Edmunds.com

Edmunds.com Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Edmunds.com CEO Avi Steinlauf

Avi Steinlauf

Pros:
  • "It allows you to have more of a work life balance"
    in 9 reviews
  • "The benefits are good and the time off policy is way generous"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Everyone knows it, too, its a place where people are afraid to speak out and to actually attempt to do their job the right way"
    in 2 reviews
  • "Everyone outside of the executive team is viewed as replaceable and one mistake away from being unemployed"
    in 2 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great team to work with, not so great leaders to work for!

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for more than 5 years

ProsRelaxed work environment, great benefits, ROWE, innovative company, free fruit and bagels, coffee bar, monthly happy hours, and the employees are awesome people to work with.

ConsIt's all about the politics. Allow me to repeat myself - it's all about the politics. If you're not in with that "special group" of people, you can forget about promotion, advancement, etc. and very few people are in that group. Edmunds talks a good game about being the best place to work in LA, but the actions of the Executive Team rarely back it up. Everyone outside of the executive team is viewed as replaceable and one mistake away from being unemployed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to back up your words with actions and take better care of your lower level employees. Oh and stop the politics!!! If an employee works hard, does their job well, and treats co-workers with respect, that's what should matter.

Generally a good place, but has had attrition problems for a reason.

Non-technical Job (Former Employee)

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood benefits. Beautiful location. Great office space.

ConsPolitics, politics, politics. A lot is made of being one of "the best small businessplaces to work," but no amount of free food, game room or PTO makes up for lousy managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementReviews should be 360, not just top down.

great place to work, but gets monotonous

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgreat work flexibility, nice people, the best benefits

Consthe work itself gets boring after a while; the company often has a million initiatives it wants to get done, lacking focus and true leadership

one of best company i have worked for

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time

ProsROWE
co workers
technology
Agile /kanban process
work ethics

ConsROWE some times can be too taxing as the border between work life and home life mergers, But it isn't a CON if you need that flexibility

Was not a great work experience

Client Services Representative (Former Employee)

ProsFree Fruit in the mornings

ConsManagement was not great and annual reviews and goals were not clearly defined.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more experienced managers

Bad management

Network Engineer (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

ProsNice offices and mostly friendly people.

ConsVery poor management both at the executive and director levels. Far too top heavy and many directors received their titles despite little to no substantive knowledge or experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put four managers in charge of each employee.

Great company, not so great pay...

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe culture and overall environment at Edmunds is great! Monthly happy hours, work/life balance, unlimited vacation time, engaging events, hands on opportunities, and wonderful people!

ConsThere are a few VERY difficult personalities that come from the executive team- everyone talks about it yet nothing can be done/said because Edmunds is a privately owned company, yet this is where the problem stems from. Makes for an awkward vibe a good portion of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize your talent and compensate accordingly. Notice that most Edmunds employees leave the company due to a better paying opportunity with perks just as good as yours.

Hands down the best place to work

Data Research Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

ProsEdmunds prides itself on being "hands down the best place to work in Southern California" and they are. They provide you with lots of free snacks and arcade games to unwind with during breaks. However, it's not just the benefits, but the people who work there that make it worth while. My colleagues became my close friends and I looked forward to working with them everyday.

ConsThe pay is not as competitive as other companies, which the benefits seem to make up for.

Disappointed

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany full of great people (the troops), great office and coffee bar. I believe ownership and it's core group care and want whats best (it's just below them where i believe the issues lie).

ConsI worked for the Tier 3 team. Tier 3 management is in over its head except for one person and I wonder just how much he can actually get accomplished. Tier 3 sales team should be run by the regional director from the northwest. When she speaks, people listen because they know they are going to learn something...and she has the respect of the Tier 3 team (unlike the person currently holding the position).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have some great people working for you in the field (with years of experience), listen to them. You have a product problem, not an Account Manager problem in most cases. Look in the mirror and stop blaming those on the front line. There is no such thing as a retention visit at this time...each visit your account managers make, they have to re-sell the product. You hired some great people, use their knowledge to make your site/company stronger.

Family business

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time

ProsGreat work-life balance, relaxed atmosphere as nobody cares. I love their traditional automotive data.

ConsIt is a family run company and you would be told to do what they think is right. There is no career growth.

Worked for Edmunds.com? Contribute to the Community!

Edmunds.com Videos

Edmunds.com – Why Work for Us?

Edmunds.com is a car-shopping Web site committed to helping people find the car that meets their every need.​​Almost 18 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edmunds.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Edmunds.com CEO Avi Steinlauf. All 62 reviews posted anonymously by Edmunds.com employees.