Edwards Brothers

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Edwards

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI really enjoyed working for this company. The culture is very friendly and family oriented and I felt like management cared about my well being. Very good work/life balance, I was able to modify my hours to work around my children.

Senior management is doing everything in their power to keep the company profitable during the decline in the industry and prices. Printing companies are falling by the minute and I believe Edwards Brothers is in a position to come out of this industry downturn on top. That being said, it won't be easy (and it hasn't with wage cuts and consolidation), but its necessary for the company to prosper. I don't believe employees give management enough credit.

ConsNot very many opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities to employees for advancement.

Used to be good workplace

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsNothing good here since merger

ConsNon caring management
    Cut employee salaries & expected same work to be done
    Cut MANY long term employees, many with over 30 years loyalty
    Lies to employees & expects respect

Advice to Senior ManagementHonor your loyal, long term employees, if any are left. Stop using the ones you have left, asking them to do at least 2 extra jobs. If you had not cut so many long term, loyal positions you may have gotten more respect. You have used so many people to get where you are & now they are unemployed. How dare you treat people this way, after they gave so much. This merger did not make a bright future for anyone related to this company.

Loved working at this company.. at first

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsI loved the family atmosphere and the fact that employees would stay, grow and retire from the same company. Everyone knew each other and seemed to really care about one another.

ConsAs the company's structure changed it lost the family atmosphere and became colder and more corporate feeling.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back some of the old traditions and remain loyal to your long-term employees. They are what makes the company such a great place.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

keeps getting worse

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

Prosthey say family is important

Conswages keep getting cut while cost of living keeps getting higher

Advice to Senior Managementlose some of the layers - way too much management compared to workers

If you are a gluten for punishment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lillington, NC

ProsThere is not a lot to say about this company. If you are a man than you will go far, but women are used and not payed very much

Consexpect more work and given little pay

Advice to Senior Managementneed new management

Management and planning needs a lot of improvement

Binder (Current Employee)

ProsWork is very easy and laid back

ConsNo opportunity for advancement, no raises or bonuses

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should have more knowledge of how to run a facility

Worked for Edwards Brothers? Contribute to the Community!