Edible Arrangements Reviews

Reset
3.2
Edible Arrangements Founder and CEO Tariq Farid
Tariq Farid

Pros
  • Fun and friendly work environment (in 8 reviews)

• Plus, there's always fresh fruit in the kitchen, and chocolate dipped fruit floating around most of the time, too (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours during peek times, very little opportunity for advancement (in 8 reviews)

• No benefits if you're part-time (in 8 reviews)

1. Current Employee

I have been working at Edible Arrangements

Pros

Learn how to dip fruit and make arrangement.
    Plus its healthy.

Cons

Customers are rude and impatient at times.

2. Driver

I have been working at Edible Arrangements

Pros

Employer works with my schedule. Fun to bring smiles to people's faces!

Cons

Valentine's week is a nightmare

Advice to Management

Thanks

3. Great Job

I worked at Edible Arrangements

Pros

Flexible times, great staff, great company

Cons

No benefits, shift work, long holidays

Supervisor

Current Employee - Front End Supervisor
    Current Employee - Front End Supervisor

I have been working at Edible Arrangements part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The location I work for in Rancho Cucamonga is amazing. A family environment with a lot of patience especially during the Holidays. I'm giving this review a high rating based on the store I work for, not based on corporate.

Cons

Corporate office is extremely disorganized. They always shelf out new containers and expect every store to stock up to maximum level just for us to be left with unused inventory that they don't buy back. They play favorites to owners with more than one store.They force remodeling down your throat and if you don't have the ample space, they force you to move out of your CONTRACTED location or to sell your franchise.

Advice to Management

None.

EASY - except when it isn't.

Current Employee - Dipped Fruit Production
    Current Employee - Dipped Fruit Production

I have been working at Edible Arrangements part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Of course, free fruit and chocolate. But after about a year, trust me, won't be so appealing. Ultimately, very easy work. Probably not another job in the world where you will get paid to put 3 grapes on a plastic skewer. Great for college kids - management really works around your schedule; they understand that school comes first, which I appreciate immensely. I know people say that there isn't ANY room for advancement (which is partially true), but I have been given raises when earned. I appreciate at my location that when hard work is shown, you are compensated. Whether that be an actual raise or a bonus on the next pay check. Check average is very important for any store, and will be a constant number hanging over your head if you don't sell numerically high orders. So - brush up on your salesmanship ability because you'll need it. Most stores will offer "fun" contests to incentivize employees to earn a higher check average whether that's through bonuses, gift cards, or simply not hearing that your CA sucks. :)

Cons

HOLIDAYS: be prepared to WORK. 15+hr shifts at times. Even more if your location does shipping. Really, really, and I mean REALLY rude customers at times. If you aren't customer service savvy before beginning this job, you will be by the end of it - I promise. Not all customers are unpleasant, but who would have thought that fruit could inspire such hateful behavior in people?

Nevertheless, it's important to remember that EA is franchised. Every store will be VASTLY different in how it's run - from the daily routine to a management level - it really just depends. I would research about the specific location you are looking to work at (how successful the franchisee(s) is, how many stores they own, how long they've been in the business, etc.) - Might give you general idea about who you'll be working for.

Advice to Management

Obviously some people on here have very turbulent relationships with their management, while others not. I suppose that's to be expected as each store is individually owned and operated, though certainly some work could be done from a senior-level to maybe find some cohesiveness throughout all the stores. Personally, I've had a great experience with management but wish I could say the same for some of these other fruit flies!

7. Driver

I have been working at Edible Arrangements

Pros

Great. get to know the city, no time requirement

Cons

none, I can think of.

8. Crumby, Corporate, Stuffy, Sweatshop Job

Former Employee - Fruit Consultant/Customer Service
    Former Employee - Fruit Consultant/Customer Service

I worked at Edible Arrangements part-time (More than a year)

Pros

On slower days you can zone out and just breath a little bit. The occasional free fruit cup. Some managers are nice, but they come and go like the wind...seriously, this company changes managers so often you forget their names. That's about it.

