EducationDynamics

2.3
Tom Anderson

1. Account Coordinator

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time

Pros

Good benefits
    Good location
    Great mid-level employees

Cons

high level mismanagement
    Unstable
    No long term direction

Advice to Management

Communicate strategies to your employees better
    Develop and maintain a management plan

STAY AWAY!!! - Save Your Soul!

Former Employee - Education Advisory in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Education Advisory in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's in beautiful Boca Raton and close to the highway ... THAT'S IT!!!

Cons

Oh my, where do I begin?

Let's start at the top ... Management: No leadership and no direction. Everyone from the supervisor level and up knows each other and have worked with each other at previous companies. It's a great example of the good ol' boy system. They hire and promote friends and give them good money. However, these people are inexperienced ... some don't even know what they are doing or how to do it, and they did not earn the position or work for it.

There is absolutely no room for better pay or advancement if you are no part of the "In Crowd"

Lunch: What lunch? It's only a half hour and by the time you heat up your food or order it, lunch is over!

Turnover: There is so much turnover!!! Mostly due to the fact that most employees come from a staffing agency. They lie to the temps when they say they will go permanent. Instead, they let them go and hire more temps. This is how EDDY keeps costs low by hiring low paid representatives, firing and hiring a new batch. Also, let's not forget that this keeps the temp agency's pockets full because of the constant turnover.

Let's not forget another major fact: The temp agency is CareersUSA. See their reviews on here ... they are no better that Education Dynamics. Everyone seems to forget that the manager of Careers USA is friends with the head honcho of EDDY ... you can see them on FaceBook together chillin'!

Either way, EDDY does not care about their employees. They manage by fear and that's why morale is so low aside from the LOW pay! It's just not worth it over there.

Now, about their product: They are supposed to be "Helping" perspective students? What a lie! They get their leads from Gigats and other JOB SEARCH engines! It is a lie from the beginning because you think you are applying for a job, but what you are really doing is giving them your information so they can get you over to a school and have you enroll!

They DO NOT care about your education because the more "Warm Transfers" you get, the better your stats are. So, the reps are transferring unemployed people to schools that are NOT ACCREDITED, or recognized nationwide and they could not care less about the major you need. Above all, let's not forget that these "students" are not students, they are people looking for jobs!

I hope this helps. There are other negatives about EducationDynamics, but these are the major ones.

Advice to Management

Management is a joke, I have no advice to management. My advice would be to the major shareholders or OWNERS of the company. If you really care about the company and its employees, clean out your executives in Boca Raton and get smarter, more professional leaders there. DO NOT continue to let that office be run by friends who don't know what they are doing, but making good money while doing so.

Gone in Seattle

I worked at EducationDynamics

Pros

Great Team in Seattle with a good work life balance. Plenty of opportunity to move forward and learn a lot if you are not familiar with the industry

Cons

Politics with merged companies and the parent company has slowly deconstructed the presence on the west coast. Everyone has left. No longer an office in Seattle

Great people, good benefits, tough industry: a REAL, honest review of my time at EducationDynamics.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office- The office is located in a prime spot in Hoboken, so commuting is super easy. The office itself is fine- everyone has their own cubicle and managers have their own offices. There are plenty of snacks, free coffee and other drinks, ect. Lots of places to eat, a gym right nearby and close to PATH train and buses and trains.

People- Everyone is super friendly (although some departments are cliquey) and many employees are friends outside of work. Most employees are good at what they do and are smart, so you can always get help from another department/employee. Happy hours, company outings, sometimes the office gets food or dessert brought in.

Work/Life Balance- Most employees work 9 to 5, or a variation of it (830 to 445, or 9:30 to 6) and most departments and managers are good about this. Depending on your manager, you can do what you want, work from home when weather is bad or you need to stay home and whatnot. People with kids can have flexible schedules as well. Basically if you are staying here until 7 at night or later, you're doing something wrong.

