Education Sales Management

1. A So-So job

Former Employee - Education Consultant in Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Education Consultant in Thornton, CO

I worked at Education Sales Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked that I had the options and ability to work from home.

Cons

While working from home you ran into the possibility of not having help when you needed it. Not a lot of room for advancement.

2. Great for sales experience

Current Employee - Customer Care Coach in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Care Coach in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Education Sales Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to showcase skills. Great support system. Encouraged career growth.

Cons

Pay. Corporate restrictions. Menial work.

Advice to Management

The staff has to make more if you're to keep talented people.

3. Education Consultant

Current Employee - Education Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Education Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Education Sales Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and people to work with. Lots of opportunity to move up.

Cons

A lot of turnover lately.

Advice to Management

Help those who are within to move up more.

Only if you are really desperate

Former Employee - Education Consultant in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Education Consultant in Westminster, CO

I worked at Education Sales Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, easy job. Mindless work - flexible hours and the ability to work from home for most people.

Cons

Where should I start? Terrible pay and benefits. I mean awful. You re treated like a number - literally. Lay-offs constantly. Mis-management of client relationships leads to lay-offs and unpredictable work schedules.

Advice to Management

Care about your people. Actually live by the values that you have on the walls, It would improve your business tremendously.

Worst Experience Ever

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Education Sales Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none, unless you count being able to fly below the radar and not produce anything meaningful while still drawing a paycheck. This requires being buddies with the right people, otherwise, you are stepped on at every turn.

Cons

Where to start? Upper management is entrenched (especially the directors) and if they don't like you personally they won't even respond to an email from you which can be a real problem if you depend on them for feedback. Middle management has very little direction and so, tends to waffle when providing guidance and absolutely will not stand up for you (but are happy to say they will). Even if you perform to the standards of your immediate manager, you can still be forced out on a whim. The technology is mismanaged which is strange since that is basically the heart of how the company operates. Multiple and frequent outages. I was an analyst and on multiple occassions was asked to adjust findings to support ESM over the client. It is a very dishonest environment without any intergrity. It's a shame too, some of the people are quality but are either apathetic to the point of being frozen in place or on board with upper management and don't care about the little folks. Kudos ot the database folks though, they are the only reason the management of the company can be so poor. God help ESM when the database folks decide to move on.

Advice to Management

Remove the entrenched folks that are only interested in supporting their own ends (shall I name names? nah, you know how you are and so does everyone else). I hope Xerox finds a way to make the company some place better than the private owner left it as. I wouldn't work here, even if the salary they offer is high (and it's not) it simply is not worth the effort. If you are into being consistently demoralized by management and most peers, have a blast and apply at ESM.

7. Employed by ESM

I have been working at Education Sales Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

By far the best, least stressful job I've ever had. I've been with the company for almost 2 years and have never had any problems. I suppose the stress level depends on how well you are able to deal with getting yelled at on the phone by some people, but for me it's not an issue, I deal well with upset people and don't let it get to me. Also there are very nice people you deal with daily who you are able to help which makes it worth getting yelled at a few times. I've been working for 15 years and have had done everything from waitress to bookkeeping to an Executive Assistant position making $20+ an hour, and would trade that pay any day to have the stress free, enjoyable work environment and caring management I have now.

They told me at the beginning of my employment that one of their priorities was keeping employees happy and creating a fun work environment, and that they understood the importance of family. They have proved all of those things to me repeatedly. I've had a couple of changes in leadership on my account since I started, and every team lead I've had has been great. They are always there to help if you need them, very understanding when you have sicknesses or family issues and give you plenty of PTO time to handle those issues. The 'micromanagement' I've seen some reviews speak of is just monthly coaching sessions to help you be the best you can be at your job. I appreciate it and like being told I'm doing a good job when I am, and learning what I can improve when needed. My team leads are constantly telling me when I do a good job rather than just when I am doing something wrong.

Probably the best part of my job is that after only a couple of months I was allowed to work remotely from home full time, which is the best thing that could've happened to me as a single mother. I appreciate being able to get my child to school, start work, then be here when he gets home, any parent knows how important that is and how much easier it makes life for not just you but your child.

