Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com

Edward Jones Reviews in Baltimore, MD

Edward Jones Managing Partner Jim Weddle

Jim Weddle

Pros
  • If you choose the team carefully you can have a good work/life balance (in 36 reviews)

• Great training one of the best programs in the industry for training financial advisors (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • Out of date prospecting, door to door simply doesn't work in some areas (in 49 reviews)

• Door knocking was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life (in 63 reviews)

More Highlights
3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Edward Jones Review from BOA - Been here 10 Months

BOA Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsVery helpful headquarter services--various departments very knowledgable. Even though I am in a branch and on my own the majority of time (FA not here most of the time)--I always feel the support of a very large organization. Excellent resources and very user friendly technology--I was up and running in a week. Good resources and support while learning the job.

ConsMust be very independent and OK with working alone the majority of time. Sometimes difficult to reach particular departments for help--long wait times. I would really like an opportunity for career advancement with this firm as I very much would like to stay here long term--but there are only two positions available at the branch level--and as a BOA I really have nowhere to go but stay in this same spot, as I am not interested in sales. I wish there were more career opportunities in the operations area, such as running a multi-advisor office etc., or positions such as ones located at headquarters.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement/compliance at the headquarters level seems a bit removed from what really happens/difficulties we face daily/the extent of our service to clients (we do everything for them) at the branch level. I have not met any management at that level outside of one regional meeting. They are wonderful figure heads and speakers--very inspiring speakers--but I think not really in tune with those of us in the field.

Be ready to suffer

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsHelping clients with retirement planning.

ConsOutdated marketing plan -- door knock, door knock, cold call, door knock
    Extremely low pay for work performed, not competitive with other financial firms.
    Crazy people who act like they are in a cult
    Outrageous hours
    Low pay, I think I already said that!!!
    No work life balance
    The meetings are all company pep rallies to convince you of the job
    They will tell you to door knock, door knock, every chance they get
    Working there is a Con period, not good for your life..run like hell.
    I hate it there, attrition is rampant.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet on with the times, door knocking gets zero respect from clients.
    Pay for advertising, it works...just ask Verizon, Wells Fargo, etc, etc,..
    Quit acting like a cult, you are just creepy and your advisors are creepy old couch smelling farts with 1950's mindsets.

Ok

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsFlexibility
    Ok pay when production is there

ConsExtremely tough business
    Hard to make it without getting assets handed down to you
    Little training
    No oversight unless numbers are not there
    Boring Company
    Boring company
    Boring Company

Advice to Senior ManagementBe inovative
    Door knocking is for losers
    Get with the program it's 2010
    Quit being such bores

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!