Egnyte

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Vineet Jain

David competing with Goliaths

Architect (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsFast paced startup competing against giants like Box/Dropbox and now Gdrive,zocalo. Work is challenging and you need to wear multiple hats. Minimal bureaucracy and a very flat hierarchy in engineering.

Consnone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus is the key. We should make the product a little simple by removing unused or barely used features.

Never A Dull Moment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsConstructive Work Environment, Approachable Upper Management, Friendly Co-workers, Nice Benefits, Fast Paced, Good Perks, Nice Hours, Up to date office, feeling like part of a team,

ConsDon't have that much to say about Egnyte in a negative way. Wish i would have received a little more training about the product, but its easily picked up along the way.

Advice to Senior ManagementProduct demo training from the start

Think enterprise cloud, think Egnyte

Product Manager (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsThe biggest pro for me is that this company has a very clear thought leadership; it has correctly identified the cloud file-sharing problem at an enterprise-scale. Its solution architecture is well thought out and answers all the pertinent questions for an enterprise customer considering cloud storage as another tier. To me, this is the fundamental driver for a technology-driven company. Get your basics right.

Added to this, it has a management team that fully understands the growth potential of this technology and is willing to stand by it; having worked in multiple companies including startups, I know by now how companies start with a solution architecture that gets worked and reworked over time which leads to unnecessary time and cost overheads. The management team is fully backed by an outstanding board and that tells a lot.

Finally at the grass-roots, the execution team has all that it takes to deliver. It is really gratifying to work in an environment where you know that you are heard and believe that you are making a positive difference.

ConsCloud storage technology is a crowded space and there are lots of players with different product offerings. You have to stay ahead of the curve not just from a product perspective, but also as an individual you need to challenge and push yourself to do more than just your charter. This might work for some people, but may not work for some others.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the best sales environment, they deem everyone expendable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsCool new office, some good people there. Has potential for the market they are in. VP of products (Rajesh Ram) is awesome.

ConsSales management is very negative towards the sales team. Manage by fear and being passive aggressive. Does not believe in work life balance. If you are not working the weekend on the last weekend of the month then you are not committed to to the cause.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally need some new folks in there with experience trying to get a company to the next level. Learn to appreciate the employees you have, not berate them and talk down to them. Does not make a good work environment.

Horrendous place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo Pros for this company, horrible

Conscheap company, tough space to sell in
    A nice to have product not a must to have
    Enterprise team virtually sells nothing
    No spiffs for sales rep only plastic medales, very lame.

Advice to Senior Managementtime to act like a maturing company, hurry up and get acquired

Exciting, always Buzzing, never a dull moment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsYou can really stretch your legs. Meaning, there are so many opportunities for an employee to be able to make an impact!

ConsNot enough hours in a day to make things happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementFull speed ahead!

Continually provides opportunities to advance careers

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsI love the people I work with and the opportunities I have been given to take next steps in my career. There is never a dull moment here at Egnyte.

ConsThere is always more work to do so it can be a bit overwhelming at times. I prefer to think of this as a benefit since I have never been bored at work.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take your foot off the gas pedal.

Hot startup offering career growth with great people in a fun workplace.

Management (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsI can't wait to get to work everyday. The job is exciting, our space is hot and everyone here is contributing to our explosive growth.

ConsThe office needs a major upgrade. We're bursting at the seems with all this hiring and I'm looking for to getting into our new headquarters.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the steady inflow of fresh talent, especially in the management and engineering ranks.

Lots of possibilities!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros-Great team, passionate people
    -Fun environment
    -Excited about our market and the problems we solve
    -Phenomenal customer base
    -You are not just your position/Many people have moved to different roles based on interest/aptitude.

Cons-So much to do, just wish there was more time in the day.
    -Growing quickly, like everyone else have to manage through the growing pains.

Advice to Senior Management-More leagues/team events outside of work! Can't play softball all year round!

This company is going places - get a front row seat

Marketing (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsMany growth opportunities. Love coming in everyday to be a part of this ride. Having been around startups, don't take this for granted. The energy and sense of teamwork in the company is what does it for me.

ConsNot enough hours in the day...there are so many things to do. Prioritization and focus can be challenging at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are kicking butt...keep at it. Look forward to a new bigger office soon.

Worked for Egnyte? Contribute to the Community!