Pros – The HR department actually seemed to be fairly efficient, and the people I worked with were friendly and occasionally a bit crazy. I was quite impressed with the focus on teaching. Decent salary packaging opportunities and benefits.
The campus (Joondalup) is attractive, has good bus connections with the train station and is in walking distance anyway. There's decent facilities on campus, including a good gym and various food outlets.
Cons – Probably slightly less chance of getting large research grants than at some of the more research-focused universities, but that is only an assumption. Can't really think of any other cons though.
Advice to Senior Management – Keep that focus on teaching. It'll keep the good teaching staff around.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
Pros – - Great superannuation (17.5%)
- Ability to travel
- Flexible hours for Academic staff
- Access to onsite gym facilities (for a reduced fee)
Cons – - No overtime and typical week exceeds 40 hrs
- No penalty pay or TOIL for working weekends
- Constant changes in policy without consultation
- Very poor progression policy (if you apply and fail you cant be promoted for 2 years)
- No performance incentives for staff under professorial level
– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company
Pros – nice campus, friendly staff easy access to lake
Cons – not well connected by public conveyance
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company