Edible Arrangements

Updated September 26, 2014
3.1

Edible Arrangements Founder and CEO Tariq Farid
Tariq Farid

Pros
  • Even though it can be STRESSFUL, it's still a fun and cool work environment (in 8 reviews)

• Plus, there's always fresh fruit in the kitchen, and chocolate dipped fruit floating around most of the time, too (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Working for long hours, breaks were cut in half, manager wasn't friend, employees were clocking out before their shift (in 8 reviews)

• No benefits if you're part-time (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Not a bad company to work for.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Edible Arrangements full-time for less than a year

Pros

Making people's day, every single day is a huge plus. Even if you had a bad day, you're happy thinking about all the people you made smile today.
    Since it's a franchise, you have the support of a big company, but day-to-day in the store is just your typical, locally owned small business. Not too much interaction with corporate, which I like. They check in everyone once in a while to make sure we're upholding standards, but that's about it.

Cons

Holidays are crazy.
    No benefits.
    Making arrangements every day can get pretty monotonous.

You charge franchisees too much for the materials to run the business. You're making way too much profit off of hard working business owners. I considered opening my own store but I have changed my mind. I'm a penny pincher and I don't think I could handle wasting hard earned money on "mandatory products" sold by a company owned by the same people.

Great gig in between jobs

Former Employee - Production
    Former Employee - Production

I worked at Edible Arrangements part-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked here while looking for a full-time job. It was great for someone who likes to work with food, likes to make things, and is a visual learner. Also, seeing the details of running a small business.

Cons

Being on your feet for 8 hours, making the same thing over and over sometimes got monotonous. Also, it's not nearly as much fun to make arrangements when you're stressing because of time deadlines and the phone is ringing off the hook with new orders. No benefits if you're part-time.

It's also a small business, so you pretty much have only the owner to go to for any issues- there is no HR like you would have in a larger company. It's like their way or the highway, and if there are disagreements or personality clashes, you could be gone pretty fast, and there's nothing you can do about it- I saw that happen to a few people while I was there.

Make entry-level pay at least $10 an hour. There is a huge amount of work and a learning curve, so it would be great to retain employees. They would be more likely to stick around longer if the pay was more competitive.

Overall fun experience

I worked at Edible Arrangements

Pros

The best reason to work at Edible Arrangements is simply for how entertaining it is to make and arrange the fruits, as well as the personal growth.

Cons

The challenges of working at Edible Arrangements is quickly learning how to make all the different fruit varieties, but it's easy with practice.

More communication needed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun job as long as you don't want to have a life around Christmas or Valentines

Former Employee - Fruit Expert  in  Flower Mound, TX
    Former Employee - Fruit Expert in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at Edible Arrangements part-time for more than a year

Pros

workers and owners are happy and positive. All workers are part-time and manager does a good job of balancing everyone's schedule. Job is fun and laid back (except during holidays) and most people are excited and happy to receive the fruit arrangements. Owners are very appreciative of staff and are wonderful people to work for.

Cons

Not enough back-up during holiday seasons. Core employees often work fifteen hour days during Christmas and Valentines. During slow times, core employees often work alone which can be frustrating when multiple orders/customers come in at once. Owners seem kind of out of the loop on the day-to-day work. Owners have many opinions on how the day-to-day tasks should be performed (fruit prep and arrangement making), but they hardly work at making arrangements themselves....so seems that employees opinions should be taken more serious since they actually make the arrangements daily.

Better organization, need of more reliable employees to help during times when one suddenly becomes slammed . Better planning during holidays could yield great improvements.

Great Company, Franchisee Consistency Lacking

Current Employee - Fruit Expert  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Fruit Expert in Houston, TX

I have been working at Edible Arrangements full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Fixed schedules
    -Opportunity for crosstraining/advancement
    -Employee discounts
    -Overall fun enviorment

Cons

-Franchisees' values and integrity are not consistent.

Be upfront with your employees--they will respect you when they too feel respected.

Busy but Fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Edible Arrangements full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very busy, the days fly by, and I have learned so much since I started. Professional and personally it has provided me with a lot of growth.

Cons

Sometimes too busy but I still enjoy it. It can get very busy around the holidays but the teams all pull together and it is really inspirational.

Be more connected with your teams and manage your teams.

Uncomplicated

Current Employee - Dipped Fruit Production
    Current Employee - Dipped Fruit Production

I have been working at Edible Arrangements full-time

Pros

Lots of free fresh fruit! None of the tasks are that difficult to complete. You're either dipping fruit, making arrangements, or prepping for the next day. Some days can be very relaxing especially during the summer when the store is a little more slow than usual. I'm in college and my manager is very willing to work around my schedule while giving me the hours that I want.

Cons

No benefits. Pay isn't so bad, sometimes you can have opportunities for raises. You can run into a lot of really nasty people that are upset about their fruit for whatever reason, but that's given in any kind of customer service job. For the most part, everyone is pretty civil. Holidays are crazy - especially Mother's Day. It seems like the store is either dead or the phone is ringing off the hook, there are 20 orders going out for delivery that day, and 10 more just came in on the computer. It really just depends.

I'm satisfied with the management at my store.

Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Branford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Branford, CT

I have been working at Edible Arrangements part-time

Pros

Great alternative to purchasing flowers and a card. I think it's an awesome concept to send these types of arrangements. Who would t love to receive something like that?!

Cons

I have no cons. Where I interviewed was awesome. Very clean and laid back atmosphere and the employees were very helpful while I waited to be interviewed.

No advice

very poor management

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Edible Arrangements full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

nothing to say, but fruit is just fruit.

Cons

very unfriendly company. angry unsatisfied customers. very demanding customers. and very poor customer service.

they don't deserve my advice, they are already millionaires.

Bad Taste in Your Mouth, not so edible after all. Job was one of the worst positions I have ever held, poor environment.

Current Employee - Fruit Expert  in  Morrisville, PA
    Current Employee - Fruit Expert in Morrisville, PA

I have been working at Edible Arrangements part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None almost. A basic shift work job with no room for advancement. At least it is mindless work where you zone out to collect a check.

Cons

Poor Management and aweful corporate and interfrancise workings. No room for advancement and no reason to not work at Mcy D's over this lack luster greedy organization.

Edible Arrangements Photos

Worked for Edible Arrangements? Contribute to the Community!