Edward Rose Reviews

1 Rating

1. Call Center Work

Former Employee - Help Desk in Portage, MI
    Former Employee - Help Desk in Portage, MI

I worked at Edward Rose full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, good training, flexible hours.

Cons

No growth potential for long term career, Leadership often overlooks achievements, lack of promotions.

Grow staff and give them opportunities for advancement.

2. Avoid this company, especially the Indiana arm..

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Edward Rose full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company will reel you in with their private planes, suits, decent compensation, and fancy corporate office. However, I would highly recommend avoiding this company.

Cons

Outdated policies and procedures, does not care for its employees/vendors/residents, only concerned with profits, no support from upper management, forced to spend your own money and reimbursement takes 3-6 months, lack of vision, no training, lack of resources, upper management micro manages every second of your day however offers no support, their proprietary software makes completing simple tasks take weeks.

3. Good company for someone who thrives on stress management.

Current Employee - Resident Manager in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Resident Manager in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Edward Rose full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have established great relationships with coworkers and contacts associated with the property . The company has a great 401K match and I have the potential to stay until I retire.

Cons

I have experienced very minimum support from the corporate level. They are insensitive to the needs of employees on all levels. There has been very little educational value to add to my employment history. I am required to live on a crime ridden property and have very little down time which is needed in order to function as a happy, satisfied employee. I get the feeling that I have little value to this company. There appears to be a lot of hostility at the corporate level and at times filters down to the site level. Everyone seems to want to lay blame on the manager and not take the responsibility to accept their own part in creating the discord. There is no chain of command so all departments are demanding that they be addressed immediately. The pay scale is below market norm and they provide very little benefit compensation.

My advise to management is to develop a more professional attitude towards site level employees. I would also raise the compensation as to be in line with other companies. Not every property is created equal. Some are much more stressful and harmful to the employee both physically and mentally. I would take the recommendations from site employees seriously and not wait until the site is suffering before deciding to take measures to improve standards. There are many very unhappy employees who will (or have) left the company because they feel taken for granted and not appreciated. As i have been told, "No one is irreplaceable", in other words "You have no value". I would suggest regular evaluations and pay increases at least to keep up rising costs of living. If you feel that an employee is not deserving of a pay increase, then that needs to be addressed and either participate in improvement of the employee or let them go. To be overlooked by supervisors in order to justify saving money is shameful.

5. Corporate could care less

I worked at Edward Rose

Pros

It's a job. You get a discount on their apartments. If corporate doesn't figure it out, you can get free basic cable. Even with a lot of cons, if you're a good employee, on site management will stick up for you against the corporate bosses.

Cons

There isn't a lot of grace with employees. Corporate doesn't thank anyone. They only point out your errors. Not a lot of discipline until corporate is mad about them. Coworkers can be really great. There was a lot of gossip, though. Leasing consultants can't express how poor the only internet option for the complex is.

Try to show more appreciation for your employees. Threats of firing people aren't the encouragement they need.

6. Office

I worked at Edward Rose full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pretty good company to work for

Cons

There is an extreme amount of redtape

Horrible Company, unless you're at corporate!

Former Employee - Resident Manager in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Resident Manager in Novi, MI

I worked at Edward Rose full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Corporate employees are treated well.

Cons

There are really to many cons to list. On-Site Managers get away with murder, so to speak. Many employees lack professionalism and have no pride in their work.

Care about who you hire and how they are treating your employees and residents.

8. N/A

I have been working at Edward Rose

Pros

Free apartment, gas reimbursement, some of the people

Cons

No medical benefits, relocation, pay, lack of drug testing

9. As good as they come in the apartment industry!

Former Employee - Property Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Edward Rose full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fair compensation, Training, Travel, Advancement Opportunities, Benefits, Care about their employees.

Cons

Disconnect between site and upper management at times, long hours due to large amount of work but, fairly compensated for this.

10. Not the worst, but not the best

I worked at Edward Rose full-time

Pros

Friendly staff, great sales experience, decent pay, works will student schedule

Cons

Poorly managed, Lack of respect and care from management at times.

Avoid this company at all costs

I have been working at Edward Rose full-time

Pros

Nothing positive comes from Edward Rose of Inidiana!

Cons

Corporate office management is horrible. They talk to their employees like they are dirt. There is very little communication. Employees are not given the tools to do their jobs and are still expected to perform. Edward Rose of Indiania goes through more employees than I do underwear and they think nothing of it. You are not allowed to have a personal life in this company. If you want to work 24/7 and be riduculed no matter what this is the place for you! Maybe they need to take a look in the mirror at the top.

If my name was Rose I would definately look into what is going on in the Indiana division because they are truly hurting the Rose name.