Cons

Many! 1.) Terrible work-life balance, they DO NOT care at all about you or your personal life...if you go to school or have a college schedule, they won't even hire you. I've seen that firsthand, a good employee I worked with went back to school to get his master's degree, he had to change only two days of the week on his schedule, and they FIRED him for it because they wanted him available 7 days per week. True story. 2.) Corporate, Miserable, Robot owners and managers - these people are textbook control freaks and narcissists, they run their stores like the army and make part time employees memorize and live by new corporate rules and guidelines every week. You are expected to be PERFECT ALL THE TIME, even when it's impossible. They want you to do everything as written in a handbook and if you show any human qualities, like being exhausted, needing a break, having life to tend to, they Do not care.

The biggest con? THE HOLIDAYS. I KID YOU NOT...THEY ARE A NIGHTMARE HERE. STAY AWAY from edible arrangements if you like spending the holidays with your friends and family, because you will not see them. Mother's Day alone has 500 orders on average, and you will be working non-stop for 15 hours in one day to get them all done. Valentine's Day is a nightmare and literally feels like Slave Labor. You will work from 7am until midnight with only one 30 minute break, your fingers will be so sore and stiff that you can't take it. They are so terribly understaffed on holidays that is shameful. The week of valentine's day has so many orders to make and send out that there are not enough people to make them, you will make hundreds of baskets and they won't stop coming from dawn till dusk...literally. The management will also make sure to only schedule you enough to NOT get OVERTIME. They will make you work like a dog all week, but they will purposely keep it under 40 hours in one week, you could work two 15 hour days, then the next day a 9 hour shift, then they don't have you work until the new week starts. They're very creative about saving their precious money.

The holidays are a nightmare...from thanksgiving all the way to new years, you will be working here, every minute. I worked 15 days in a row last christmas season because they are so understaffed and they don't even care. They are closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day, those are the only times you will be able to breathe...otherwise it's a sweatshop and you won't have a moment's peace. If you like holiday parties, spending time with your family, eating a nice holiday dinner and enjoying that rare time...you won't get it working at edible, they'll work you to the bone and when the holidays are over, they cut your hours down to nothing. They use you and abuse you and they don't care about anyone working there.

I've seen good employees FIRED over NOTHING, literally. The Operators of these stores hire control freak-puppets to abuse and dominate the ground floor workers, they don't care about anything but the profits they make. They'll fire drivers and production workers over nothing at any time they please, and when they do fire good people, they make everyone else pick up that slack and work 7 days a week.

This is a terrible place to work, it kills your holidays, it takes away from your family time, you have no balance, it's abusive, and it's downright mind-numbing. Fruit baskets and chocolate should not be this miserable.

Ohh....and the majority of customers are uppity, mean old ladies who don't know how to use the internet and place an order, so they call you and walk in the store and take up an hour of your time by asking 100 questions and being crotchety the whole time. Nothing but old people and whining old ladies wondering when their daughter is getting her fruit basket. All day-every day.

If all of this sounds fun to you...have at it.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves, stop being so egotistical and realize that people have lives outside of FRUIT!

9. Ripe Strawberries

I have been working at Edible Arrangements

Pros

Free fruit, lots of hours, franchised

Cons

Too many hours, understaffed, rushed work

Advice to Management

Pay a little extra for better quality

10. Fruit Expert/Store Manager

I have been working at Edible Arrangements part-time

Pros

Generally nice people to work with, the work is easy, learned things about chocolate and dipping fruit that I did not know

Cons

Long hours during holiday pushes, no overtime pay(at least at the location I worked at). I believe that might be illegal, but they always paid straight time for overtime hours. Long time on your feet during the holidays, and hiring people who don't speak English well enough to talk to.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees a bit more. A pizza for lunch when people are working 50+ hours per week on their feet is hardly considered compensation.

Lousey

I worked at Edible Arrangements part-time

Pros

I was a delivery driver,. I enjoyed being out on the road.

Cons

When It is not busy.. They try to humiliate you Into quitting.

RSS Feed </> Embed