the next few years. If you are someone that wants a chance to write your own destiny this is an exciting place to be.

Cons

There are people who will knock the company and bring up the past as ways to dissuade people looking at the company. Yet they stay with the company and continue to work. Sales and product management have been problematic in the past but new leadership is in place and dedicated to tthe company's success. As with any company there are amazing people and not so amazing people, but the crew at EdgeWave are solid. The company needs to put behind its past and understand that if they want to compete with the big boys in the industry they have to get every department focused on execution and customer satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop in key business areas, sales, product development, and customer service.

Best Company I've worked for

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Flexibility -Culture -Benefits I have worked in many industries and I can honestly say EdgeWave has been one of the best companies, if not the best company I've worked for. You are given independence and freedom to do your job how you see fit. I have received many incentives for a job well done above and beyond what a normal employer would give besides four raises in a little over two years (no I'm not exaggerating). Most people at the Company have only ever worked for EdgeWave or have only ever worked in the technology industry and do not realize how good they have it. I say try working in the retail or hospitality industries for awhile and then see if there are complaints about management, culture, or appreciation because there wouldn't be any.

Cons

-a few bad apples can ruin the crop There have been a lot of changes in senior management in the sales department over the last three years. This has resulted in quite a few bad hires and disgruntled sales employees that probably should never have been hired in the first place. Sales may drive a company, but on Glassdoor regarding EdgeWave, sales employees' reviews have led to a rationalization of delusional perspective. No one that is happy really writes reviews, which is why I thought I should, since I am. All of the other departments are quite content with EdgeWave, and since that is where the Company's core competencies are, that is more important. The Company now has very exciting new leadership in the sales department, so this area should improve greatly.

Advice to Management

Don't listen to negative reviews about management. I can honestly say I have not had a better employer. Over half the employees at EdgeWave have been with the Company for 5+ years, and quite a few for 10 and 15+ years and are very happy with the flexibility, understanding, and appreciation from their managers.

10. Revolving Door Company....positive reviews are a complete joke

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave

Pros

Building, Kitchen, proximity to every restaurant and store you will ever need

Cons

Abusive Executive Management. I'm aware that for every negative review, Management is typing out 2 or 3 "Positive reviews" in order to increase people's opinion on EdgeWave. However, if you ask anyone from IT to Sales, to Finance, non-management, you will get a different story than the "positive reviews". I was particularly amused by a few comments which pretty much sum up the "blame game". Management hires 4 (FOUR) Executive VP's of sales in 3 years, then blame their hard-working staff for being disgruntled or their former managers for making poor hiring decisions. Then someone has the audacity to call the hard working people who were "abused out" of a position "demented". If that doesn't scare you about this place then you deserve to submit yourself to this type of company. Fact is, Executive Management cannot hit their unrealistic number and as such have created a cancerous atmosphere, throughout the company that they will never recover from. If you are considering this place then you are truly down on your luck. The $6 Million that some Manager posted was not to create a better security solution. That is ridiculous. EdgeWave's competitors dish out tens of millions of dollars and can actually compete against the industry giants. This crew hyper-inflated their billings so they could borrow more money to keep the lights on. If you don't believe me, find people that work or have worked at EdgeWave, on Social Media, who are non-management, and get a true opinion on this company and their downward trajectory. Just because you invest $70K on a pretty website doesn't exactly make you the authority, or even a novice competitor, in the Computer and Network Security Space. Check out the Gartner report for 2011. Through 4 VP's of Sales in 3 years they would have you believe that since 2011 that are a real competitor against giants like McAfee, Websense and Palo Alto. That's a joke and so are their "positive comments".

Advice to Management

Why don't you participate in Gartner? An industry analyst report will prove a lot of people, with negative attitudes wrong and it will increase your billings.

EdgeWave Response

Dec 8, 2014 – Director, Product Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. EdgeWave has not participated in the Gartner Magic Quadrant as we fall just below their revenue thresholds for our product groups. But we are very active with Gartner ... More

11. Growing company

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a growing company, great products, with new management and a new direction. A good time to join and capitalize in what is to come.

Cons

Growing company, growing pains. The culture is evolving, for the better. Brand is still young.

Advice to Management

All departments must have the same goal and work as a team. Invest in the proper technologies to ensure the company stays ahead of the competition, or at least on par with them.

RSS Feed </> Embed