Edgenuity Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
Updated September 19, 2014
3.2

Sari Factor

Love working at Edgenuity!

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer  in  Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Edgenuity full-time for more than a year

Pros

The atmosphere is great and I thoroughly enjoy my co-workers. The work life balance is very good, and the work that the company does is something to be proud of as well. They also highly promote growth within the company.

Cons

I cannot think of any major Cons.

Kind of a mess from beginning to end

I have been working at Edgenuity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very sharp people to work with, good pay, nice new building

Cons

It's truly one of the most immature places I've ever worked. High school clique-ishness abounds. If you're tight with certain managers, then your life is pretty easy, and you may not be held accountable when you should be. Several of the people are downright surly. There were several times I wished I could slip Prozac in the water cooler.
    From the beginning there seemed to be a lack of someone driving the bus. That driver has now arrived, so it remains to be seen how that will go.

If you want to play with the big boys, you have to expect more from your dev team - it's time for them to GROW UP and be held accountable.

Generally a wonderful...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Edgenuity full-time

Pros

Co-workers are great, a true team atmosphere where everyone is more than willing to help each other out! Definitely makes you feel like one of the team.

Cons

The CEO is weak, a poor leader in many regards, and her search for a permanent EA has gotten ridiculous! I think the company is just going through different staffing agencies each time, since there is nothing wrong with the individuals she is getting. It doesn't help that her own HR team is telling staffing agencies the following, so be forewarned if you are going after this position...
    CEO's work style- She has high expectations, works at a quick pace; is always right (so you never are), just do as told (in other words, be seen and not heard) and fix as needed (because it will always be wrong); is a former teacher, very critical and points out every mistake on paper (and everywhere else it seems); provides timely feedback on work or info needed so progress on anything is not delayed; is self-sufficient, not a lot of needs beyond M-F, 8a-4:30p schedule w/ ½ hour lunch; is always in a good mood, rarely lets on when things are difficult so it makes it her pleasant to work with her even during rough times; is approachable and available; likes efficiency and keeping her on time; regularly communicates; meetings daily each morning when she is in town Candidate must haves: thick skin - CEO can be demeaning but in a nice way and talks with a smile (so, it’s okay to be demeaning as long as you smile?); able to multi-task w/strong organizational skills; put CEO needs first, need to be responsive, act quickly and adjust to her priorities; sometimes details are not provided and need to be creative and resourceful to fill in the blanks (since you’ll get no guidance from her, just guess…you won’t get it right anyways)

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great mid size company - lots of opportunity

I have been working at Edgenuity full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lots of things to learn and areas to explore. The company has a great mission to enhance education across the country and some great products.

Cons

Working in this industry in general takes lots of hard work. Hours can be long some times.

Sep 11, 2014Staffing Specialist

Thanks for your support of our products and mission! Edgenuity was founded with the mission to help all students achieve success and we work very hard to make that happen!

Quality product, fun workers

Current Employee - Editor  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Editor in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Edgenuity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work/life balance, relatively casual dress policy, flexible. The Product Development department has become increasingly cohesive, with ever-better communication, process, and emphasis on quality. Coworkers are talented and fun. Scottsdale office is brand new, with lots of windows and great conference rooms. Increasing emphasis on wellness programs. The work itself is interesting and rewarding, and directly helps schoolchildren.

Cons

Some benefits/perks currently lacking due to budget. As in many corporations, there are some politics, and it's not easy to be promoted. You never quite know what decisions upper management will spring on the company, though it's been relatively stable lately.

Keep up the emphasis on quality, be as transparent as possible, and reward and affirm long-term and talented employees.

Sep 11, 2014Staffing Specialist

We are so glad that you enjoy working from our brand new, state of the art office as we are! Thank you for your notes on recognition, they will be forwarded to the newly formed Recognition Committee!

Edgenuity - A disappointing place to work...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Edgenuity full-time

Pros

Work/life balance is ok.

Cons

Upper management is completely out of touch with employees and they probably don't really care anyway (and it's obvious). Company often lets their highly qualified individuals walk out the door because the environment at Edgenuity is everyone is replaceable. The "health benefits" are a joke (if you have a family you are better off finding a private plan - unless you want to work full time and then get a part time job to afford said benefits). The 401k discretionary match is just carrot held in front of employees, but will never happen - but wow the new building needed another television showing off the same repeating message over and over. The long term employees are mostly underpaid and way overworked. I would not recommend Edgenuity as an employer to my friends.

See list of cons and work to improve them and the overall morale of employees.

Sep 11, 2014Staffing Specialist

While insurance can be expensive anywhere you might work, Edgenuity provides a variety of well priced benefits that meet the needs of many different employees with different needs.

This company is the worst company to work for.

I have been working at Edgenuity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They are on online company but don't want any employees to work from home, which is completely doable with their setup.

Cons

They want to employee the least amount of employees possible and pay them the smallest amount they can. Therefore, employee are overworked and underpaid. They give ridiculous reasons for laying you off when really they just want to cut payroll. The executives are just worried about the bottom line and DO NOT care about their employees at all.

Treat your employees like real human beings that have lives and families to support. Even out the budget so you can pay employees who work extremely hard what they are worth. Quit wasting money on providing the company with a new reusable water bottle every six months. Reward your employees with prizes they actually want like gift cards and make to possible for ALL employees to receive something. Make it so employees can work from home and don't lie to your employees. Be honest with them and they'll be honest with you.

Sep 11, 2014Staffing Specialist

While working from home is a perk not available to all employees, it does apply to bc retain positions. Edgenuity strongly feels a team focused approach where employees work from the office to allow ... More

Fantastic!

Current Employee - Account Management
    Current Employee - Account Management

I have been working at Edgenuity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful leadership. Knows what they are doing

Cons

HOT!!! In Phoenix!! Need to get an office elsewhere!!

Mar 20, 2014Staffing Specialist

Edgenuity also has an office in New York City.

Still a startup

Current Employee - Associate Producer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Producer in New York, NY

I have been working at Edgenuity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers are passionate about the product they create. There is a definite push for constant improvement among all staff and new upper management is taking the company in a better direction.

Cons

Quantity is often valued over quality, simply because of current demands among schools. Due dates can be unrealistic, creating stress and need to work outside of business hours. Current workflow processes need improvement.

Mar 20, 2014Staffing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback, our Product Development cycle has and will continue to evolve to a process that works for employees as well as management.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Instructor
    Former Employee - Instructor

I worked at Edgenuity as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work from home. Flexible hours. Nice people.

Cons

Low pay for the amount of work expected.

Pay your instructors a bit more per student.

Worked for Edgenuity? Contribute to the Community!