Edifecs

Updated December 12, 2014
2.6

Edifecs President & CEO Sunny Singh
Sunny Singh

Pros
  • Free snacks (mostly cereal, some bananas, yogurt, and chex mix) (in 11 reviews)

• Edifecs offers competitive salaries, great benefits, free healthy snacks and fitness classes (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work life balance due to frequent fire fighting's (in 9 reviews)

• We have the typical growing pains but are working every day to improve (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

You are expected to be a Super Human 24 by 7

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Just a pay check and nothing more. You will start getting more religious/OSHO preacher and will come to new stage of Nirvana here.

Cons

Things were literally thrown at you. You need to understand as this is reality and no one, out of Sr Dir/Dir/Sr TPM and TPM (except one) knows the product well and needs to be trained if they are expected to give deliverable. Unrealistic expectations and making you work like 15 hrs a day does not solve a problem. Edifecs expects each and every guy whether he is IC or Sr Dir to be technically competent on products and design but needs to ensure the same.

Instead of raising a gap, we must check as does the other guy knows it and is the same is story for all. Work on training them well instead of throwing the things and making you safe and others as scape goat.

Top to bottom culture, your expertise are non-related, you only do what the managements ask you to do

Former Employee - Designer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Designer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Edifecs

Pros

Free snacks, some nice people, nice office, overall good onsite perks

Cons

None, as a recent grad I came to Edifecs with a highly motivated mindset that I believed I can make an impact. I was wrong, over the past year I slowly decayed to a point that I no longer know what the hell am I doing in the office.

They low-balled my salary so hard that I finally decided to look for a new job, and was immediately able to get offered 30% more than what I made in Edifecs.....

Nothing I can really tell you, as you might end up leaving in 3 months..

Sadly for employees nothing has changed

I have been working at Edifecs

Pros

Somehow manage to convince customers it has usable products

Cons

I worked for Edifecs 15 years ago and nothing has changed. This 'startup' is good at convincing customers it has good products but evidently none of them do due diligence to see the mess behind the products.

Give up and find another job

Don't believe anything

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salaries are excellent, benefits are great, office space and facilities are new. The company is well known and regarded with the biggest insurance companies.

Cons

There is no leadership. The CEO is absent most of the time and jumps from project to project, with no follow through. Leadership is by committee, with in-fighting for business. There are few long time employees as good people learn what is really going on.

Find one strong, onsite leader and create a plan. Stop focusing on company awards and start focusing on the business.

Very dysfunctional organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Edifecs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice new offices, most people working there are very cool, benefits are pretty good. Company parties are nice.

Cons

Have you ever had a job where you felt physically sick every day walking in? That's what it's like at Edifecs. When the CEO is in town, everyone walks around on eggshells, because he may call you into his office and yell, scream and call you names. He claims he can do whatever he wants because he's the CEO, and he believes he can do everyone's job better than they can. There is a racial bias against Caucasians, and women. I believe the work they are doing is good, important work, but the company culture is a joke. There are so many talented people who don't even last a year- either because they can't take it and quit, or are fired without cause, after achieving or surpassing all goals. I know several people who were fired, but they were relieved and happy when let go. It feels like a crazy, crazy place, with so many unhappy, nervous, people. No amount of fresh orange juice or yoga classes could make it worth the stress of working there. Before you accept a position at Edifecs, READ ALL OF THE GLASSDOOR REVIEWS!!! For every negative review, there is a former employee who didn't bother to write a review because they were just so happy to be out of the company.

Management doesn't listen to advice, so there is really no point.

Best to look elsewhere and to find a better place to work

Former Employee - Technician in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Technician in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Edifecs (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most employees were very helpful and most seemed dedicated to getting the job done. Very supportive.

Cons

If your not INDIAN from INDIA or a fairly attractive Caucasian woman with very few exceptions - forget it. This place reeks of racial prejudice. Managers who want to be directors are very duplicitous and will say nice things to your face then LIE to the CEO demanding you be removed from their team. Same thing for directors who want to be VP. Way to many VPs already so they do not need more of them.

Management needs to be rebuilt and many more job functions outsourced on a contract basis to experts in the industry. Time to lean the company and purge the FAT. The trust of the CEO was broken in late October 2014 and people absolutely do not trust him.

A bunch of self-serving individuals. Worst place I have ever worked at in my career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

CEO makes a genuine attempt to take care of his employees with good perks like healthy snacks, company picnics for the family etc.

Cons

What I thought would be great opportunity to help a company thru its growing pains (and grow with it), turned out to be a nightmare. Too much of office politics and infighting, making it almost a poisonous environment to work in. Anyone who tries to improve how things are done, faces resistance from old timers. Incompetent and proud old times, bullies new employees if they find figure out that the new employee is more capable. They see it as threat that could undermine their authority. The only way to save yourself is to join their gang.

A company that is divided on ethnic and departmental lines. Lot of incompetent employees are able to survive by buttering someone higher up or because they know the CEO! Have seen a number of bright people join and then leave within a year or so, once they realize that this company is not going anywhere.

The main reason I left was, I was afraid I will turn into cold hearted , self-serving individual (like most people around me) if I stay with this company.

Edifecs HR constantly monitors the reviews on glassdoor and when they see too many negative reviews, tries to balance them by writing positive reviews themselves. If you carefully read thru the reviews you can figure out the ones written by Edifecs HR.

I have provided enough suggestions to the management while I was there. I do not think they care.

Dare to Join

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing.Just a regret after joining

Cons

180 degree face turn on promises made during hiring - story with everyone and each BA
    No standard way of communication and project execution, just mapping and nothing else

Stop hiring too many directors and HR guys and focus on junior force who actually does all the job.
    Get some quality work and respect and fuflfill promises, you make during Hiring.

Biggest mistake of my life

Current Employee - Product Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

free lunch, yoga in house, possibly a lot of free time to surf the internet and call whoever you want..or maybe just play cards..

Cons

One of the worst and most unethical companies of all times. Promotions have no meaning nor does designations. the leadership is made up of all illogical and very laid back people. the working environment is very stressful not because there is a lot of work but because everyone is fearful of getting fired as soon as the company doesn't need you. this is a very selfish company and the culture trickles down from the top. every week we see some good guy quitting who possibly was lured with false expectations.

sell the company to someone who can do justice to the firm and people

Unbelievable- very fear-based caustic culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Edifecs (more than an year)

Pros

A paycheck, good location, I believe in the industry, and because most of those around you are also distraught and fearful the teamwork at peer-level can be good.

Cons

Paranoid narcissist at the top who hires his relatives (uses your headcount for real jobs to hire his family in India), who twists facts, leads by intimidation, plays dirty games, and hires 2+ people for the same job to set them up to turn on each other to keep their jobs. Actually hires spies with titles like "office of the CEO" who "earn their keep" by bringing gossip and dirt to CEO, they go desk to desk trying to bait leaders to turn on each other to stir up some bit of gossip that they can run back to CEO with. Certainly don't care about customers.

Get a good counselor.