Edmonds Community College

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jack Oharah

New administration has cracked the once strong foundation of the campus community.

Bookstore Buyer (Former Employee) Lynnwood, WA

ProsAt this time I see no pros. Used to be the people, the campus community.

ConsThe "one big family" feeling is gone. Working with fewer and fewer resources but expected to continue to grow and improve. Employees are burning out fast. Current administration is not transparent in decision making or implementation of changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a wealth of experience and knowledge in your long time staff as well as ideas from existing and new staff. Listen to them and make sure you are really hearing them. Don't change just for changes sake. The foundation of trust and respect need to be rebuilt for the campus to grow and succeed.

I've worked multiple tutoring positions around campus

Tutor (Former Employee)

ProsIt's easy to find jobs especially if you know someone. Also, if you're good at your job it makes it easier to get hired elsewhere.

They will work around your school schedule so you can fill in those pesky 1-2hr breaks with something productive.

ConsA max number of hours is set to 19. Also, the pay can be low. Luckily i was paid from 10-12.5/hr

Great Higher Education Facility

Office Assistant I (Former Employee) Lynnwood, WA

ProsOpportunities and experience gained to take to other employer.

ConsLimited full-time employment opportunities, too many part-time employees working 15-17 hours or less per week. Some departments have poor supervision of work study students and do not communicate well.

Advice to Senior ManagementCombine part-time positions to full-time and/or suggest the union pool benefit monies so part-time workers (15 hours/week or more) have benefits (even though some of the cost will come out of the part-time employee's wages (similar to the k-12 school districts).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great programs and friendly college environment!

Tutor (Former Employee) Lynnwood, WA

ProsDiverse opportunities available. People are very friendly and supportive. Great place to be at. Learn and improve skills for a better future. Enjoy my time working and studying here. Definitely recommend Edmonds Community College as an employer / school.

ConsParking can be hard. Usually have to come early to get a good spot. Other than that, this is a great college for both learning and working.

an enlightening place to work

Computer Lab (Former Employee)

Prosit is educational to attend

Consit is an unpaid internship

The staff is very helpful!

Instructor (Current Employee)

ProsLove the opportunities available to the staff.

ConsI wish Edmonds Community College was not so far for me to drive.

Great place to work for short duration

Associate Student (Former Employee) Lynnwood, WA

Pros- friendly staffs
    - flexible working schedule
    - given responsibilities to manage project independently
    - great experience

Cons- too political
    - layoff notice during vacation time
    - micro-management
    - discourage creativity

Working for EdCC is great when you are earning your degree there!

Office Assistant (Current Employee) Lynnwood, WA

ProsEdmonds Community Colleges is a great place to work when you are earning your degree there. The work environment is friendly, social, and positive.

ConsThe pay is on the lower side, and the parking is horrible at times. The office technology could use an upgrade.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more onsite software developers, specifically web-services developers. Develop your own web services instead of contracting out to companies who provide crappy products (products the students hardly use.)

Amazing place to work for! (No doubt.)

Student Assistant (Current Employee) Lynnwood, WA

ProsHonestly, this space right here would NOT fit all the things I found great about Edmonds Community College. Having both studied and worked at the college, I can say that Edmonds Community College has the following strong suits and values:
    - Great Work Environment and People
    - Organized Company Structure and Systems
    - Work/Life Balance, Travel Opportunities
    - Clear Vision, Mission and CORE Values
    - Clear teaching directions & committees
    - Great health care benefits and training
    - Career Advancement / Growth Opportunities
    - Great Payscale for almost every level at the college
    - Great 10-year / long-term plans and strategies
    - ...and so many more!!!

ConsEdmonds Community College has expansive ways to grow according to its potentials...
    It has changed from being constructive to being more collaborative as an organization. Therefore, these changes have to be supported at every level and in every department at the college... Many efforts and investments have been done, however, there are still some many inefficient pipelines that can be reduced.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am overall satisfied with my career and study journey spent at Edmonds Community College.
    I encourage my fellow friends looking at this review to join Edmonds Community College. I definitely would recommend it with an open set of arms and heart! :-)

The staff at the Career Action Center at Edmonds CC are the BEST to work with! Truly wonderful people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked here under Work Study program. It was one of the best positions I have ever held in my professional career. It was so rewarding to help students get started in the worker retraining program and to see their progress quarter after quarter.

ConsNot always enough to do. But on the other hand, being a student and working under the work study program, it allowed me time to work on my homework.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the awesome work and support of student employees.

Worked for Edmonds Community College? Contribute to the Community!