Edwards Lifesciences

Be The First To
Add Photos

Edwards Lifesciences Chairman and CEO Michael A. Mussallem

Michael A. Mussallem

Pros
  • there are a lot of great people here, have made some friends for life(in 6 reviews)

• There are some amazingly talented people working for Edwards, which is why they lead in innovative products(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Critical Care Business unit is poorly managed and needs a new leader(in 7 reviews)

• No work life balance and no worker appreciation(in 4 reviews)

Glad I was there but glad to be gone!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsWonderful mission that Edwards employees live and breath. State of the art products that made me really proud to be a part of the overall plan.

ConsEmployees are extremely clickish and very competitive - kinda like high school (and HS life was awhile ago). Glad that I worked there wouldn't want to work there again! High pressure.

Good company to learn as many faces professionals

Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) Anasco, PR

ProsMost of the employees are very nice people.

ConsThe work is temporary and it takes a long time to promote the employees

Good company culture to work in

ProsLove how the company is trying to be conservative and environmental-friendly... the park, gym, basketball court, volleyball, cafeteria! Everyone is nice and helpful, never have I seen rude employees, good job HR!

ConsCompany uses third party hiring firm for which they take a percentage off the paycheck.. I could've made more with direct-hire by Edwards than be contracted through this firm, but I know there's a hiring limit per department.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my department, it's kind of disorganized in terms of files, both hard copy and digital. There needs to be better management of placing files into proper folders on the network.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Contracts Administrator

ProsGreat product. They truly care about the patients.

ConsManagement needs to have a 'hands-on' at all times.

Manager thought he was very intelligent, but many would like to tell him otherwise.

ProsCompany does a great job taking care of their people. Benefits are very good and if you move into a management position the pay is great also. The R&D folks work hard, from what I observed and innovation is fostered.

ConsThere are many inexperienced people promoted at this company. With this, there are many directors, but not enough worker bees to get everything done. The company is heavily populated with engineers, but many of them are contracted. The company has a tendency to have good sized layoffs starting every fall, this includes contracted workers and permanent employees. As with many companies, there are way too many repetitive meetings and people who are afraid to make a decision. Most likely due to the inexperience.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more Business Minded people and those who are intimate with the FDA for Regulatory/Quality positions.

material handler

Material Handler (Former Employee) Sandy, UT

Prosmost of the ppl there are the nicest you work with

Consworking with Supervisor that lie about your hard working.

Advice to Senior Managementlook closer. i love working there intell they let me go for the dums supervisor. that dose not know what they are doing

Very innovative company with a highly dynamic CEO

ProsProducts, CEO, People, Corporate Office ,Purpose

ConsCulture is counterproductive leading to in-fighting, posturing and job dissatisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at BU leadership. Create a culture of fostering a positive environment where there is true collaboration and not one of internal competition.

Great company

Observer (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsPeople are really really nice

ConsI can't think of any disappointment

Advice to Senior ManagementRock on

Avoid if possible

ProsThey do offer good benefits.

ConsNew management doesn't have a clue how to fix the issues the company faces. Because of recent moves, trust in upper management is at an all time low. Working 60 hour weeks is the new 40.

Focuses too much on appearance and not enough on the actual company integrity

ProsSeems like an upscale company that cares about employees on the outside. Nice campus.

ConsIncompetent managers and very heavy business politics. Borderline unethical. Cares too much about reputation but operations are falling apart on day to day basis. Many incompetent engineers and too much money invested in poorly designed products.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove operations and invest more to improve products and manufacturing, employ more resources in sustaining operations. It's all talk, live up to the standards you brag about.

Worked for Edwards Lifesciences? Contribute to the Community!