Edinboro University

Edinboro University Reviews

Updated May 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

I am very satisfied with Edinboro University.

Resident Assistant (Current Employee) Edinboro, PA

ProsThe community is great. Everyone is helpful and willing to go the extra step for you. Edinboro University changed my life.

ConsThe job can be overwhelming at times. The department can be unorganized however they are improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees a little more (Residence Life). Some of us do know what we are talking about when we tell you what the students want.

Misogynistic 'Old Boy's Network'

Assistant Professor (Former Employee)

ProsIt you want a small town that is safe, it is great. But the town is the only good thing about working here.

ConsLeadership (especially in the Humanities) is misogynistic at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't pay lip service to wanting more women doing high level research, then get rid of someone who puts out more quality research than anyone else in their department. You can't say "we value high quality research' when you get rid of award winning researchers, who have fine teaching records and have worked their butt off for their department and school.

I was a student employee at Edinboro University for 3.5 years.

Student Employee (Current Employee) Edinboro, PA

ProsGood working environment providing work experience in the field student's are concentrating their studies.

ConsMinimal demand for employees when school is not in session.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep providing students with the opportunities to flourish while enrolled at the University.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Student Worker at Edinboro University

Resident Assistant (Current Employee) Edinboro, PA

ProsWorking as a resident assistant is a good leadership job. Position comes with room and a paycheck.

ConsIt may be difficult to an extent to have friendships with other students because they see you as a "write-up-machine" instead as a peer. Staying up late during duty nights, waking up in the middle of the night to cater to student problems. Not a con per say, just the job duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is the key, if not good job overall.

Adjunct

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) Edinboro, PA

ProsLight work schedule, state benefits, state pay, big campus, co-workers initially friendly, friendly students, and a plethora of resources to use.

ConsWon't get hired without PhD, unionized labor, job insecurity, ideologically an echo chamber among the faculty and students, among others

Student worker

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edinboro, PA

ProsGraduate assistantships are great for grad students

ConsThe stipend should be more.

Worked for Edinboro University? Contribute to the Community!