Edward Jones

Edward Jones Managing Partner Jim Weddle

Jim Weddle

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Hardest work I've ever done

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)
Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou'll ultimately be given your own office to run with significant autonomy. A chance to build and run your own business with minimum interference. Technical support when called upon is generally positive, prompt, and quite helpful.

ConsCompensation is not as glowing as advertised. Significant dropout rate of new advisors in first 3 years. Lots of pressure for you to help recruit new advisors. Training geared towards selling rather than building strong portfolios for clients

Advice to Senior ManagementTendency to describe those who leave as slackers who just didn't work hard enough...as in, yes their is turnover but we're losing those who really weren't willing to do the work. Don't significantly raise goals in the midst of a significant economic downturn.

Thick Skin is Required

Financial Advisor (Former Employee)
Des Moines, IA

I worked at Edward Jones

ProsTheir is potential for a lot of upside in your compensation.
Can be very fulfilling experience.

ConsThe first few years will be the most difficult possible and you will feel like quiting 5/7 days a week.
This job require at least 80 hours of work a week; if you have a lot of family commitments this job may not be for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't Go Public and Don't Sell Out!

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!

Edward Jones Videos

Edward Jones – Why Work for Us?

A More Personal Approach to Success You know the financial services industry, but you may not know Edward Jones. We are a unique industry leader known for our more personal approach to business. From locating… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edward Jones reviews and ratings in Des Moines, IA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Edward Jones CEO Jim Weddle. All reviews posted anonymously by Edward Jones employees.