Edgepark Medical Supplies Reviews

Michael Petras Jr

1. Place orders over the phone

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Edgepark Medical Supplies (More than a year)

Pros

Great starting pay and annual raises

Cons

Micro managed, sick days are used against you

Advice to Management

Come up with a better structure for attendance it doesn't make sense that you can't use all your sick days as needed and they have to be pre approved days off

customer service

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Twinsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies

Pros

I met some great coworkers

Cons

I worked there for 12 years then they were bought out by cardinal health under new customer service manager who is horrible does not know how to manage a call center if you look into working for this company do not go to customer service or you will be short term no future in this position or probably the company

Advice to Management

Hire better managers who are fair

High stress work environment

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies full-time

Pros

Outside of medical insurance some very good employee benefits offered.

Cons

Micro-managed work style, very stressful with minimal compensation

Advice to Management

Hire experienced managers, project managers to foresee business practices and changes so as to maintain consistent and reduce high turnover rate

If you have morals, this isn't the place for you.

Former Employee - Billing Representative in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits - health benefits are top notch - from day one too! Some good coworkers. "Steady" 9-5 job. Self discovery of what really matters in life and how one person can impact the happiness of people.

Cons

Everything else. You can trust absolutely no one in management. They will fire you if you breathe the wrong way (I saw far too many coworkers fired over petty things.) it is a free-for-all on gossip amongst the management. They lie about your job role to get you in the door. No matter what you ask or say, you will be forced to take phone calls and be turned into a call center rep. Your bonus is 100% subjective and not based on your actual work or numbers.

As if it's not bad enough to treat the employee poorly, they treat the patients even worse! I have never seen such a complete lack of care for human beings. Patients go weeks without communication from us on their medical supplies, but if you express concern to management you are reprimanded for questioning their authority. Seriously, go check out their one star review on google.

It is in one's best interest to not work in the billing department. Do yourself a favor and skip this 'opportunity."

Advice to Management

Treat your employees and patients with respect. Get rid of the backwards culture and old school mentality - your workspace is worse than a high school locker room. Don't grow too quickly. Listen to your employees when they suggest ideas or express concerns. I would also highly recommend finding a good church for your entire management team to learn how to treat other human being.

Billing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Twinsburg, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Twinsburg, OH

I have been working at Edgepark Medical Supplies (More than a year)

Pros

There a few pros. Built great relationships with co-workers, excluding management that I will take with me. Vacation time and decent Health Insurance are offered.

Cons

This is the worst place I have ever been employed. Run far far away!! Stressful work environment for a job that does not need to be stressful. Management runs in a clique so if you are disliked you are going to be fired. Favoritism runs rampant. Hostile work environment created by supervisors and management talking about employees loudly in an open work environment. This place has a revolving door. Job fairs every month, hiring unqualified individuals on the spot just to fill the quota. Poor training, if any is offered. Expected to do the jobs of every department with no compensation or even a thank you. This place is a living, breathing hell.

Advice to Management

Stop harassing, belittling and threatening good people just because you hate your own life and job. Treat people with respect and you may get some in return. Terrible people.

7. High stress low morale

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Twinsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fitness center is really nice. Clean working environment. PTO and sick time is given to you on first day of work

Cons

Where do I begin? You have managers and directors that have no clue what they are doing. They don't have basic product knowledge and couldn't do the job that their employees do if their lives depended on it. They have meetings with supervisors that last an hour or more every day, which leaves no one available to answer employees questions or take supervisor calls. Favoritism runs rampant to say the least. There is a "do as I say not as I do" mentality with managers. Supervisors and employees are totally motivated by fear which leads to poor morale. Micro-managing is the norm so get used to it if you're going to work here. Big brother is always looking over your shoulder or listening in on your calls. They paint a pretty picture to hook you into accepting a job but follow through on their promises is non existent. They will smile at you when they hire you and when they fire you.

Advice to Management

Management never listens to any advice so it's pointless to even fill this section out

Ok but not what I thought it would be

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Twinsburg, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Twinsburg, OH

I have been working at Edgepark Medical Supplies

Pros

The pay is decent. You get PTO and sick time on your first day.

Cons

They don't care about their workers. You will get a point for being one minute late. It doesn't matter if you have a doctor's note you still get a point. You can barely take a breather after taking a call bc they want you to keep taking calls.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your workers more.

One of the worst companies I ever worked for.

Former Employee - Marketing Employee in Twinsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Marketing Employee in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I did get a couple of bonuses, otherwise none.

Cons

Horrible work environment, poor management. My supervisor sat at the desk next to me and asked me very 5 minutes how far I was on my project. He also would stare at me with lust in his eyes all day. Yuck! Their idea of a work environment was one open room with about 50 people crammed into it and another room just like it next to it. They call this an "open environment". I call it not trusting your employees and feeling the need to watch them every second. I didn't have one minute of quiet or peace. I was also told to clock out at my designated time, but to hang out a little longer because it "looked good." There was so much work they also talked about me coming in on Saturdays and Sundays to work too. I was about to set up a cot and sleep in the warehouse, since there would be no point in going home and going right back. Needless to say, I did not stay there long. Avoid this company at all costs!

Advice to Management

Get a clue about how to treat employees - we are human beings!

Avoid EP at all costs

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies

Pros

The pay/bonus structure was all right...but if you didn't meet all of the requirements (number of calls a day, etc.), they refused to give it to you. Overtime wasn't really done and you were able to leave work at work and forget about it

Cons

Everything else. Seriously. The company culture was horrible - it was a culture of fear. You worked hard enough not to get fired. managers played favorites and many shouldn't have been in their positions.

Stay Far Far Away

Former Employee - Medical Device Specialist
    Former Employee - Medical Device Specialist

I worked at Edgepark Medical Supplies full-time

Pros

The hours are pretty standard, you can leave work at work (very little reason to stay late), the company has a nice gym

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE: management has either never been trained or trained extremely poorly. Favoritism runs rampant throughout the company - if you're one of the "chosen few" life is good. If not, good luck. Management focuses on all the wrong things: writing up employees for being a minute late more than twice (yes, this really happens. I was written up for clocking in at 8:31 three times.) They have a weird, secretive way of choosing how people are promoted - you have almost NO say in what department you go to. They didn't have an internal job board for which you could apply to other company jobs. Instead, your manager would decide what positions would be "appropriate" for you.

Basically - they operate with a culture of fear: people work just hard enough to get by and not get fired. By far the WORST place I've ever worked. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Talk to you entry-level and mid-level non-management employees (but make sure they know there won't be any fear of retribution). You'll find out that most management is completely inept and spend their days listening in on other people's phone calls instead of trying to develop their staff.

RSS Feed </> Embed