Edward Jones Reviews

Reset
3.8
Edward Jones Managing Partner Jim Weddle
Jim Weddle

Pros
  • If you choose the team carefully you can have a good work/life balance (in 43 reviews)

• Great training and home office support (in 70 reviews)

Cons
  • If you don't like or can't bear going door-to-door Edward Jones is not for you (in 57 reviews)

• The door knocking model is not for the faint of heart (in 68 reviews)

1. Edward Jones Review from BOA - Been here 10 Months

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very helpful headquarter services--various departments very knowledgable. Even though I am in a branch and on my own the majority of time (FA not here most of the time)--I always feel the support of a very large organization. Excellent resources and very user friendly technology--I was up and running in a week. Good resources and support while learning the job.

Cons

Must be very independent and OK with working alone the majority of time. Sometimes difficult to reach particular departments for help--long wait times. I would really like an opportunity for career advancement with this firm as I very much would like to stay here long term--but there are only two positions available at the branch level--and as a BOA I really have nowhere to go but stay in this same spot, as I am not interested in sales. I wish there were more career opportunities in the operations area, such as running a multi-advisor office etc., or positions such as ones located at headquarters.

Advice to Management

Management/compliance at the headquarters level seems a bit removed from what really happens/difficulties we face daily/the extent of our service to clients (we do everything for them) at the branch level. I have not met any management at that level outside of one regional meeting. They are wonderful figure heads and speakers--very inspiring speakers--but I think not really in tune with those of us in the field.

Be ready to suffer

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Helping clients with retirement planning.

Cons

Outdated marketing plan -- door knock, door knock, cold call, door knock Extremely low pay for work performed, not competitive with other financial firms. Crazy people who act like they are in a cult Outrageous hours Low pay, I think I already said that!!! No work life balance The meetings are all company pep rallies to convince you of the job They will tell you to door knock, door knock, every chance they get Working there is a Con period, not good for your life..run like hell. I hate it there, attrition is rampant.

Advice to Management

Get on with the times, door knocking gets zero respect from clients. Pay for advertising, it works...just ask Verizon, Wells Fargo, etc, etc,.. Quit acting like a cult, you are just creepy and your advisors are creepy old couch smelling farts with 1950's mindsets.

3. Ok

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Flexibility Ok pay when production is there

Cons

Extremely tough business Hard to make it without getting assets handed down to you Little training No oversight unless numbers are not there Boring Company Boring company Boring Company

Advice to Management

Be inovative Door knocking is for losers Get with the program it's 2010 Quit being such bores

Showing 3 of 1,167 reviews