www.edmentum.com

Updated November 4, 2014
Updated November 4, 2014

Edmentum President & CEO Vin Riera
Vin Riera

Pros
  • Co-workers are highly competent, energetic, and passionate about education and our customers (in 4 reviews)

• Good benefits and excellent pay (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't seem to have a plan or know what they are doing from one day to the next (in 8 reviews)

• The only other piece of advice I would offer, the positive reviews here ARE left by members of senior management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

great culture

I have been working at Edmentum full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible: good pay: team atmosphere _ even in field

Cons

with any growing company< sometimes things don"t run as perfectly as planned _ but management is always willing to listen to new ideas

Sales with Edmentum

Current Employee - Sales in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Edmentum full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company has an extensive product line, first rate technical support for customers, very thorough training for new hires. The culture was supportive of new hires and generally a good place to work.

Cons

High turnover, some outdated products, high pressure environment. Company was very sales focused and number-driven. Senior management did not seem to be very engaged with the sales process or developing sales team.

Get more involved with helping reps in the field.

I've been working at Edmentum for over 2 years

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Edmentum full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great products, smart and dedicated staff, willing to go the extra mile to work with customers and insure customer satisfaction

Cons

Intense pressure to make sales numbers, most intense atmosphere I've ever worked under

mandatory time off during holiday season shouldn't count towards earned PTO time

I have been working at Edmentum full-time

Pros

people, helping, students, commute, location

Cons

work balance, leadership, opportunities, pay, expectations

good benefits, poor departmental management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at Edmentum full-time

Pros

good benefits, co-workers, good purpose, and compensation which are the main reasons I would recommend the company; CEO is funny and inspirational much like the Sham Wow guy which makes for non-boring yearly company meetings; scheduling flexibility in some departments

Cons

There’s a high level of nepotism-you can get promotions or monetary awards if you are buddy-buddy with the managers. Things have gone downhill since the merger since the company is now more concerned about getting products out the door which is fine to a degree except that the deadlines are unrealistic. As a result, employees work a lot of overtime and have to skimp corners just to get the job done. With ARCL, getting quality products out the door was more doable. Working overtime toward the end of a project is understandable but working overtime throughout a project is not and is a sign of poor planning/staffing on the company's part.

To some of the managers, when you find out that an employee is leaving, be sure to tell that employee "good-bye" or "I wish you well." That goes a long way. Not doing this, speaks volumes about how you view your staff and the lack of leadership and manners on your part (and this was the case with several of the managers in my department) and it also reflects poorly on the company as a whole. However, if you want certain employees to feel as if you didn't value their hard work, then keep acting as if they don't exist and as if you don't care about them. For this reason alone, I would recommend that if employees are wanting to leave the company then they should not even do the courtesy of a 2 week notice if they already feel undervalued by management. To the CEO, get to know your employees. Currently, it feels like there's a bridgeless chasm between the staff (minions) and upper management.

Where sales goals go to die

I have been working at Edmentum full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of resources available to field employees; plenty of money for marketing. Technical support is great. This is a pure sales organization.

Cons

Plato product line is the fair- haired child. Other product lines take a back seat. Unrealistic quotas and no go to market strategy for Study Island, Reading Eggs or Education City. No account management for the lesser brands. Convoluted sales teams where multiple people call on same account with minimal coordination. Management will discount anything behind your back. Check Salesforce each morning to see what another rep sold out from under you.

Sales management has never been in a school room in their lives. Find out what is actually going on out in the sales organization. Ask an RVP why schools need what we sell and why your products are positioned the way they are- then listen for the crickets.

mehhh

I have been working at Edmentum

Pros

Laid Back Environment, good work life balance, great pay if you have a decent module

Cons

poor leadership, unrealistic quotas, no focus for sales teams

hire managers that have industry experience, boost morale

Favoritism, discrimination, and more to follow

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Richardson, TX

I worked at Edmentum full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a very laid back job. The call aspect is very stressful but when you have down-time it is rather comfortable and relaxed.

Cons

There was a lot of favoritism going on between a select number of employees and the department head. Many fantastic employees would be passed over for someone who management favored more. It was also a very "hush hush" environment. If you wanted to voice your opinion about the department, you better avoid all managers and anyone in HR or you will be terminated. It is a very with-the-grain company and if you happen to go against it, you will become the outcast.

Learn to manage. Members of management do not do much of anything except keep a hawk eye on the representatives. I would describe their management policy as very "micro-managing" and if you would like to say anything to the contrary, we no longer need you on the team. A key bit of advice that I would like to offer would be to stop with the close ties between departments because this tends to form a buddy system and every manager will put the best interests of another manager at hand before calling a wrong-doing.

Love my company!

I have been working at Edmentum full-time

Pros

I have worked for several employers in my professional past, but I feel like I finally found what I was looking for. Edmentum gave me flexible schedule-are you kidding? Working from home? Not many employers out there are as flexible as Edmentum is. LOVE THE SALARY, LOVE THE BENEFITS! My on-boarding was amazing! HR team took such a good care of me! Love my department, everyone is so willing to help and provide whatever tools I need to succeed. Every time I reach out to someone with a questions- get an immediate answer, I am never ignored! It feels good to come to work, I missed this feeling so much!

Cons

Its a fast -paced environment! You got to be the right person to fit.

Love my management, I am always being reached for the feedback. My manager checks in with me on a regular basis to discuss any concerns I might possibly have or to make sure I dont need help with anything.

Love my workplace!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Edmentum part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun people to work with is always a pro. But more importantly, Edmentum takes such good care of its workers. As a part timer, I receive full benefits, PTO, and paid holiday. It makes it so worth it to work hard here. Not only that, break room is fantastic. Ice cream payday, free coffee machine (includes fancy coffee, tea, etc) - it's like having your mini coffee shop ;)

Cons

So far, it is so good.

No opinion.