www.educate-online.com

Updated February 7, 2015
Updated February 7, 2015
3.4

Carol Vallone

It has been the best working environment I have ever experienced!

I have been working at Educate Online

Pros

Working with Educate Online has been memorable and fascinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment. Over all it's a great company!

Cons

Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.

Love the Flexibility

Current Employee - Remote Teacher: ) in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Remote Teacher: ) in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Educate Online

Pros

A whole new life after Retirement from Public School teaching!. Love my flexible hours, and being challenged to keep up with the fast pace of technology. The leaders within the company give me prompt assistance when needed.

Cons

The challenges are like any other challenges when teaching. I always have to be prepared with a variety of ways to meet the student's needs. LOVE IT!!!

Love this company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Educate Online part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for over 9 years and my experiences have been nothing but amazing. The team of folks I work with are amazing, bright, and intuitive. Not only do they care about making a difference in student's lives from an academic perspective, there is a genuine care toward how a customer is approached. Opportunities for growth and stepping into projects is readily available if you want to add extra value to the organization. The students are challenging to work with, but are also so fun to work with. What is better than getting to work from home? I love the flexibility!

Some positives include, but are not limited to:
    Management
    Students
    Flexibility
    At home work
    Opportunities
    Fun culture
    Meet folks from different parts of the country

Cons

This is not a job that you can just check out and consider it a convenience. Expectations are high and demanding but also rewarding. I think many folks believe this is just something fun to do and not really perceive it as work, but it is a job. It can be fun at the same time as demanding during high volume times. But, the low times balance it out. I know if I work hard and put in the extra time today, there will be a slower period (during summer months) when I can relax a bit. It certainly is a convenient schedule for me!

Keep at it! You are moving this company in the right direction! I can't wait to see the future.

The Ultimate Work From Home Opportunity

I have been working at Educate Online part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work from the comfort of home with students from around the country. Students are matched to you based on a series of criteria to ensure a great fit in session. You can work with up to 3 students in a session but each student is in his/her own "classroom" leading to a personalization of each student's learning. Staff is friendly and accommodating.

Cons

Work is dependent on school year ebb and flow, leading to some slow times during the year.

Keep doing what you're doing and building an atmosphere of customer service based education.

Very Interesting course of events

Former Employee - Online Instructor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Online Instructor in Boston, MA

I worked at Educate Online

Pros

This company is obviously very involved in their online reputation.
    This company is obviously able to influence their employees to write "outstanding" reviews.
    This company is obviously afraid of the harm a bad review will give them from the online community. They will do anything possible, even possibly pay their employees, to keep their rating at 3.0 or higher.

Cons

This company is obviously very worried about losing control of their reputation. Two days after I posted a negative review about this company, There were 4 employees--all on the same day--who also posted outstanding reviews about this company, apparently trying to discredit my negative review. The compound probability of independent events that this could have happened is Zero. Nil. Nothing. Nada. None. If I were you, I would NOT find employment in this company. They are denying the type of education that imparts love of learning and prepares graduates to become effective workers and informed citizens. It is very sad to see this. There are numerous online education companies such as this one trying to deprive us of our right to a high quality education.

None.

Feb 9, 2015Director of Human Resources

Once again we are sorry to hear that your employment experience with us was not what you expected. This is a response addressing your original review which you replaced with this update. What we do ... More

Former Employee - Not Worth the Effort
    Former Employee - Not Worth the Effort

I worked at Educate Online part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home
    No travel
    flexible for families

Cons

No benefits and no mobility

stop allowing caddy women managers to hold others down.

Feb 6, 2015Director of Human Resources

We are sorry you left the organization after 5 years. Our instructor roles are intended to be supplemental employment for certified teachers that have full time teaching jobs. For offering part time ... More

Teach In Your PJs

Current Employee - K-12 Teacher in Oxford, MI
    Current Employee - K-12 Teacher in Oxford, MI

I have been working at Educate Online part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to teach in your pjs. What more could you ask for?
    The company sends you a headset for while you work.
    Easy to pick up extra hours.
    Most kids are great to work with and really want to work hard and learn.

Cons

There were several audio issues, which are difficult to solve sometimes because the children or parents do not understand what you are talking about or do not speak English well.
    Only get paid about $10-$11 an hour.
    Inconsistent work schedule.

Not great for employed teachers

Former Employee - K-12 Tutor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - K-12 Tutor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Educate Online part-time (less than a year)

Pros

flexible hours; work from home

Cons

low pay; must keep your teaching certificate up to date which outweighs the low pay and sporadic hours (Illinois teacher certification applications or renewal costs at least $100).

Pay more and allow teachers with expired certifications to continue teaching! That knowledge doesn't expire with our certifications!

Jan 7, 2015Director of Human Resources

We are sorry to hear you are no longer with us. We would like to note that in the past three years we have increased session rates three times and will continue to do what we can as we grow the ... More

Current Employee - Online Instructor in Gary, IN
    Current Employee - Online Instructor in Gary, IN

I have been working at Educate Online part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Training, work hours, philosophy, dedicated administrative staff, professionalism by all staff

Cons

Inconsistency, money/salaries, none at this time

Improve contracts with clients, provide more full time employment opportunities for insiders.

Disappointed.

Current Employee - Online Instructor
    Current Employee - Online Instructor

I have been working at Educate Online part-time (more than a year)

Pros

When I was hired, I had an excellent Trainer and Lead Instructor. The Trainer made sure I understood how to operate the EO software before I went live. And the Lead Instructor kept me informed on what was going on in the company. And if I had any questions, she would answer them. I found the Support Staff to be very professional. I didn't have that many problems with my payroll.

Cons

Then almost half-way through 2014, EO changed. I no longer had a Lead Instructor, and it just seemed like things weren't as well run as they were before. I did not feel I was kept up-to-date on what was going on in the company. I was not given as many sessions to teach as before. I experienced more problems with my payroll. It's been almost 3 months (August to October), and I still haven't taught a session. I don't know how they can stay in business when there's hardly any sessions being taught for that long period of time. It's no wonder the instructor's salary is so low. Maybe EO should pay the employees responsible for renegotiating its contracts less money instead of paying the instructors such a low salary.

Pay your instructors more money, do a better job of renegotiating contracts (or don't depend on one school district for so many sessions), and offer more career advancements.

Oct 21, 2014Director of Human Resources

To Disappointed Employee,

We're sorry to hear your experience later in the year has not been positive. There was a company meeting in April that instructors were invited to attend. We acknowledged
    ... More