Edward Jones

Edward Jones Managing Partner Jim Weddle

Jim Weddle

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Look beyond the numbers so Financial Advisors can succeed

Financial Advisor (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCan learn very much in a short period of time.

ConsLittle support or encouragement. Too much empohasis on the investment they have in you and little acknowledgemnt or care of the investment you have in them. No opportunity for advancemnt for BOA or FA.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider getting a new "secret weapon". It's not realistic to expect existing financial advisors to "mentor" new advisors. Most are in competition with new advisors and do not have the time nor the skill set to provide simple encouragement.They just want the brownie points for mentoring and no accountibility for actually helping. Big reason for the turnover is burnout and total lack of encouragement. From my experience, under performing adviors are ususally very thoughtful and not doing the right work (too much admin and hand holding) and work their tail off for the firm for very low pay. To have a FA Support division who only reaches out when a FA needs a performance warning is ineffective. These leaders should regularly reach out with a few kind words. Surely they can find something complimentary to say. Isnt that a leader? Where else would this encouragement come form? Who hurts when you fire advisors after several years of nurturing a busness? The people you claim to care so much about, the clients. Its not hard to be genuine in helping advisors succeed. The answers are not always in your numbers.

No Freredom

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Edward Jones

ProsTraining was fine. Advisors were nice.

ConsLack of freedom to run your business.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot one size fits all

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!

Edward Jones Videos

Edward Jones – Why Work for Us?

A More Personal Approach to Success You know the financial services industry, but you may not know Edward Jones. We are a unique industry leader known for our more personal approach to business. From locating… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edward Jones reviews and ratings in Washington, DC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Edward Jones CEO Jim Weddle. All reviews posted anonymously by Edward Jones employees.