Pay- the Pay isn't as good as the city, but it's usually fair. Negotiate your salary when you first start to make sure you make enough since you won't be getting any raises unless you make the company a lot of money on your own.

Cons

Industry- The higher education and online learning industry is going through a rough patch so there are some growing pains there. IT does take a while to learn about the company and all the lingo, but if you work with the right people, you will learn it easily.

Career Opportunities - There's not much room to get a raise or move up in the company unless someone leaves or gets fired, when you can then try to apply for their open spot. Otherwise, you only get a small yearly bonus- no raises or promotions really. Many people apply for open positions on other teams since it's a good way to get more money and learn a new skill. Don't depend on staying here for more than a couple of years if you want to "grow your career" or whatever.

Upper management- sometimes they are very close-minded and only care about the financials. Really depends who you know and what department you work for though... If you aren't business-minded or goal-oriented, don't bother working here.

Advice to Management

Give employees opportunities for growth in title changes, promotions, raises instead of company-wide , shared bonuses in December that get taxed anyway. Invest in all departments equally and don't play favorites.

Great people, company has no focus!

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are fantastic people here who are dedicated and exceptional in their field. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Company is making money. Hours are flexible.

Cons

Company has no focus. All they want to do is sell the company. Their main product is outdated and simple. Nothing that anyone else can do. Although the company is making money, it's spending it quickly. No future growth for workers.

Advice to Management

Focus on holding on to talent and supporting the staff you have.

Tough Industry, Great People

Current Employee - Account Manager in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at EducationDynamics

Pros

Nice people
    Great benefits
    Open and clear communication

Cons

Fast turnover
    No room for growth
    Low salaries
    Tough industry

Management Isolated From Staff

Former Employee - Advisor in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Advisor in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at EducationDynamics

Pros

Staff banded together to get the job done
    Bagels on Friday
    Decent benefits

Cons

Never knew when the next firing was coming. People would just disappear and never come back.
    Culture of fear
    Management tried hard to pretend everything was ok but it was clear the company was in trouble.

Advice to Management

Communicate with staff, in the end, the people in the trenches will make or break or you.

9. Great People, Great Opportunities, Great Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been in my current position at EducationDynamics for almost two years. In that time my official title and position have not changed, but my day-to-day duties have shifted considerably. The reasons for this are many; shifting economy, shifting industry, shifting business modeling. The constants have been the incredible people I am surrounded by. My coworkers are truly some of the smartest people I have ever worked with. I am not in a senior management position so much of my day-to-day is outlined by decisions made at a higher level. This is not to say, however, that my opinions or contributions are glossed over. The management team have a clear vision under clear leadership and they translate that down the chain. My job is truly made easier by the focus of some very experienced people. Yes, things move at a very fast pace, but decisions are not made in haste, and realistic expectations are the norm

Cons

As mentioned before, things move at an exceptionally fast pace. Priorities shift on a seemingly weekly basis, but this is typically a result of changes in the industry as well as changes with client relationships.

Advice to Management

Continue the great job of keeping the open channels of communication, recognizing and rewarding exceptional individuals, and driving the company forward, ahead of changes in the industry and the economy.

Tough industry

I worked at EducationDynamics

Pros

Flexible Job and hard work is recognized.

Cons

It's a tough industry to be in.

Advice to Management

I think management did as a good a job under the circumstances.

Great Place for Experience

Former Employee - Marketing in Hoboken, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing in Hoboken, NJ

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a really great company to work for if you're looking for some great hands-on experience. If you're well liked, you have a lot of career flexibility as well. I also like that they have a bonus system and they give at least a solid 3% raise per year, but often times more.

Cons

The industry is fading and the company has very outdated technology which is holding them back. Upper management is hard to handle, with a lot of the good guys having left. Even though it is a profitable company you're left feeling like everything is sinking and they keep making major changes to the company. While the hours are fairly flexible on some teams, most people work a lot of overtime.

Advice to Management

Communicate more openly with everyone.

RSS Feed </> Embed