Education Inc.

3.5

Kenneth Munies

Teamwork and Working Towards Improvement

I have been working at Education Inc. full-time

Pros

Education, Inc. serves a population that does not have access to education. It constantly strives to improve its relationships (with schools, hospitals, students, employees) and itself. You work with a group of passionate and supportive individuals.

Cons

EI is a relatively young company that is still growing and learning. Because there are only a several hundred employees medical benefits are a bit expensive..

A great learning experience

I worked at Education Inc.

Pros

Reaching a population that is not serviced in regular education is a gift. The recruiters find valuable team members that have hearts of gold and will support you through thick and thin.

Cons

Did you notice all of the positive reviews with 5 stars were on or around the end of July? Aka they got word of the past negative reviews and asked for employees to post.

Pay is not competitive. Forget about asking for a raise

Growth in the company is hard to come by unless you become buddy buddy with supervisors.

Look at your valuable teachers and figure out a way to keep them. So many fantastic teachers moved on to bigger and better because of lack of recognition.

Only positive things to say!

I have been working at Education Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This position offers a wonderful team of passionate teachers and leaders to work with. It is a company that allows your voice to be heard and your goals to be pursued. The CEO has an open door policy, and there is always someone to reach out to and learn from. In this company the limits are endless. You can teach, but also do recruitment, help start up new sales accounts, train new teachers, create curriculum, participate in corporate citizenship activites and professional development. It's a job that will help you be the best person you can be while changing the lives of so many children along the way. It is rewarding, challenging and a great job for anyone who is looking to work with students in a non traditional environment and to grow within the education field.

Cons

The main challenge is just implementing best strategies for time management and organization. There can be a lot going on, but if you have an organized system of getting things done then it will not be a problem! More of an exciting fast-paced working environment.

Keep doing what your doing- promoting growth of employees and encouraging all levels of the company to share their ideas and goals. The push for constant improvement is something that I would never want to change.

Great place to work, a lot of room for growth!

I have been working at Education Inc. full-time

Pros

There are a lot of pros about Education, Inc. The line of work that we are in is so rewarding. Whether you are teaching in the classroom to students in the behavioral setting, teaching 1:1 bedside in the medical hospitals, working in management, recruitment, sales, districts, etc. you almost always walk away from work each day feeling successful and that you made a difference.

Cons

Education, Inc. is a relatively small company spread out throughout multiple states. It is hard to feel a sense of community on a large scale. However, each unit/division works hard to build that community with their own team.

I think that we have been stepping in the right direction to bridge the gap between the different divisions, but there is still room for improvement.

The single most collaborative environment I have ever worked in.

I have been working at Education Inc.

Pros

I have never worked for a company that did a better job of recruiting people that believe in the mission of the company better than Ed Inc. That provides an unbelievable atmosphere. Everything is collaborative, from job descriptions, to compensation goals.

Cons

There are a lot of hoops to jump through at times (in order to involve everyone) and it can occasionally become "Too many cooks" kind of a feel.

A Great Place to Learn and Grow

Current Employee - Teacher in Plymouth, MA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Plymouth, MA

I have been working at Education Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a company that provides educational services to an under served population of students. It's a place where you can not only be creative but have opportunities for growth and challenge that you wouldn't necessarily have in a public school. There are so many ways you can explore your passion and truly make a difference in students' lives. Management is always willing to sit down with you and talk about different ways you can improve upon your skills and really wants to hear your new ideas, especially Ken, our CEO.

Cons

This is not a typical 9-5 job but you truly get out of it what you put in. It's also important to have a self care plan and know when to go home for the night and when to stay late and finish. This is something that new employees can struggle with however there is always someone willing to help with your time management struggles.

Be open about what questions you have, new ideas, and your struggles. This is a very supportive company and wants to help fix any issues as soon as possible.

Education Inc.- A Unique Teaching Opportunity.

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Education Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When I first applied to EI I had never heard of hospital education. I applied on a whim and I was amazed to learn that there is a whole population of students that need education outside of the traditional classroom. I have worked for EI for almost a year now and very much look forward to my growth in the company throughout the next year. There are a lot of opportunities to grow professionally. My favorite part of working for EI is the amount of team work that is present. Being a company that is spread out throughout the east coast I am amazed about how easy it is to communicate and get help from various teachers. EI is not a teaching job for everyone because of the population of students we work with is so unique but it is by far the most rewarding teaching experience I have had in my career.

Cons

The population of students we work with can be very stressful but the rewards of this job far out weigh the stress.

Unique, rewarding position

Current Employee - Hospital Educator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Hospital Educator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Education Inc. part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility to create your own curriculum, extremely thorough training (you will never feel lost or abandoned), unique experience working with children who are unable to attend school (for medical reasons). Management is sensitive to employee needs and is very accomodating (both in personal and business aspects).

Cons

Lengthy hiring process, job responsibilties can be overwhelming at times (but as mentioned above, mgmt is there for support and open to hearing issues).

Mgmt could work on balancing some of the admin tasks to allow more of a focus on education.

Hard work pays off...

I have been working at Education Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Our company is providing an amazing service within a market that is not yet established. That in itself is a daily reward. Also along for the ride is the tremendous amount of work and growth that happens hourly. There has NEVER been a day that I was bored or had to watch the time click through my day. In the 2 years that I have been here, every single day I have learned a new skill or experience to add to my list. There is plenty of work to go around, and if you exhibit the level of commitment needed then you will be trusted to directly improve the quality of our procedures. Daily personal gratification, and 2 promotions in 2 years...enough said.

Cons

Long hours beyond what you are paid for. You must be able to find a balance between work and personal life because it is easy to blur that line. Another ongoing challenge is that since our company is growing and does not have very many clear procedures set in place..it is very easy to get caught up in "well this is how we have always done it". We're quickly growing and things aren't always going to be perfect along the way, but without trying we won't go anywhere.

Listen to your employees. Be open to change.

A place to learn and grow

Current Employee - Administrative in Plymouth, MA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Plymouth, MA

I have been working at Education Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Supportive staff always available to ask any and all questions
    Dedicated to professional growth and constant improvement
    If you go after the opportunity for a promotion: show the drive and dedication you will be able to grow within this company
    This company teaches you how to act like a professional and is very understanding of young professionals just learning how to be in the work force
    Support when I told them I was going to grad school

Cons

Focus in quarters past was on too heavily performance instead of helping the students
    Too many administrative tasks for teachers rather than just allowing them to teach
    Too much email communication that allows for negative attitudes to shine through
    Not enough timely feedback on areas of improvement

Train your managers on how to be managers. Hold them accountable to the same things they hold the people under them accountable to. The first time we saw any type of areas to grow was in the summer. Make these more available to those who want to advance within this company. Reviews need to happen on a scheduled quarterly basis.