Egon Zehnder

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Egon Zehnder CEO Rajeev Vasudeva

Rajeev Vasudeva

Pros
  • Manageable work hours, work-life balance is great (in 3 reviews)

• Some good benefits, which can be found elsewhere also (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, they do not have fixed career path like in other organisations, so the promotions don't come easily (in 5 reviews)

• Mind numbingly boring, no room for growth (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent place to begin career

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe company offers top class benefits and they express genuine interest in the well being of employees. People are fun to work with and the work can (sometimes) be interesting. Often fast-paced, which keeps things from becoming droll.

ConsPay is so-so and raises are minimal. Bonuses are hit or miss. There is little to no ladder to climb. As an assistant there is almost no hope of moving up. As a Researcher there is possibility to advance, but there is a ceiling. You cannot become a consultant by working here. Consultants are hired from outside and they all have 15+ years of experience and an advanced degree. This is a place to gain experience, not a place to build a long-term career.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore financial motivation (i.e. fairer raises and bonuses) and more opportunity for advancement might improve work productivity and motivation and increase retention rates.

Worst work environment I have ever experienced

Administrative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe only pros to working at EZI is location and paid benefits.

ConsToo many to list. This is without a doubt the most dysfunctional work environment I have ever experienced. Lots of OT with no appreciation of work/life balance. Interoffice hooligans going on with affairs and inappropriate behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementWon't waste my time because management has no desire to change structure/behavior.

Amazing Opportunity

ProsThe company itself holds a large market share of the executive search industry.

ConsLack of technical experience provided

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter vertical mobility

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good exposure to new industries, functions, networks; No long-term mobility/growth though

Research Analyst (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat consultant networks to leverage, wonderful benefits program

ConsBad pay, tons of inner political drama, terrible upward mobility for researchers

Great company if you like consulting

Research Associate (Current Employee)

ProsI work on fascinating client assignments and meet interesting people in the process of finding the right executives for my clients.

ConsThe research career path is limited and becoming a consultant is not possible.

Now know what not to do.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsReasonable hours, nice coworkers, good location

ConsMind numbingly boring, no room for growth

Was not for me. Lots of boring work. Lots of hard work.

Research Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosyou learn a lot. people are very nice. work with strategic people and big time clients. They are making changes and trying to make things better in regards to moving up

ConsNot great team work. you get to work with really experienced people but also you are so far away from their experience that you end up not getting a lot of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlay to analyst strengths.

Summer Analyst

Summer Analyst (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat Pay, nice people to work with.

ConsLots of micromanagement. The work is pretty boring, very mundane and lots of data entry. Hope you like linkedin.

Work hard, no speaking. Think of your typical "Office Space" setting

No room for growth. You can work as hard as you want, and maybe after 15 years you'll become a Research Director, but good luck ever becoming a Consultant.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're all very nice people. Nothing bad to report about you, but I guess the industry is very boring by its nature.

Standard varies from office to office

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInternational company. Feels like family. Easy work as restricted by role description. Young team. Good benefits. Decent office space.

ConsNo potential for personal growth. Strict hierarchy. No leadership due to set up of company structure. Partner owned concept.

Great culture, great learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEgon Zehnder's US offices have great workplace culture with professional, friendly researchers. Working there is a huge opportunity for professional growth and gaining a variety of experience across different industries.

ConsEgon Zehnder is a very horizontal organization; researchers can take on more responsibilities within research but there is no path toward consulting within the company.

Worked for Egon Zehnder? Contribute to the Community!