Edward Jones

Edward Jones Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Edward Jones Managing Partner Jim Weddle

Jim Weddle

Pros:
  • "If you choose the team carefully you can have a good work/life balance"
    in 31 reviews
  • "Great training one of the best programs in the industry for training financial advisors"
    in 60 reviews
Cons:
  • "Out of date prospecting, door to door simply doesn't work in some areas"
    in 48 reviews
  • "Door knocking was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life"
    in 62 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Edward Jones is a tough gig

Edward Jones (Former Employee)

ProsThe people in my region were always willing to help. I met a lot of great people both in re company and as clients.

ConsI personally need more structure and stability. I could not stomach all commission.

new new

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)

Prosgood people and good locations

Consdoor to door, low start pay

Advice to Senior Managementimprove retention

Think carefully before doing this

Chicago, IL

ProsA good opportunity if you can take the trade offs

ConsThe health insurance is horrible - don't take this job if you need to use your insurance/go to the doctor your first few years

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clearer with people interviewing that the health insurance deductible is 6500 a year for a family every year, and that premiums will go up every year. Long term disability coverage fluctuates based on someone's income while employed. The St. Louis trainings are grueling and this job takes huge physical endurance. Reconsider this if you have family or personal responsibilities as it is not easy.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great training, be prepared to knock

Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee)

ProsTraining to pass the Series 7 and 66, as long as you try, you should have no issue passing the exams. They pay for you to learn....

ConsLimited help, failed advisors providing guidance, they are the Walmart of the financial industry. You are told to only sell certain products, some which may not be beneficial to clients.

The culture is great, volunteer opportunities awesome, willingness to hire people with little experience also excellent.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsIf you choose the team carefully you can have a good work/life balance. It is best to find someone you know and trust who works here to get the information about which teams are best for you.

ConsYou don't want to be near the top of the pay scale. If you are make sure to keep your resume and network connections current.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeded: Better on the job training,Internal Wikipedia, support professional technical society memberships. Hire managers who understand at a high level what their associates work on so they can make better decisions.

Good company to work for

Senior Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee)
    South Bend, IN

ProsGreat training and home office support

ConsSmall offices can create difficult working conditions

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider the future of associates before taking drastic measures, especially someone who worked there for eight years!

Sink or swim.

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsAutonomy, freedom, and flexibility. Set your sights and go after your target with everything you've got.

ConsNo central SOP for training new advisors. That means you get a lot of contrary advise that may or may not jive with your personal goals or operations. Be weary of who gains what from your success.

Advice to Senior ManagementStandardize training in the field for new advisors. Pay close attention to the goodknights and the veteran FAs who share their book. Are they doing it just to get rid of garbage? Or do they actually want to help bring up a new FA to help transfer their business?
    Shifting garbage is a sure way to ruin a budding career before it even gets the chance to see daylight.

Very well supported and yet autonomous at the same time. I am trusted and respected and allowed to build my business as

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsThe financial and professional support to build your own successful financial advising practice is amazing.

ConsIf you cannot self manage, this is not the job for you. Without some solid responsibility and self accountability muscles - you will struggle.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to stay the course. Perhaps create some management structure to help those who need to develop their ability to self manage. Waiting until they apmost fail is too late.

Stable company with growth opportunities.

Training Development Specialist (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsWorking at Edward Jones was a great first job experience. You have the opportunity to work closely with leaders to grow your skill sets. The firm also offers lots of classes for personal growth.

ConsThe company can be a bit stalwart and a little bit sterile. And, management often has a set plan and doesn't deviate even based on employee feedback.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees. Edward Jones is consistently listed as a best place to work. Continue to keep it that way by adapting the culture to suit employees' needs.

Great company

Prosthey really care about employees

Consi cant think of anything bad

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!

Edward Jones Videos

Edward Jones – Why Work for Us?

A More Personal Approach to Success You know the financial services industry, but you may not know Edward Jones. We are a unique industry leader known for our more personal approach to business. From locating… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edward Jones reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Edward Jones CEO Jim Weddle. All 840 reviews posted anonymously by Edward Jones employees.