Edward Jones Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
3.7

Edward Jones Managing Partner Jim Weddle
Jim Weddle

Pros
  • If you choose the team carefully you can have a good work/life balance (in 36 reviews)

• Great training one of the best programs in the industry for training financial advisors (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • Out of date prospecting, door to door simply doesn't work in some areas (in 49 reviews)

• Door knocking was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life (in 63 reviews)

More Highlights

The best training in the industry from a company that cares about your career.

Former Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training. High pass rate for Series 7 and 66 exams. You will always know what is expected of you and what you need to do to accomplish your goals as well as theirs. The job is tough, but Edward Jones will make sure you aren't alone.

Cons

The Edward Jones culture can be overwhelming at times. Also, you will be limited as to what you can provide for your clients, but most of what they truly need - you can provide.

So much consideration is given in the beginning of a career at Edward Jones, but once you are successful, the company will leave you alone. Sometimes this harsh transition can be difficult.

Best Job I have ever had

Current Employee - On-Call Branch Office Administrator  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - On-Call Branch Office Administrator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Edward Jones part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Only have to work with one person in office. Work life balance is right on. The benefits are amazing.

Cons

The pay is very low for a BOA position. Should be higher because of the amount of work you do compared to the amount of work the FA does.

Make salaries more desireable.

My experience as a Financial Advisor Intern

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern

I have been working at Edward Jones as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-Make your own hours
    -Get to leave your office to meet with clients
    -Personable business
    -No limit to your income
    -Never get bored because you are always trying to grow your business, and there are always ways to get involved more in the company.
    -Great business to have in the long run because all you work you have put in is paying off. You are able to work a 20 hour week if you desire.
    -The ability to make partner.

Cons

As an intern it was confusing to me in the aspect that I didn't know if I worked under the BOA. She has more experience and knowledge than me, and I can learn from her but at the same time I'm a Financial Advisor Intern and I get paid more than the BOA. (Which the BOA was aware of and not happy about)
    This also caused an awkard situation because she would see that I get taken out to lunch with the other FA's and have more privledges and it did not sit well with her because I was just an intern coming straight from college and only working here 2 months.

I am truely grateful for this amazing experience. It is one of the best out there. From the compensation to the personal growth, it is an all around great program. The request I would make is that the BOA's not be aware of the compensation that FA Interns receive. In my situation I get paid more than my BOA. So you can imagine this created a bit of an awkward situation. I believe the compensation is well justified because I am living away from home and paying high month-to-month rent to live 2 months in my apartment.
    I also wish I could have recieved some type of reimbursement for the tolls I paid to visit other financial advisors. Other than that I believe EJ is a great company, and I would be honored to work here.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Branch Office Admin

Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Charleston, SC

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very supportive of office staff. Great work / life balance. Edward Jones loves its family oriented culture.

Cons

FA's are given priority over BOAs. Some BOA are actually treated quite badly by their FAs and corporate does very little about this.

Makes you want to get the most out of your abilities

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Edward Jones as an intern for less than a year

Pros

They hire incredible people to work throughout the company. The compensation is great if you put in the work and they greatly incentivize you through their travel program that allows you to see the world

Cons

It can be a grind early on as you build your business. Long term benefits however signifigantly outweigh all of the early struggles

As the company grows, continue to hire the quality of candidates that they have hired in the past

Great company, great benefits and good pay

Former Employee - Financial Advisor  in  La Crosse, WI
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in La Crosse, WI

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They really do care about you as a person. The culture is very family orientated and others will help to make sure you succeed. You are able to make your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want as long as your are profitable. You get paid fairly for helping others.

Cons

Lower payout structure than some other firms but they make up for it in what they provide you.

Better explain to advisors what they are getting for the commission you keep. The fact that they pay for your rent, assistant, utilities, marketing materials, etc greatly out ways a higher payout. Just wish I new that before I left the company and went independent.

Provided hands-on experience to college student throughout summer!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Edward Jones as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Hands-on experience
    Future Full-Time Opportunities
    Stayed busy
    Paid internship
    Able to work directly with clients
    Networking Opportunities

Cons

Experience could depend on the the Host Financial Advisor
    Many phone calls to be made
    Can be challenging if you aren't confident in speaking with strangers

Enjoyed my time...

I worked at Edward Jones

Pros

Edward Jones offered employee training.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Great company to work for!

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people were always helpful, work/life balance was good, the culture was good. Overall good place to work.

Cons

Pay was okay, could be better. They seem to lag behind other large firms when it comes to the systems that they use.

Keep your staff in the loop of things.

Work/Life balance is awesome. Good people to work with.

Former Employee - Paralegal  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work/Life balance, good people, value advancement of associates with initiative, good culture

Cons

Management, compensation, poor decision making

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!