Edgepark Medical Supplies

Add Photos

Michael Petras Jr

Visibility with upper management

Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) Twinsburg, OH

ProsAs an intern, was given a lot of responsibility and work was seen by the executive team.

ConsTechnology/systems seem to be outdated. Open style seating does not give a lot of privacy but makes it a more casual environment.

Love EP

Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) Twinsburg, OH

ProsHours / Employees / Cafe / Fitness Center /

ConsNothing that i can think of

If you're looking for a job, keep looking!

Medical Device Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Twinsburg, OH

ProsThe Ohio location has a very nice gym with trainers and regular exercise classes. Also, the cafeteria is a plus.

ConsSink or Swim mentality. This company lacks foresight, strategy, vision, support, and industry knowledge. They have no blueprint for success. They do not foster team work. The training is horrible. Not at all useful or relevant. Morale is low, turnover is high. Career advancement is limited. Computer system is completed outdated and limits daily progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of every last manager and start over!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In need of a cultural turnaround

ProsThe company fosters a fast paced, challenging environment. It offers lots of opportunities for improvement. Benefits include a good quality fitness center, trainers, and a paid cafeteria.

ConsThe company offers entry level benefits regardless of experience. Dysfunctional executive team with a focus on short term goals. Poor bereavement policy. Poor training opportunities.

Great people, slow on technologies, poor executives and managers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people below management and executives. Lots of manual work to keep you busy.

ConsTechnology isn't the greatest. Executives and manager don't understand your role and responsibilities in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTribal knowledge ran the company for many years, instead of reinventing the wheel, this information (knowledge) shouldn't have been swept under the rug. Hopefully the company continues to grow.

It was okay

Billing Representative (Former Employee) Twinsburg, OH

ProsGood cafeteria and cafe. Pay was decent. Management was sometimes useless

ConsLong hours, not appreciated workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your workers

If nervous breakdowns are your jam, Edgepark is your company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree parking, reasonable pay. "underling" level co-workers are really nice.

ConsWhere to begin? I worked there for more than 3 years after a previous job laid me off. When I first started, I would cry every day in the parking lot before going in. And as I drove home at night I would cry, too. The woman training me was so unprofessional and mean, instead of answering questions she would just sit there and crack really lame sex jokes all morning long. There was literally no one willing to help you if you had a question. One of the previous reviews calls it "sink or swim" training and that's exactly how it is.

The one review that talks about having to sit in the parking lot for 30 minutes sounds like me! If you were 1 minute late you were in big trouble, so I always had to show up with half an hour to spare. Scheduling time off is impossible. I had to have surgery following a miscarriage, and they made me work a half day on the day of the surgery. At that point, I really couldn't believe what I had gotten myself into. I'm an educated person, I have a great work ethic... surely this wasn't my life. But it was.

I promised myself I wouldn't give up. I made it, and eventually I was earning a healthy bonus and annual raises. Things were still pretty bad in terms of the culture, but I had gotten numb. The economy was horrible and I felt lucky just to have a job. Finally I found something else.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix your training program to be more effective. Add cubicles to give privacy and personal space. Improve work/life balance - this most of all.

Amazing and positive

ProsIt seems that too many ppl feel entitled...they want jobs that baby them. Truth is, if you want to make great money you have to deal with some stress. Its called work for a reason. This company is more than fair to those that deserve it. If you come here wondering what this company can do for you? Then you've already dropped the ball...with this attitude you'll never stay at a company and be a valuable asset. This company gives you ample opp to thrive. Ofcourse when you sit around and b* this will never come true.

ConsBilling department hates sales...so the communication between the two can be broken down. Which is dumb bc we need both to survive.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone...everyday they are trying to make ppl happy while trying to make sure we all have jobs for the next 40+ years....a hard act to balance when adults that act like babies.

CLIQUEPARK

HMO Biller (Former Employee) Twinsburg, OH

ProsHad a fitness center which is a plus outside that there really isn't anything positive to say except I am positive I am no longer at Edgepark.

ConsTop 5 reasons not to work at edgepark
    5. No way for job advancement
    4. Management hears what employees say, but doesn't listen
    3. No Consistency through the billing department
    2. NO WALLS: whoever thought that was effective obviously never worked in billing
    1. upper management CLIQUE:
    PLEASE LOOK AT ALL OTHER REVIEWS UNDER THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advice to give management because it will get shoved under the rug like everything else has!!! Even though I haven't been there in almost a year the stuff that I personally hear from current employees is unbelievable and it is sinking like the Titanic!

Horrible management and unrealistic goals

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Twinsburg, OH

ProsOn site fitness center and cafe. Pay is ok along with bonuses. Vacation time and sick you get as soon as you start working there.

ConsManagement is horrible!!! You come into work everyday waiting to get fired. You are expected to come in work a minimum of 120 orders a day and take a minimum of 40 phone calls. They want. You to be on the phones with customers no more then 5 minutes. Some people waiting a month and a half for ostomy supplies. If you don't meet the expectations for calls or orders you better be prepared to be wrote up or fired. Don't stand up for yourself either because if they cannot find a realistic reason to fire you they'll make one up. There is no recourse or a grievence committee to go to and file a complaint. They talk about how it's a family company well if this is my actual family acted and treated me I would have offed myself.

Worked for Edgepark Medical Supplies? Contribute to the Community!