Edmunds.com Reviews

Reset
5.0
Edmunds.com CEO Avi Steinlauf
Avi Steinlauf

Pros
  • They have the work life balance thing all figured out (in 12 reviews)

• ROWE (results only work environment) (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Ambiguity about objectives can make work/life balance very difficult for many (in 7 reviews)

• Senior management is challenging - not sure that would be a con; I actually look at this as more of a pro (in 5 reviews)

1. Best Place I've Ever Worked.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Edmunds is always doing something to improve. There are constantly changes being made to make employees more comfortable, expand their opportunities and move the company forward in new and innovative ways. I want to be employed here until I retire!

Cons

Sometimes there is a barrier between the desire to innovate and the ability to hear the right voices, but that's a struggle that every company has.

Advice to Management

Keep it up management. Keep finding new and exciting talent. Keep your nose to the grindstone when it comes to recruiting because people should be more than qualified - they should be excellent. And they should be compensated accordingly. Innovation isn't always cheap so stay strong in the face of those challenges.

2. Senior Account Executive

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time

Pros

Compensation. Flexible schedule. Upward mobility. Nimble and changes to meet the needs of the sales staff. Excellent mentoring and support from upper management.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at Edmunds. As long as you work hard, you will see immediate results and continue to be rewarded as a valued employee.

3. Great place to work

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- ROWE (Results Only Work Environment), where employees are given the flexibility to choose their own hours and work location, so long as the work gets done. Many employees are able to work from home on any given day. Others don't arrive in the office until late afternoon, and this is entirely possible because of ROWE, where employees trust each other to be responsible for their work. - Free catered lunch every day - Unlimited PTO, which goes hand in hand with ROWE. - The company really cares about its employees in terms of both personal and professional development. We recently had "Summer Camp", where employees were given the opportunity to attend seminars and classes ranging from "How to Improve Your LinkedIn Profile" to hip-hop dance lessons. A great time was had by all.

Cons

-Because of ROWE, it can sometimes be difficult to set up meetings with people working from home. People can always dial in to meetings, or have an online meeting, but occasionally, face-to-face meetings befits the circumstances. Overall though, ROWE is vastly more pro than con, and there are often ways to work around the few cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to care about your employees, personally and professionally. And recognize the talents and contributions of non-manager employees.

5. Product Development Internship

Current Intern - Product Development Intern in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Intern - Product Development Intern in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and a Results only work environment.

Cons

Its challenging...but in a good way. Why am I writing this in cons?

Advice to Management

Product Development internships should be longer! Or at least interns should be told beforehand that the longer they spend here the better it will be for them. My internship got over too quickly.

Perfect Environment for an Agile Careerist

Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time

Pros

- Ample opportunities for career advancement/shifting - Competitive compensation package - Awesome work environment - ROWE environment provides a ton of flexibility - Office location is close to the beach

Cons

- Collaborating with coworkers can be a challenge since everyone is able to define their own schedule. ROWE is definitely a love/hate relationship at times. 99% love.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and continue to put employees first.

What a Great Company!

Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Edmunds is one of the few work places that offers ROWE (Results Oriented Work Environment), which provides employees with the flexibility to manage their own schedules and work hours. It offers us freedom, flexibility and convenience and leads to increased productivity.

Cons

If you don't like a lot of changes, and prefer a more stable environment, then Edmunds probably isn't the place for you. The company pivots frequently, but all with an eye on being the best Automotive website out there.

8. Great company with a stable future.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Always advancing forward in using the latest technologies - Keeps up with market competitive salaries. - Work hours/location flexibility. - Everyone is always looking into everyday in how to grow Edmunds.com. - The majority seems to be happy which is reflected by the number of years they stay at Edmunds.com. (5-10 years)

Cons

I cannot think of many cons, since every growing company in a competitive industry would have the same issues including the context switching cost while shifting from idea to another even within a single project.

Advice to Management

Keep testing ideas and innovating, but also focus more effort on the successful ones.

Great Company for Personal and Professional Growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Edmunds is extremely receptive and responsive to employee feedback. They are a great company to work for.

Cons

If you are a person who is afraid to speak your mind, this might not be the place for you. There are lots of strong personalities and intelligent people and you need to be able to stand your ground to make sure you are heard. That being said, people will always listen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the impressive handling of employee feedback.

10. Great Employer, Innovative, Fun, Exciting Work, Great People

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Edmunds truly cares about their employees and they're always trying to find ways to provide a better working experience. The company is innovative and forward-thinking and poised for growth.

Cons

The requirement that all food brought in has to be kosher. It's great that they provide us food but the quality is not great since we are so limited by the catering options. There also aren't a lot of great places nearby to get food.

Advice to Management

Get separate meals for the executives and anyone who keeps kosher which will open up amazing options for the rest of the employees.

11. Healthiest work environment ever.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

A real focus on wellness. Healthy snacks, like fruit, always available. Professional and personal development classes. A true desire among all employers to make the car-buying process better for shoppers and dealers alike. This is a place I can feel good working for.

Cons

I'm hoping that the website design and user experience improve over time. Edmunds offers such a great service to car buyers. Just needs to be delivered a little more beautifully and easily.

Advice to Management

Really appreciate all the niceties here. And Summer Camp was a great experience. I really benefited from all the development classes. And got to know more employees. Great stuff.

RSS Feed </> Embed