Edible Arrangements

Updated December 7, 2014
3.1

Edible Arrangements Founder and CEO Tariq Farid
Tariq Farid

Pros
  • Even though it can be STRESSFUL, it's still a fun and cool work environment (in 8 reviews)

• Plus, there's always fresh fruit in the kitchen, and chocolate dipped fruit floating around most of the time, too (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours during peek times, very little opportunity for advancement (in 8 reviews)

• No benefits if you're part-time (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun Experience

I worked at Edible Arrangements

Pros

>Making the arrangements and getting to eat the left overs
    >Working with likable people

Cons

> Felt unappreciated at time
    > Worked very long hours during holiday's and didn't get payed time and a half

My experience was leading company drivers to delivery all arrangements in a safe compliant and customer service oriented

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Edible Arrangements

Pros

Flexibility and a somewhat fun place to work. Very easy job

Cons

Low pay, management constantly complains about how they are not making any money. the franchise takes a lot from their franchised stores

Don't tell your employees they are not making any money because we get paid to much at 10 an hour

Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Delran, NJ
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Delran, NJ

I have been working at Edible Arrangements full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Product
    Company outlook is positive

Cons

Work/Life balance can get blurred
    Limited advancement

Call Center Representative

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Edible Arrangements part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You are taking orders and interacting with different people. Making their order special for there loved one.

Cons

Very busy with calls, customers can be very rude and irate

Management worked well with you and understood everything that was going on. Easy going and approachable.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Fruit Consultant/Customer Service in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Fruit Consultant/Customer Service in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Edible Arrangements part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy job. No late nights, great discount. Nice owners.

Cons

Too much work for one person when understaffed. Miscommunication between employees and managers. Not a stable or set schedule, I am on call at the moment.

Please advise managers of stores to communicate to their employees.

Not a bad company to work for.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Edible Arrangements full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Making people's day, every single day is a huge plus. Even if you had a bad day, you're happy thinking about all the people you made smile today.
    Since it's a franchise, you have the support of a big company, but day-to-day in the store is just your typical, locally owned small business. Not too much interaction with corporate, which I like. They check in everyone once in a while to make sure we're upholding standards, but that's about it.

Cons

Holidays are crazy.
    No benefits.
    Making arrangements every day can get pretty monotonous.

You charge franchisees too much for the materials to run the business. You're making way too much profit off of hard working business owners. I considered opening my own store but I have changed my mind. I'm a penny pincher and I don't think I could handle wasting hard earned money on "mandatory products" sold by a company owned by the same people.

Overall fun experience

I worked at Edible Arrangements

Pros

The best reason to work at Edible Arrangements is simply for how entertaining it is to make and arrange the fruits, as well as the personal growth.

Cons

The challenges of working at Edible Arrangements is quickly learning how to make all the different fruit varieties, but it's easy with practice.

More communication needed.

Great gig in between jobs

Former Employee - Production
    Former Employee - Production

I worked at Edible Arrangements part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Worked here while looking for a full-time job. It was great for someone who likes to work with food, likes to make things, and is a visual learner. Also, seeing the details of running a small business.

Cons

Being on your feet for 8 hours, making the same thing over and over sometimes got monotonous. Also, it's not nearly as much fun to make arrangements when you're stressing because of time deadlines and the phone is ringing off the hook with new orders. No benefits if you're part-time.

It's also a small business, so you pretty much have only the owner to go to for any issues- there is no HR like you would have in a larger company. It's like their way or the highway, and if there are disagreements or personality clashes, you could be gone pretty fast, and there's nothing you can do about it- I saw that happen to a few people while I was there.

Make entry-level pay at least $10 an hour. There is a huge amount of work and a learning curve, so it would be great to retain employees. They would be more likely to stick around longer if the pay was more competitive.

Fun job as long as you don't want to have a life around Christmas or Valentines

Former Employee - Fruit Expert in Flower Mound, TX
    Former Employee - Fruit Expert in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at Edible Arrangements part-time (more than an year)

Pros

workers and owners are happy and positive. All workers are part-time and manager does a good job of balancing everyone's schedule. Job is fun and laid back (except during holidays) and most people are excited and happy to receive the fruit arrangements. Owners are very appreciative of staff and are wonderful people to work for.

Cons

Not enough back-up during holiday seasons. Core employees often work fifteen hour days during Christmas and Valentines. During slow times, core employees often work alone which can be frustrating when multiple orders/customers come in at once. Owners seem kind of out of the loop on the day-to-day work. Owners have many opinions on how the day-to-day tasks should be performed (fruit prep and arrangement making), but they hardly work at making arrangements themselves....so seems that employees opinions should be taken more serious since they actually make the arrangements daily.

Better organization, need of more reliable employees to help during times when one suddenly becomes slammed . Better planning during holidays could yield great improvements.

Great Company, Franchisee Consistency Lacking

Current Employee - Fruit Expert in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Fruit Expert in Houston, TX

I have been working at Edible Arrangements full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Fixed schedules
    -Opportunity for crosstraining/advancement
    -Employee discounts
    -Overall fun enviorment

Cons

-Franchisees' values and integrity are not consistent.

Be upfront with your employees--they will respect you when they too feel respected.

Edible Arrangements Photos