Egencia

Egencia Reviews

Updated May 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Positive place to work, good company

Travel Agent (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

Prosgood benefits, good company culture

Consworking from home and not being part of a team

Egencia, part of Expedia, is a technology company, not a travel company.

Manager (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsGood benefits, compensation fair if you've been acquired, but much better if you're coming into the company new.

ConsTough corporate culture. Everyone's climbing over each other to get to the next rung on the ladder

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to work people out and utilize the talents that you have

Travel Consultant Agent

Travel Agent (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsAssist customers regarding booking /cancel or reschedule their reservation, also quote different price on fares , resolve customers needs and problems, etc.

ConsTheir really no downside with Egencia, the only thing we really need to focus on is need good
    insurance benefits.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at Egencia has been an adventure.

Travel Agent (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI am disabled and they have accommodated all the requests I have made.

ConsMicro management, disorganized, lack of a proper business strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's get organized and efficient.

Work with the friendliest bunch of incompetent backstabbers

Prefer Not to Answer (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThere's good travel benefits (hotels only - not car rentals or airline tickets).

Unfortunately, there's really no more plus side than that.

Cons- You won't get paid much - in fact, they will exploit you. And no, the travel deals don't make up for it. The other benefits just get worse over the years.
    - They seem friendly, but in reality they will play a whole lot of highschool games because they are bored and not actually doing their jobs.
    - You will hate working in a super crowded environment. Everyone is piled on top of each other. There's no longer a common area where people can relax. They went from open cubes to an open office the other year. It's like a rat's nest.
    - Perception matters a lot more than reality. If you just show up to a big meeting, that counts far and above you getting any real work done.
    - Leadership is fake and has been poisoned by people coming in from Microsoft. They are horrible backstabbers who do not add any value. They have terrible values. They exploit hard working employees and then lay them off. Politics and butt-kissing means everything to them.
    - Leadership is always "rah-rah-ing" and never follows up with real, significant changes. They will tell you something will change for the better, then never implement it.
    - Most misogynist and backwards company I have ever worked for. If you are a woman, you will NOT rise up in the company. You have NO chance. Better to just cut your losses and leave.
    - Acts like a startup. Shoots from the hip instead of having any processes.

Advice to Senior Management- Get rid of all former Microsoftees. They are absolute poison.
    - Stop pressuring employees to vote for Egencia and Expedia as the BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR. It's not. That must be earned, not beaten into employees in a fascist way.
    - Do what you say. Stop with the two-facedness.
    - Stop treating your money like it's Monopoly money.
    - Stop acting like this is a startup. The organization is 11 years old and has zero processes. It's one of the most inefficient places I've ever worked.
    - Just because you were first in the travel technology game, doesn't mean you'll be the last to survive. Expedia and Egencia are riding on a very old horse. Instead of innovating, they rest on their laurels. The competition is better than you and is catching up.
    - Support women - the turnover rate with women is high because they know they have nowhere to go.

Working for Egencia is such a treat!

Travel Agent (Current Employee)

ProsForward thinking company, great colleagues, and awesome technology.

ConsI don't have any cons.

Very bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only positive is that most of the companies that use Egencia probably don't know how bad it is on the inside.

ConsManagement, management, management! At least 7 re-orgs in 2-years with no positive results...

Management intern's experience with Egencia

Management Intern (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsExcellent work culture and great work life balance

ConsDifficult entry for non IT visa holders

Never! Never

Senior International Travel Counselor (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

Prosadvance technology worked well most of the time

Conssenior management was sad to say the least

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the right people and pay a decent wage!

Expedia is Ok to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

Prosemployees are friendly. fairly laid back working environment

Constoo much management involvement with teams to get their jobs done. Executive leadership is too inexperienced and immature to be leading a company.

Advice to Senior Managementbring in more experienced leadership and leaders who are not self centered

Worked for Egencia? Contribute to the Community!