Edward Jones Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
3.7

Edward Jones Managing Partner Jim Weddle
Jim Weddle

Pros
  • If you choose the team carefully you can have a good work/life balance (in 36 reviews)

• Great training one of the best programs in the industry for training financial advisors (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • Out of date prospecting, door to door simply doesn't work in some areas (in 49 reviews)

• Door knocking was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life (in 63 reviews)

More Highlights

The best company I have ever had the privilege working for.

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros

Support, autonomy, pay, training. My experience has been fantastic. The people you work with are talented and hard working. Everyone in the field volunteers their time to help you succeed.

Cons

There is definitely some kool aid to drink but when the company pays this well and treats you like a king then what's not to like.

Keep it up!

This is a great company that cares about its clients and employees

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything at Jones is above board and ethical. If you work hard, do what you know you need to do, you can be very successful. There is no pressure to push one product or another, people do genuinely care about the clients, and anyone in the firm will help you.

The div trips are great, payout is good and getting better.

Cons

The door knocking model is not for the faint of heart. Everyone had to do it, so it does work, but it is exhausting.

We need marketing that appeals to more than the nickel and dime client. The old model of appealing to country folks needs drastic updating to appeal to the sophisticated urban/suburban clientele.

Service Specialist

Current Employee - Service Specialist II  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Service Specialist II in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a partnership and they know that they need to do good by their employees. My leaders consistently ask me what the company can do for me to make me feel like this is the best place to work. I love the culture and my coworkers.

Cons

Sometimes it's easy to get bogged down in the day to day operations. I wish there were more variety in my daily work. There is very little turnover in my area which means that there are some very senior associates and it is super hard sometimes to be placed on project teams in order to get experience for advancement.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Summer Experience

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edward Jones as an intern for less than a year

Pros

So hard to go over everything, but the best for sure is the experience you gain working directly with a Financial Advisor. The program is ran by people who truly want the best for you. Regardless of if you plan to follow this career path, it is an amazing summer where there is never a dull moment; I'd reccomend this internship to anyone looking to work in the field.

Cons

While the internship program tries their best to make sure you are constantly busy, there are some times when your advisor doesn't need your help and the program leaders don't have something for you to do. Also, some activities don't work for every intern; all offices are different.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Great people, great culture

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very friendly environment with leaders who set a purposeful vision. Good benefits, too.

Cons

Work-life balance has become an issue over the past couple of years.

No advice to share at this time.

I can't imagine working anywere else

Current Employee - Senior Branch Office Administrator  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Branch Office Administrator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great family/work life balance. I love working in a 2-3 person office...no office drama. The training provided is superb and should allow for anyone to succeed who has the drive. Pay, benefits and bonuses are competitive. I enjoy working with everyday people...Edward Jones focuses on the individual investor rather than the high net worth or institutional accounts. You really feel like you are making a difference in your clients' lives.

Cons

Little room for advancement for a non-financial advisor. Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task. If you aren't a good match for your Financial Advisor it can be an unpleasant work environment, and moving offices can be stressful.

Far exceeded my expectations

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Edward Jones as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Privately owned, so the business environment is so much different catering to both the employees and the clients
    FACD training program is world-class, there is nothing like it for recent college grads
    Lots of opportunities as average advisor age is about 50, and they are on track to hiring more than 1000 advisors a yr
    Compensation is what you make of it, your work will directly reflect in your pay. 100k to 300k a yr is normal in this company
    Very personal, stress face to face meetings with clients which they value so much. You will make many friends of them
    Diversification trips are one of many ways you are compensated as an FA, and the trips look absolutley amazing

Cons

Sort of old-fashioned in business plan but it works for them and creates more valued relationships
    Very hot when trying to door knock in the summer in Florida.

Great company

Current Employee - On-Call Branch Office Administrator  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - On-Call Branch Office Administrator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Edward Jones for more than 5 years

Pros

The company seems to offer competitive benefit packages. Their training program for both Financial Advisors and also BOA's, is impressive and easy to follow.

Cons

As a BOA, it seems difficult to transfer to the corporate office for career progression.

It would be nice to provide a career path for those BOA's interested in career progression.

The best training in the industry from a company that cares about your career.

Former Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training. High pass rate for Series 7 and 66 exams. You will always know what is expected of you and what you need to do to accomplish your goals as well as theirs. The job is tough, but Edward Jones will make sure you aren't alone.

Cons

The Edward Jones culture can be overwhelming at times. Also, you will be limited as to what you can provide for your clients, but most of what they truly need - you can provide.

So much consideration is given in the beginning of a career at Edward Jones, but once you are successful, the company will leave you alone. Sometimes this harsh transition can be difficult.

Can't imagine living a better life than I am with jones

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Independence to work as you please and do what is successful for your particular strengths
    -Income potential. I started straight out of college, taking over a very small book (less than 5 million), and didn't sell to any friends or family, yet still have made more than 100% of my friends every single year just by following Jones' recipe
    -Work life balance. I come in as I please and leave as I please
    -Pride in running your own office
    -satisfaction in truly making a difference in your clients lives (being that you truly do what's right for your clients)
    -traveling. Not only are the diversification trips unbelievable, but the summer regionals are very nice and the due diligence trips are great.

Cons

-Nepotism. Friends or family of regional leader or GPS always get the best situation.
    -Those that take over good situations always have the best advantage for leadership roles and partnership. I feel like they need to take what you take over onto consideration when giving out leadership roles

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!