Edifecs

Updated December 11, 2014
2.6

Edifecs President & CEO Sunny Singh
Sunny Singh

Pros
  • Free snacks (mostly cereal, some bananas, yogurt, and chex mix) (in 11 reviews)

• Edifecs offers competitive salaries, great benefits, free healthy snacks and fitness classes (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work life balance due to frequent fire fighting's (in 9 reviews)

• We have the typical growing pains but are working every day to improve (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

49 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company with some good people

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good opportunity to work on and gain experience with cutting edge technologies. Cares about employee very much. Management very supportive.

Cons

Sometime, project schedule is a bit too tight.

Top to bottom culture, your expertise are non-related, you only do what the managements ask you to do

Former Employee - Designer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Designer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Edifecs

Pros

Free snacks, some nice people, nice office, overall good onsite perks

Cons

None, as a recent grad I came to Edifecs with a highly motivated mindset that I believed I can make an impact. I was wrong, over the past year I slowly decayed to a point that I no longer know what the hell am I doing in the office.

They low-balled my salary so hard that I finally decided to look for a new job, and was immediately able to get offered 30% more than what I made in Edifecs.....

Nothing I can really tell you, as you might end up leaving in 3 months..

Worst place I've ever worked!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice modern building, free healthy snacks/drinks, free parking, free gym & fitness classes. excellent salary & benefits

Cons

Everyday when I walk into the building, I want to shout "This is the worst place I've ever worked!!!" It is a fear based culture, and you end up feeling nervous and anxious about everything you do. A lot of unhappy workers here! Leadership doesn't listen to any advice and the CEO will berate you and tell you that he's better at your job than you are... and then prove it to you (in front of a room of executives). If you're a white female, forget trying to make any impact here and forget about getting any respect. There are a lot of really smart people here, but it's not doing them any good to stay here, which is sad. Communication is terrible, even amongst your own department. Projects are given to you, but then taken back and then forgot about, even if you've spent a couple months working on them. Stay away if you're looking to advance in your career, as this will be a major speed bump on your resume.

Listen to your associates. See the pain and unhappiness in their faces and do something about it. A shiny new building, free snacks and electric bikes won't fix anything.

Very dysfunctional organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Edifecs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice new offices, most people working there are very cool, benefits are pretty good. Company parties are nice.

Cons

Have you ever had a job where you felt physically sick every day walking in? That's what it's like at Edifecs. When the CEO is in town, everyone walks around on eggshells, because he may call you into his office and yell, scream and call you names. He claims he can do whatever he wants because he's the CEO, and he believes he can do everyone's job better than they can. There is a racial bias against Caucasians, and women. I believe the work they are doing is good, important work, but the company culture is a joke. There are so many talented people who don't even last a year- either because they can't take it and quit, or are fired without cause, after achieving or surpassing all goals. I know several people who were fired, but they were relieved and happy when let go. It feels like a crazy, crazy place, with so many unhappy, nervous, people. No amount of fresh orange juice or yoga classes could make it worth the stress of working there. Before you accept a position at Edifecs, READ ALL OF THE GLASSDOOR REVIEWS!!! For every negative review, there is a former employee who didn't bother to write a review because they were just so happy to be out of the company.

Management doesn't listen to advice, so there is really no point.

A bunch of self-serving individuals. Worst place I have ever worked at in my career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

CEO makes a genuine attempt to take care of his employees with good perks like healthy snacks, company picnics for the family etc.

Cons

What I thought would be great opportunity to help a company thru its growing pains (and grow with it), turned out to be a nightmare. Too much of office politics and infighting, making it almost a poisonous environment to work in. Anyone who tries to improve how things are done, faces resistance from old timers. Incompetent and proud old times, bullies new employees if they find figure out that the new employee is more capable. They see it as threat that could undermine their authority. The only way to save yourself is to join their gang.

A company that is divided on ethnic and departmental lines. Lot of incompetent employees are able to survive by buttering someone higher up or because they know the CEO! Have seen a number of bright people join and then leave within a year or so, once they realize that this company is not going anywhere.

The main reason I left was, I was afraid I will turn into cold hearted , self-serving individual (like most people around me) if I stay with this company.

Edifecs HR constantly monitors the reviews on glassdoor and when they see too many negative reviews, tries to balance them by writing positive reviews themselves. If you carefully read thru the reviews you can figure out the ones written by Edifecs HR.

I have provided enough suggestions to the management while I was there. I do not think they care.

Best to look elsewhere and to find a better place to work

Former Employee - Technician in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Technician in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Edifecs (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most employees were very helpful and most seemed dedicated to getting the job done. Very supportive.

Cons

If your not INDIAN from INDIA or a fairly attractive Caucasian woman with very few exceptions - forget it. This place reeks of racial prejudice. Managers who want to be directors are very duplicitous and will say nice things to your face then LIE to the CEO demanding you be removed from their team. Same thing for directors who want to be VP. Way to many VPs already so they do not need more of them.

Management needs to be rebuilt and many more job functions outsourced on a contract basis to experts in the industry. Time to lean the company and purge the FAT. The trust of the CEO was broken in late October 2014 and people absolutely do not trust him.

Unbelievable- very fear-based caustic culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Edifecs (more than an year)

Pros

A paycheck, good location, I believe in the industry, and because most of those around you are also distraught and fearful the teamwork at peer-level can be good.

Cons

Paranoid narcissist at the top who hires his relatives (uses your headcount for real jobs to hire his family in India), who twists facts, leads by intimidation, plays dirty games, and hires 2+ people for the same job to set them up to turn on each other to keep their jobs. Actually hires spies with titles like "office of the CEO" who "earn their keep" by bringing gossip and dirt to CEO, they go desk to desk trying to bait leaders to turn on each other to stir up some bit of gossip that they can run back to CEO with. Certainly don't care about customers.

Get a good counselor.

Biggest mistake of my life

Current Employee - Product Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

free lunch, yoga in house, possibly a lot of free time to surf the internet and call whoever you want..or maybe just play cards..

Cons

One of the worst and most unethical companies of all times. Promotions have no meaning nor does designations. the leadership is made up of all illogical and very laid back people. the working environment is very stressful not because there is a lot of work but because everyone is fearful of getting fired as soon as the company doesn't need you. this is a very selfish company and the culture trickles down from the top. every week we see some good guy quitting who possibly was lured with false expectations.

sell the company to someone who can do justice to the firm and people

Incredibly smart people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Edifecs full-time

Pros

Edifecs is a healthcare IT company with some of the best and brightest minds in healthcare, engineering and IT services on board. Many people have doctorates. It also has a brand-new U.S. headquarters, with employee-friendly amenities such as a fitness center, ergonomic desks, kitchens with healthy snacks, and free parking. Pay and benefits are very competitive.

Cons

Revenue and profit goals are demanding, and the pressure to differentiate itself from the competition takes its toll. Teams don't always collaborate and support each other very well, because people are just too busy. The feeling of "we're all in this together" is limited. Also, widespread changes in non-engineering leadership in the past year have hurt stability.

Work this year on keeping the leaders and employees you have, and make them feel appreciated. There's been a lot of house-cleaning this year. Some stability within the ranks will help you now compete better and grow.

Just another company

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Vacation plan, Benefits, snacks, compensation

Cons

Very strong hierarchy, follows standard pyramid approach, Not very receptive to employee's idea. layoffs, management is a joke.

recruit people like software engineers, Business Analyst, Testers who does the actual work and not VPs, AVPs, Cs, Directors.