Edmentum Reviews

Updated March 6, 2015
69 reviews filtered by
Edmentum President & CEO Vin Riera
Vin Riera

Pros
  • Co-workers are highly competent, energetic, and passionate about education and our customers (in 4 reviews)

• Good benefits and excellent pay (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't seem to have a plan or know what they are doing from one day to the next (in 8 reviews)

• Senior management did not seem to be very engaged with the sales process or developing sales team (in 6 reviews)

Mediocrity

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Edmentum

Pros

small group of dedicated, intelligent individuals with background in education

Cons

within 5 weeks of my start date, three people within my group of five had resigned. Turnover is a constant.

Great company and products.

Former Employee - Education Consultant
    Former Employee - Education Consultant

I worked at Edmentum

Pros

The products were GREAT. Benefits were awesome.

Cons

Compensation was very lopsided and often the workload was unmanageable.

Absolutely love working for this company!

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Edmentum

Pros

Edmentum is a great company to work for if you are a driven, self-starter. You will be valued and compensated if you hit your numbers and do your job. I have worked here for 3 years and I have been surrounded by the BEST colleagues and the BEST leadership. I feel completely supported and I have a great rapport with employees at all levels. The company culture is good. We have fun, but we also work very, very hard.
    This is sales... so if you are looking for a free ride, this is not your company. Work hard, hit your numbers, and reap the rewards.
    The starting salaries may seem low, but this is a company that is very focused on moving internal employees upward. In 3 years, my base salary has increased by 44%. In 2014, I exceed 6 figures with combined salary and commission. I am a prime example of how working hard can pay off.
    Edmentum can give you the tools, support, and compensation structure to make financial goals a reality!

Cons

I do not have any cons to list.

Advice to Management

Well done!

Edmentum Sucks

I worked at Edmentum

Pros

The people I worked with were great!

Cons

Management is clueless. They let go great employees that had experience but were making more money to hire 24 year olds in Dallas that couldn't do the job. Management rules by fear, doesn't want to hear dissenting opinions and doesn't seem to have a direction in mind. PLATO days were great but once we added Arch to the mix, ugh. HR was unprofessional on several occasions

Advice to Management

Take some management classes and stop treating everyone there as if they should be glad they have a job, so take what we give you.

Dead mentum

I worked at Edmentum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits healthy amount of vacation time

Cons

Where to start. ....heavy handed managers. Micro managing, endless reports. Not reinvesting in product which is dated and old.

Incompetent

Current Employee - Texas in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Texas in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Edmentum full-time

Pros

Generally the people are good. They care about what they do and who they do it for.The product is good and for the most part does what it's suppose to. It is something you can believe in.

Cons

They really don't care about their customers or employees. Sales and marketing get no support, this may be true throughout the company but i can speak from experience about sales and marketing. Training, coaching and development for some departments are completely nonexistent.
    It is a "yes-man", reactive company. with many in leadership roles that have no idea what they are doing!
    Review your criteria for promoting and hiring, there is a tendency to promote and hire people who are not fit for their positions. would give examples but Glassdoor considers that too much detail.
    Since the acquisition of Plato and archipelago morale has sharply declined as key motivating leaders (that knew what they were doing) jumped ship.
    Will definitely force you to question your ethical boundaries... Especially if you are in sales.

Advice to Management

You need to reestablish company culture, provide employees with a sense of community and pride. Communicate goals, strategies and provide focused support.
    Reevaluate the impact your leaders are having on their teams, your people and to the organization. You have many leaders there that just skate by like a magician. generating buzz and activity, but that's all to distract you from the fact he is producing no results.
    Have to think about the relationship and reputation you want to have with your customers and in the industry.
    Listen and value your employees, especially the customer facing ones as they more often then not have insight you may not otherwise get.
    Develop clear strategic lines and alliances you can't function when your two heads ex k-12 and Adult Ed are working against one another.
    Change the name, makes no sense for an education company to have a made up (unimaginative) name.

Sales with Edmentum

Current Employee - Sales in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Edmentum full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has an extensive product line, first rate technical support for customers, very thorough training for new hires. The culture was supportive of new hires and generally a good place to work.

Cons

High turnover, some outdated products, high pressure environment. Company was very sales focused and number-driven. Senior management did not seem to be very engaged with the sales process or developing sales team.

Advice to Management

Get more involved with helping reps in the field.

9. I've been working at Edmentum for over 2 years

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Edmentum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products, smart and dedicated staff, willing to go the extra mile to work with customers and insure customer satisfaction

Cons

Intense pressure to make sales numbers, most intense atmosphere I've ever worked under

Advice to Management

mandatory time off during holiday season shouldn't count towards earned PTO time

Edmentum

I have been working at Edmentum full-time

Pros

people, helping, students, commute, location

Cons

work balance, leadership, opportunities, pay, expectations

poor management in Support tight nit group.

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Edmentum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very happy people however....good competitive pay...

Cons

They only hire majority of the employees family so therefor its very tight nit. very 2 faced employees if you dont fit in they will work with management to get you fired.

Advice to Management

need better management in support managers do not know what they are doing at all. They dont train the new employees well enought.

Edmentum Photos