Edgepark Medical Supplies

Michael Petras Jr

Visibility with upper management

Former Employee - Financial Analyst Intern in Twinsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst Intern in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern, was given a lot of responsibility and work was seen by the executive team.

Cons

Technology/systems seem to be outdated. Open style seating does not give a lot of privacy but makes it a more casual environment.

Stay Far Far Away

Former Employee - Medical Device Specialist
    Former Employee - Medical Device Specialist

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies full-time

Pros

The hours are pretty standard, you can leave work at work (very little reason to stay late), the company has a nice gym

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE: management has either never been trained or trained extremely poorly. Favoritism runs rampant throughout the company - if you're one of the "chosen few" life is good. If not, good luck. Management focuses on all the wrong things: writing up employees for being a minute late more than twice (yes, this really happens. I was written up for clocking in at 8:31 three times.) They have a weird, secretive way of choosing how people are promoted - you have almost NO say in what department you go to. They didn't have an internal job board for which you could apply to other company jobs. Instead, your manager would decide what positions would be "appropriate" for you.

Basically - they operate with a culture of fear: people work just hard enough to get by and not get fired. By far the WORST place I've ever worked. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

Talk to you entry-level and mid-level non-management employees (but make sure they know there won't be any fear of retribution). You'll find out that most management is completely inept and spend their days listening in on other people's phone calls instead of trying to develop their staff.

Wish I never worked there!

Former Employee - Data Warehouse/Report Developer in Twinsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Data Warehouse/Report Developer in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free parking and coffee. The fitness center is nice.

Cons

My list is too long, so here are a few things. The management I worked with in IT had no concept of "best practices" when it come to programming. Everything was built on the "hacks" of other hacks! The open floor plan makes for a very noisy and distracting work environment. My biggest pet peeve was how management liked to instill fear into us for any reason. Finally, when they tell you that all their documentation is in a folder on the network called " FireFighting", this is a red flag that nobody there knows what they are doing.

Leave Ohio

Love EP

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Twinsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hours / Employees / Cafe / Fitness Center /

Cons

Nothing that i can think of

In need of a cultural turnaround

I have been working at Edgepark Medical Supplies full-time

Pros

The company fosters a fast paced, challenging environment. It offers lots of opportunities for improvement. Benefits include a good quality fitness center, trainers, and a paid cafeteria.

Cons

The company offers entry level benefits regardless of experience. Dysfunctional executive team with a focus on short term goals. Poor bereavement policy. Poor training opportunities.

If you're looking for a job, keep looking!

Current Employee - Medical Device Sales Specialist in Twinsburg, OH
    Current Employee - Medical Device Sales Specialist in Twinsburg, OH

I have been working at Edgepark Medical Supplies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Ohio location has a very nice gym with trainers and regular exercise classes. Also, the cafeteria is a plus.

Cons

Sink or Swim mentality. This company lacks foresight, strategy, vision, support, and industry knowledge. They have no blueprint for success. They do not foster team work. The training is horrible. Not at all useful or relevant. Morale is low, turnover is high. Career advancement is limited. Computer system is completed outdated and limits daily progress.

Get rid of every last manager and start over!

Great people, slow on technologies, poor executives and managers

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people below management and executives. Lots of manual work to keep you busy.

Cons

Technology isn't the greatest. Executives and manager don't understand your role and responsibilities in the company.

Tribal knowledge ran the company for many years, instead of reinventing the wheel, this information (knowledge) shouldn't have been swept under the rug. Hopefully the company continues to grow.

It was okay

Former Employee - Billing Representative in Twinsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Billing Representative in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good cafeteria and cafe. Pay was decent. Management was sometimes useless

Cons

Long hours, not appreciated workforce.

Appreciate your workers

If nervous breakdowns are your jam, Edgepark is your company.

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies

Pros

Free parking, reasonable pay. "underling" level co-workers are really nice.

Cons

Where to begin? I worked there for more than 3 years after a previous job laid me off. When I first started, I would cry every day in the parking lot before going in. And as I drove home at night I would cry, too. The woman training me was so unprofessional and mean, instead of answering questions she would just sit there and crack really lame sex jokes all morning long. There was literally no one willing to help you if you had a question. One of the previous reviews calls it "sink or swim" training and that's exactly how it is.

The one review that talks about having to sit in the parking lot for 30 minutes sounds like me! If you were 1 minute late you were in big trouble, so I always had to show up with half an hour to spare. Scheduling time off is impossible. I had to have surgery following a miscarriage, and they made me work a half day on the day of the surgery. At that point, I really couldn't believe what I had gotten myself into. I'm an educated person, I have a great work ethic... surely this wasn't my life. But it was.

I promised myself I wouldn't give up. I made it, and eventually I was earning a healthy bonus and annual raises. Things were still pretty bad in terms of the culture, but I had gotten numb. The economy was horrible and I felt lucky just to have a job. Finally I found something else.

Fix your training program to be more effective. Add cubicles to give privacy and personal space. Improve work/life balance - this most of all.

Amazing and positive

I have been working at Edgepark Medical Supplies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It seems that too many ppl feel entitled...they want jobs that baby them. Truth is, if you want to make great money you have to deal with some stress. Its called work for a reason. This company is more than fair to those that deserve it. If you come here wondering what this company can do for you? Then you've already dropped the ball...with this attitude you'll never stay at a company and be a valuable asset. This company gives you ample opp to thrive. Ofcourse when you sit around and b* this will never come true.

Cons

Billing department hates sales...so the communication between the two can be broken down. Which is dumb bc we need both to survive.

None...everyday they are trying to make ppl happy while trying to make sure we all have jobs for the next 40+ years....a hard act to balance when adults that act like babies.