Another thing some complain about is the schedule changes that occur occasionally, shift bids. They do this to accommodate for changing times of year that the client is busy or slow. It is sometimes a little inconvenient, however sometimes you have to make small sacrifices when prioritizing, and as much as I enjoy all of the other aspects of this job, it's a small price to pay to have to change my work schedule around now and then.

I've also seen some complaints on here about pay, however for what we do, we make decent money. The job really isn't difficult. As far as benefits, the medical is a little pricey, but who's isn't these days? I personally love being employed here and if you come to work here and try hard, have good work ethic and a positive attitude, which is something you should do in life in general anyway, you will love working here. I am extremely grateful for the friend who referred me to ESM and to everyone I've worked with and for here.

Cons

I have no complaints about working for this company.

8. Great Company, great people.

Current Employee - Purchasing Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Purchasing Associate in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Education Sales Management part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is great. Employees are great as well.

Cons

Not really much to complain about. No cons.

9. Decent Pay-- No potential

Former Employee - Sylvan Learning Center Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sylvan Learning Center Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Education Sales Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were nice enough. Expectations were realistic. Coaching was adequate.

Cons

If you slip and fall in their parking lot while 8 months pregnant, you're pretty much out of luck. I was in the ICU for 12 hours, overnight, because they didn't adequately de-ice their parking lot. I was granted workers comp, but no compensation for the 4 days of work I missed because my back went out when I slipped and fell on ice in their parking lot. Then, when you try to go back to work after your FMLA is up and they don't have a job for you- I guess you're out of luck too. My office moved from Westminster, down to Highlands Ranch, then over to Parker when I tried to return to work. Not only did my office move, but they told me my position was no longer available and I'd have to take a pay cut to keep my job (which I believe is illegal). It was a huge problem for me. I had a newborn, my position was no longer convenient to drive to (it would have been nearly an hour drive to get to work), and they wanted to pay me less and force me into a different type of position (no commission potential). I argued that what they were doing wasn't right, and their response was to tell me, "I'll accept this as your resignation." Not only did they screw me out of my position and pay upon my attempted return from FMLA, they then tried to fight my unemployment claim. I had to ask for a second hearing to get the initial decision overturned.

Advice to Management

Learn better management techniques, and keep your promises to your employees.

10. Desperate for money?....apply here

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Education Sales Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers
    Easy job
    Paid Time Off
    Bereavement policy

Cons

Management.
    Micromanaging
    No room for advancement unless you really kiss the right person's behind
    No care for their employees
    Employees are just numbers on the floor
    There is this philosophy that says they care for their employees, but they don't. I have been here for over a year and have yet to see any care for employees.
    There is a very noticeable wage difference between agents and management. We get paid below the poverty line, while executives get 6 figure incomes. Makes sense

Advice to Management

Get a grip! You all treat your employees like crap and then wonder why everyone is leaving. Stop treating the ones on the phones like dirt and take a few calls. Remember that your employees are people too and life happens.

Try to avoid this company unless you are completely desperate

I have been working at Education Sales Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good money for the work that is done
    Fairly simple work
    Great employees to work with
    Fun decorating parties
    Potlucks
    Contests

Cons

No room for advancement even though they stress that there is when you are hired
    Micromanagement
    You will never be the picture of a perfect "esm" employee
    Be ready to be reprimanded for their faulty equipment making you late to log in

When I first began with this company two years ago, I didn't mid it at all. Over the last year it has became one of the worst places I have ever been employed at. There is way to many chiefs and not enough Indians running the show. The amount of micromanagement leaves you scratching your head if this company actually even knows how hard you have tried to satisfy their needs. I am very thankful to have a job however I am stuck in this dead end job that every one of their employees is completely stressed, tired and tired of being yelled at over and over and over for calling someone 15-25 times a day. You will feel like a drone. You may spend the entire day on the verge of tears at the amount of abuse you will withstand from the people you call, you’r so called TL's and the client you work for. Be ready to be abused, stressed to the max and have an over whelming feeling of needing to pee because you are not doing it on their time! Please save your self the heartache and go apply at McDonalds , go be a trash man, go clean trash from the side of the highway you will be much happier there believe me.

Advice to Management

Put yourself in the shoes of your people that you demand from. Take calls for a day. Just one day see what we are put through. I promise you, you will not make it a day. QUIT micromanaging it makes for real unhappy workers that hate you!