Edwin Gould Service for Children

Add Photos

Aubrey Featherstone

Executive Assistant

Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsFlexibility, good benefits family orientated

ConsAgency does not promote within

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

Edwin Gould Foundation

Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNonprofit foundation with an endowment that helps poor and underserved NY city kids by supporting organizations that line up with their mission to close the education achievement gap

ConsNot much employee interaction in this closed enviroment of only 5 or 6 employees. Management has prying eyes into your computer use and will confront you about sites you visit if they feel they want to. There is no visual or audio privacy for admins who sit in the midst of this inner sanctum surrounded by higher ups who have offices. Admins and staff are preferred to be much younger because CEO is a "mothering" type who prys and offers unsolicited advice. Be prepared to add domestic duties like serving lunch, cleaning up break area and after board meetings (loading dishwasher) and restocking pantry to your administrative duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementSave the judgmental and busybody mothering for your own children...not appropriate or appreciated in the work environment.

It wad a very challenging job and work environment.

Caseplanner (Former Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsThere was foot support from my supervisors and supportive team work from my co worker's

ConsAt times there was no understanding for the needs of the workers in time of personal emergenciesl

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This agency is really committed to helping families.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsThis agency is genuinely committed to helping families and they are good to their staff. The executive management regularly communicates with staff and makes everyone feel respected.

ConsThis is a non profit organization so the salaries are low. Also, this is a small agency so there are few opportunities for advancement.

Cliques and Politics Get In The Way

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe team that I worked with was small. So the possibility of exchanging thoughts and ideas on how to improve our work as a team was could happen.

ConsThe flip side: since the team was small, cliques formed. Manipulation and politics still prevailed. It appeared that the supervisor was ill-equipped to effectively deal with this, or simply refused to see howmembers of the team were increasingly dismissed and isolated ....despite great work.

Also, the benefits package and pay really suck!

Worked for Edwin Gould Service for Children? Contribute to the Community!