Efinancial
efinancial.com Bellevue, WA 150 to 499 Employees

Efinancial Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Michael Rowell

Make great money with integrity and salesmanship

I have been working at Efinancial full-time

ProsRelaxed dress code, good lead sourcing, great product selection, very intelligent co-worker's and management. This career is not for unmotivated negative people just look for a job. Your career is to come to work and be an expert on helping families obtain valuable insurance protection. Managers will help you succeed..

ConsWatching unmotivated co-workers blame the company vs their inability to make sales. Problems in your personal life must be put aside until you leave your desk because the customer will sense if your upset or nervous. A positive attitude as much as possible does work well.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more level whole life policies like the competitors.

Inconsistent management

Case Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Efinancial full-time for less than a year

Prosas long as you are meeting your numbers the managers leave you alone

ConsManagers are not open to feedback. So much that employees are afraid to come to them with concerns. the managers seem like they don't care about their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to actually manage your employees! Get involved with your staff to try to develop your employees. Also, going home 4 hours early every day makes you look lazy.

Tough place to start

Business Development Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Efinancial full-time for less than a year

ProsPay is decent, employees are young and friendly, some managers are cool

Consupper management has no idea what they are doing, rarely a chance to get promoted and there is only one step above BDR position, benefits are not great at all

Advice to Senior Managementactually train your employees to become better salesman instead of just leaving them out there with no clue what to do

Great For a While

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Efinancial full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat job to start a career with, but not a career.

ConsTraining, pay structure, commissions, some managers and potential customers.

There's a reason they have annual turnover of about 90%

Salesperson (Former Employee)

I worked at Efinancial full-time for less than a year

ProsIn the trenches so much with your coworkers so long that you develop great friendships.

Wages are 'ok' if you are 22 years old with no college education.
Lots of pump up music and free redbull to keep your BP in the red.
Never a lack of management keep an eye on your every move, every call, every bathroom break.

ConsSince merger, fun and higher wages have been sucked out the room.
Management plays favorites, lies about not playing favorites.
Dependent on leads they give you and not all leads are created equal.
Kept in the dark and treated poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave CEO make eye contact with sales employees maybe once in a while.

Great to make good money quick

Account Executive (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Efinancial full-time for more than a year

ProsYou are able to quickly make a good living. The ramp up period can be very short if you work hard.

ConsHard to advance in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with advancement plans for your employees

Good place to start not great to grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Efinancial full-time

ProsGreat place to see if you can handle sales.

ConsVery basic sales process. More of a turn and burn atmosphere. The "hot leads" are people that play games on facebook and eFinancial buys their personal info.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not micro manage

Another dishonest insurance company

I have been working at Efinancial as a contractor for less than a year

ProsCasual dress; the pay can be decent if you don't mind the repetitive nature of the job; easy and fast hiring process

ConsUndervalued employees; lack of authority when it comes to anything other than an individual's sales performance; favoritism; managers bully employees; no management experience required for management positions; dishonesty and product misrepresentation is encouraged; drug deals between employees and managers occur on floor and on the clock

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more professional; take some management seminars

Better days are behind this company

I have been working at Efinancial full-time for more than a year

ProsSmart people have come and gone. A lot of promises, but rarely does anything come true.

ConsWhy are there so few tenured employees? Moral is low and has been. Most people are looking for other jobs. Management and HR know this, its not a secret. Executive team says a lot of exciting change is coming, but keep an eye on whether any of it actually happens and if it actually plays out like it's suppose to. Great in theory, but will it be revolutionary or even relevant when that time comes?

Advice to Senior ManagementStop misleading people. Stop the favoritism. Look at how many people have come and gone from this company....that should be a reflection of how well the leadership is doing. Every manager in this company has lost more people on their team then they currently supervise. The direction from the top is wrong, hire someone who understands how to run a company. Let visionaries be visionaries and people who know how to run a company step in and do it or this company will continue to just stay afloat and ultimately get unplugged by Board of Directors.

BDR

I have been working at Efinancial

ProsFun atmosphere, if you want to play and not make money

ConsThe worst management I have ever been a part of. Over promises and no follow through. Very political management structure. Chop shop at its finest. If you are looking for a professional setting this is not for you. They will sell you on the training to be an agent but it is all smoke n mirrors.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advise to management but to owner, get rid of managers. They are scandalous and will lie to your face.

Worked for Efinancial? Contribute to the Community!

Efinancial Videos

Efinancial – Why Work for Us?

Efinancial.com was founded to provide insurance consumers quick, easy access to their life insurance policy. Back in 2001, Founder and CEO Michael Rowell thought that Life Insurance could be sold over the internet/phone… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Efinancial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Efinancial CEO Michael Rowell. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by Efinancial employees.