EducationDynamics

2.3

Tom Anderson

Tough Industry, Great People

Current Employee - Account Manager in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at EducationDynamics

Pros

Nice people
    Great benefits
    Open and clear communication

Cons

Fast turnover
    No room for growth
    Low salaries
    Tough industry

Great People, Great Opportunities, Great Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been in my current position at EducationDynamics for almost two years. In that time my official title and position have not changed, but my day-to-day duties have shifted considerably. The reasons for this are many; shifting economy, shifting industry, shifting business modeling. The constants have been the incredible people I am surrounded by. My coworkers are truly some of the smartest people I have ever worked with. I am not in a senior management position so much of my day-to-day is outlined by decisions made at a higher level. This is not to say, however, that my opinions or contributions are glossed over. The management team have a clear vision under clear leadership and they translate that down the chain. My job is truly made easier by the focus of some very experienced people. Yes, things move at a very fast pace, but decisions are not made in haste, and realistic expectations are the norm

Cons

As mentioned before, things move at an exceptionally fast pace. Priorities shift on a seemingly weekly basis, but this is typically a result of changes in the industry as well as changes with client relationships.

Continue the great job of keeping the open channels of communication, recognizing and rewarding exceptional individuals, and driving the company forward, ahead of changes in the industry and the economy.

Tough industry

I worked at EducationDynamics

Pros

Flexible Job and hard work is recognized.

Cons

It's a tough industry to be in.

I think management did as a good a job under the circumstances.

Great Place for Experience

Former Employee - Marketing in Hoboken, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing in Hoboken, NJ

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a really great company to work for if you're looking for some great hands-on experience. If you're well liked, you have a lot of career flexibility as well. I also like that they have a bonus system and they give at least a solid 3% raise per year, but often times more.

Cons

The industry is fading and the company has very outdated technology which is holding them back. Upper management is hard to handle, with a lot of the good guys having left. Even though it is a profitable company you're left feeling like everything is sinking and they keep making major changes to the company. While the hours are fairly flexible on some teams, most people work a lot of overtime.

Communicate more openly with everyone.

The company has a positive vibe and everyone is friendly and managers show their appreciation and acknowledge a job well done!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly collegues, fun work enviornment. Effort and hardwork is appreciated.

Cons

I haven't noticed any cons yet

Overall not a very good company culture with poor upper management

Current Employee - Account Manager in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employees. Most colleagues are really friendly and work as a team, the location is great and work schedules are flexible.

Cons

Upper management. Nobody seems to know what is going on and the direction from upper management can change day to day, not to mention the turmoil in how they handle things.

No growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People are generally nice and accommodating. C-level employees are approachable.

Cons

There is no room to growth. Promotion only comes because someone left or got fired. The company lacks overall structure and employee moral is low.

Take care of your employees. Understand how to compensate those that are smart and contributing greatly to the organization.

Tough Industry, Drifting Company

Former Employee - Manager - Marketing Analytics in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Manager - Marketing Analytics in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some management really cared about employees. It has an opportunity to really help people who are trying to find the right education to better their job opportunities.

Cons

The caring managers are no longer at the company. It's a shame. It seems like it is just about squeezing some short term money out of it. the CEO who seemed to care recently left.

Put the focus on the students.

Where dysfunction and denial meet

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time

Pros

Co-workers, PTO, location, hours. Some days are more tolerable than other days. That's really all I can think of, and I gave this a lot of thought.

Cons

BAD seeds in management that are inexperienced, bizarre processes, pay, lack of stability, uncertainty surrounding state of company, poor internal communication. Can't find a new job quick enough.

Lower level good, upper level BAD

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great group of team players at the worker level. Very accommodating of your personal life, reasonable pay and the opportunity to talk with upper level management when necessary. The chances to grow come when those above you leave suddenly or are fired, but there's still the potential for promotion and growth. Lead generation experience in the digital space if you're looking to get into that realm.

Cons

Upper management is extremely disorganized and about half of them have serious denial issues regarding responsibility for themselves and their teams. With such a great group of workers pulling the day to day load for this company, you'd expect management to at least be decent, but aside for a couple exceptions they are very short sided and simple minded. This mismanagement leads to lower morale and encourages those in middle management to also be non responsible and defensive when issues come up that they're involved in. How about you act like adults and address issues head on rather then avoiding them and placing blame on those who initially flag the issue(s)?! If you starting doing that, the company would increase productivity by at least 50% immediately. Lastly, don't fall for the phony "we care about you" attitude that HR and the execs want you to believe, the only loyalty is to those employed when others abruptly leave and the team's desperate to fill chairs, otherwise you're just another worker to stack piles of nonsense on until you finally break or they decide to close your office., whichever happens first.

Keep the ones who know what work is and can value a strong work ethic in others and please get rid of those who simply add hurdles to everyone else's life and bring nothing positive to the company. PC_HB