Edmunds.com Reviews

96 reviews filtered by

1. Edmunds.com is Avi Cool

Former Employee - Creative Ditrector in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Creative Ditrector in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Avi the CEO is a good guy, and the company's leadership in automotive editorial is clearly one of its strengths. Advertising does not impact editorial

Cons

I am not going to say anything bad. The company has matured. I am not going to say anything bad. The company has matured. I am not going to say anything bad. The company has matured.

Advice to Management

Point to selling cars directly and partner with TESLA.

2. Hands down best place to work in LA!

Current Employee - Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They actually care about their employees and understand that happy employees are much more productive! They have the work life balance thing all figured out!

Cons

It's hard to find your place in the big picture

Enriching, dynamic, challenging, and never dull.

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Tremendous benefits and a flexible work schedule. The work is intellectually stimulating and there is a a lot of openness to new ideas and approaches for people who can absorb and welcome change. Very public and honest reflection from upper management. Tremendous care an attention is placed on their employees.

Cons

Emphasis on swift. decisive action has a tendency to backfire and create thrash and churn among project teams. Ambiguity about objectives can make work/life balance very difficult for many. Numerous pet projects create distractions.

5. Great day-to-day feel, worrisome outlook

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent work/life balance with ROWE. For the most part there are mechanisms to hear out employee concerns at every level, so if there's anything that bothers you about your particular manager/director, it's not hard to be heard (although I don't sense that this is a common problem to begin with. In general, working here from day to day is fun and relatively low-stress.

Also, if you do your job and play the game, above average compensation seems to follow.

Cons

Many question the direction of the company in a time that's been a bit turbulent. Traffic is on the decline and competitors with flat, streamlined website designs offer more ease-of-use for the same product. The difficulty seems to be that Edmunds relies heavily on advertising revenue for cash flow, but ads muck up the site and make navigation and page load times reminiscent of a decade ago. This is in direct conflict with the transition to becoming a car shopping website.

Advice to Management

The flaws of the current site design might not stand to baby-boomer uses, but younger users who are becoming more and more accustomed to simple, easily navigable, and fast applications won't put up with it for long. Perhaps the Tier 3 business doesn't belong on Edmunds.com, but on an integrated sister website that offers the same product without the burden of heavy advertising.

6. Anonymous

I have been working at Edmunds.com

Pros

-Rowe
    -Creative Environment
    -Potential for growth
    -They have a great on boarding process so that you are familiar with the company

Cons

-Rowe isn't beneficial for all positions
    -More transparency

7. Great benefits, lots of transparency

Current Employee - Product in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Product in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits: Result only work environment means employees can set their own schedules and work from where they want as long as they can figure out how to coordinate with other team members and meet goals.

Transparency: Company leadership is very transparent about what's happening - good and bad. COO sends out emails at least twice a week to discuss current problems and opportunities.

Cons

Due to the benefits, there isn't a lot of turnover, so people trying to move up quickly may not find the opportunities they're looking for - these types of people tend to leave after a couple years unless they're able to get in front of the executive team and really impress them.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold internal innovation competitions so that all employees have a forum to share their ideas.

8. Best place I've ever worked!

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Results only work environment (work where you want, when you want as long as your get your work done)

Excellent pay, location, benefits!

Rewarding, challenging work.

Cons

Sometimes the product can inhibit latest design directions.

9. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, entire team dedicated to the workplace experience, happy hours, great benefits, ROWE workplace.

Cons

It's basically a hierarchy with way too many branches, company will pay a bonus but put a freeze on hiring which doesn't help the long hours especially being a ROWE workplace.

Advice to Management

We need more people working here to effectively take the company where you think it deserves to be.

10. They truly value their employees!

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance is incredible here. Most departments of this company are super flexible with your schedule. I come and go as I please, and I can actually live life and get my job done - all the while not feeling as stressed. If I want to leave for the day bc I'm tired, I do. But, I get my job done.
    The leadership TRULY cares about the consumer. They take every piece of feedback and try to apply it to making our site better.
    Edmunds just really values their employees and treats us well. We have a lot of fun events all the time, and they really spare no expense for us.

Cons

At times, it's hard to see any growth potential. Seems like sometimes people get promoted or moved up based on tenure vs actual knowledge of how to run a team of people (a critical skill).
    The flexible work environment has a different definition depending on what dept you're in. I think it should be consistent throughout. I know that's the goal. But, it's not reality at the moment.

11. Great people, great product

Current Employee - Account Executive in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Laguna Niguel, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working with great people. Comp plan is reasonable. The product speaks for itself. The Edmunds.com team never is just satisfied with standing still. It has been my pleasure being part of a corporation who truly cares about its consumers, customers, and staff.

Cons

Comes with my position long drives and the...traffic! Working with SalesForce is a necessary evil, I am not a big fan of long annual corporate meetings in the middle of the month. I'd rather have them on the last 2 days/1st day of a calendar month. None of our clients want to see us on those days typically.

Advice to Management

Continue beta testing with focus groups across the US prior to launching new product