Edmonds Community College Reviews

Reset
4.1
Jack Oharah

1. Review

Pros

Great school, good learning environment, experienced attorneys as teachers

Cons

Hard to talk to advising

2. Database Administrator

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Edmonds Community College full-time

Pros

The Application Development Services team is very good. The network department is a work in progress.

Cons

Edmonds is a small college and the compensation is lower than other community colleges and much lower than the general IT industry.

Advice to Management

Compensation should be based on actual employee performance and contribution rather than just longevity.

3. I worked for more than a year,

Pros

good benefits, and they are nice people.

Cons

some of them are very picky, they don't give challenges to worker, if you know how to do it don't do it unless you have experience.

5. I really enjoyed being a tutor. There are many hard working people there.

Former Employee - Tutor in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Tutor in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Edmonds Community College part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If your are currently a student at EdCC, there is little better you could do than tutor. I suggest tutoring the subject that you are interested in continuing your education for. Nothing helps you understand a subject like teaching it.

Cons

The role of the tutor is not always well defined - this is potentially problematic if a tutor is over-eager to help a student, or if the student is looking for an inappropriate level of assistance.

Advice to Management

Clear up the limits of what tutors can and cannot help with. Also, consider adding more group sessions as this can give people interested in education experience.

6. IT Analyst/IT specialist IV

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Lynwood Center, WA
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Lynwood Center, WA

Pros

Very easy, relaxed, good benefits, (almost) free class, decent pay

Cons

No incentives so nobody wants to improve, everyone is complacent--you will become like this.

Advice to Management

Managers are not in control of any of my complaints, so I don't really have any advice to give

7. Great people to work with, I enjoyed working there very much. Management was the best. A great learning experience.

Former Employee - Desktop Support Specialist in Edmonds, WA
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Specialist in Edmonds, WA

I worked at Edmonds Community College part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great flexibility with scheduling, payroll was always on time and correct.. Knowing that I was a part of students success was very rewarding.

Cons

Very hard to get a permanent position due to the union. Lots of red tape. high turn over. you can end up feeling like a little fish in a big pond.

Advice to Management

Help employeeys understand ways to work around the red tape.

8. Positive work place atmosphere and supportive of study

Former Employee - Tutor in Edmonds, WA
    Former Employee - Tutor in Edmonds, WA

I worked at Edmonds Community College part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible and easy to schedule around your quarter classes, no pressure to work more hours than you can handle. Management is nice and easy to approach, no one will snap at you for getting sick last minute or lowering hours due to stress. Really great place.

Cons

Not so much Edmond's itself but coworkers aren't always the hardest working. I had to pick up the slack for other tutors a lot because they'd ignore the request board hoping someone else will take it up. Can't really report it and it makes the workload uneven at times. Not really a big con though, since I enjoyed talking with people and helping them out.

Advice to Management

Maybe be a bit more stern on lazy worker, because there are a few who will take advantage of the kindness of upper management.

9. Great Benefits and Dedicated People

Current Employee - Instructor in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Edmonds Community College part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing management, people, and everyone is passionate about their job.

Cons

Being a part time employee it's hard to know when/what classes you are teaching until the very last minute.

Advice to Management

Listen more to the younger generation and their ideas of making a department better.

10. A good start to my education and professional career

Current Employee - Writing Assistant in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Writing Assistant in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Edmonds Community College part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very laid-back, easygoing work environment. My supervisor was very adapt at both running her department but not over-working or stepping on the staff.

Cons

Pay was low at the time, but it was part-time student work. I felt like there was no room for growth without first finishing my studies.

Advice to Management

No real advice here, everything seemed to run like a well-oiled, if large, machine.

11. Great Work-Life Balance

Current Employee - Customer Service III in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service III in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Edmonds Community College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The job is easy, positive environment, great work balance. Lots of vacation time and I am free to use it whenever I want. That is Great!!

Cons

Procedures and computer software are antiquated. Circa 1988. They still have documents that need to be “typed”

RSS Feed </> Embed