Education Inc.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kenneth Munies

Work

Prosit is tremendously rewarding to work with children

Consthe hours can be tough but worthwhile

Bizarre place to work

Administrative Support (Former Employee)
    Plymouth, MA

ProsI worked in the Plymouth office and it was pretty close to my house. It was nice to be in downtown Plymouth every day.

ConsThe pay was very low I actually got a second job during the time I was there. I had to dress professionally - no denim (not even a denim skirt) no sleeveless and no sandals and no heels with less than a one inch diameter. I was often bored and requested new projects but was turned down. I offered to help another part of the company and was also turned down. I had to invent things to do sometimes. I really liked my direct boss he was such a kind man and there were some nice people there but the place was so end-all-be-all kind of cultish. I tried to make it a happier place but that was ineffectual.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe humble. You are one organization among many and it's important to realize that.

Stay far away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Plymouth, MA

ProsThere are none. Unless you like being treated like dirt, worked to exhaustion (70+ hour weeks), and talked down to by an inner circle of insecure children that need ego boosts.

ConsEverything the other reviews say are true... especially the one referring to the company higher ups as dictators. They prize adherence to their "values" (also known as brain washing) above all else and fail to discipline serious human resources liabilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have none. They are not salvageable.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inmates Running The Asylum

Regional Manager (Current Employee)
    Plymouth, MA

ProsWorking at Education, Inc. gives one the real-life experience of what it's like to live under a totalitarian regime run by fascist dictators. With EI, you can become intimately acquainted with such realities as oppression, censorship, dehumanization, and exploitation that most only get to read about in books or see in movies. And for those teachers who have many years experience in the classroom and/or advanced degrees in education, witnessing the micromanagement of an "education" company run by bumbling miscreants who have neither taught nor received any university training in the field of education provides for hilarity that gives one cause to laugh everyday.

ConsAs an educational professional who puts her heart and soul into teaching and caring for her students, what's not to love about a company that is so deeply passionate about seeing children learn that they would even bill districts for hours that students were not taught. Their power of positive thinking is amazing - if the schools believe the students were being taught, then the children really are learning! After all, perception is reality! And who cannot admire an education company that treats children like customers rather than human beings - hey, EI is a for-profit company, and management need to have their company cars, mobile phones, and incentive bonuses. As for their attitude towards the kids: kids schmids!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe world of for-profit education companies is filled with scandalous scoundrels who are only concerned with capital accumulation and could care less about their students, teachers, or their own ethical integrity. You are among the leaders in this category, but if you really want to rise to the top and be an "A" player in this field, you need to stop reading books on soft methods of corporate tyranny like "It's Okay To Be The Boss" and hunker down with real hardcore means to achieve corporate dominance by reading the biographies of Robert Mugabe, Idi Amin, and Omar al-Bashir. KM is certainly no Pol Pot - must put in more effort here. I have faith that he will.

Please Note Review by Previous Manager. I should have paid closer attention to that!

Instructor (Former Employee)
    Brockton, MA

ProsAbility to work with youth/teens - always a positive

ConsVery unprofessional staff. They focus on your professionalism and superior qualifications and deliver no professionalism in return.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe whole "A player" plan...sounds great on paper but does not play out in real human management. Employees are not robots. Expect of YOURSELF what you expect in your employees.

Great concept, the worst execution and leadership in the field- run away now!

Regional Manager (Former Employee)
    Plymouth, MA

ProsSatisfaction of helping children in need, great hospital interactions, many opportunities for professional growth since the company focuses on inane details (i.e. 5 a.m. meetings to hear other regional managers questions whether or not to call a snow day in a different part of the country) and disregards significant information (i.e. P&L's, MA regulation, DOE compliance, tax laws, etc.)

ConsChallenging work with laughable compensation, micro-management is of very trivial aspects of job whereas important features are overlooked, no support in some of the most dangerous working conditions, moral ambiguity regarding how Education, Inc treats customers and students, HR manager has far too much control and is ironically terrible at human interactions

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow what your P&Ls from previous years were, stop bogging your talented people down with internally created red tape, train teachers who have never been in a mental health facility how to manage the population

ecxiting and tiring experience but it's so much fun

Tutor (Current Employee)
    Boufatis (Algeria)

Prosthe most noble thing to do ever

Constiring, so much responsibilities and very sensitive position

Tutoring

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, chance to work with students

ConsNot enough students, pay isn't competitive

An OK place to work while looking for something else.

Tutor (Former Employee)

ProsThe flexible schedule is by far the biggest plus. The office staff are also friendly and helpful. It is also great that you get paid when students fail to show up. This will happen all the time.

ConsThe pay is on the low side for tutoring. You won't allways be able to have enough students to get in the hours you need.

Advice to Senior Managementthey should be quicker to offer raises. I worked there for two years and they never bumped up my hourly rate.

Worked for Education Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Education Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Education Inc. CEO Kenneth Munies. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Education Inc. employees.