Egon Zehnder

3.3

Egon Zehnder CEO Rajeev Vasudeva
Rajeev Vasudeva
1 Rating

Pros
  • Manageable work hours, work-life balance is great (in 3 reviews)

• Some good benefits, which can be found elsewhere also (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, they do not have fixed career path like in other organisations, so the promotions don't come easily (in 5 reviews)

• Mind numbingly boring, no room for growth (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Sustained positive experience of 25+ years

Former Employee - Partner in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Partner in New York, NY

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked as a consultant for Egon Zehnder International for over 25 years until my retirement, the bulk of which was as a Partner. For me the firm has provided a perfect career opportunity to grow from a novice search consultant to a seasoned professional. I got a chance to work with, learn from, and absorb the value system of global, extremely collaborative, client service oriented Partnership, made up of some of the smartest people I have ever worked with. The firm has been more consistent in its philosophy, its values and its style than most organizations I have observed.

Cons

The biggest challenge for the firm is the difficulty of maintaining the standards and values propagated by its founder that sustained a small group of handpicked people working together on a ever growing and ever more globalized scale..

Maintain the common core values (across locations psanning all continents) of the firm and the partnership as propagated by Egon for future generations of support staff, consultants and partners.

Amazing Opportunity

I have been working at Egon Zehnder

Pros

The company itself holds a large market share of the executive search industry.

Cons

Lack of technical experience provided

Better vertical mobility

good

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Delhi (India)

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

overall culture and workplace environment to be precise

Cons

nothing in general to be precise as its a good place overall

nothing

Great Company!

Former Employee - Research Analyst Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Research Analyst Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Egon Zehnder as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The culture at Egon Zehnder is fantastic. Consultants and analysts at different offices around the world work together in order to deliver optimal results to clients. The internship experience at the firm is absolutely phenomenal and one of the best professional experiences I have ever had. The firm invests significant time and money to integrate the interns into the firm and provides extensive training which I really appreciated. I also enjoyed the wide range of tasks and projects I was assigned and all the incredibly intelligent people with whom I had the opportunity to interact.

Cons

At times I disagreed with the research approach of several team members on projects, but am unsure as to how specific that is to Egon Zehnder and not simply the consulting field in general.

I think creating a greater bridge between the research analyst and consultant positions at the firm in terms of client-site interaction and responsibility would allow for significantly greater talent retention at the research analyst level.

most fulfilling porfessional experience in my career

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Egon Zehnder

Pros

The one firm structure makes it very easy to serve clients around the world, with no internal arguments about aloction of fees.
    The compensation structure encourages great sharing of information both inside offices and between offices,
    The firm has much higher ethical standards than other search firms - we take off limits very seriously
    The fee structure, fixed rather than contingent, puts us firmly on the side of clients, rather than trying to just close the assignemnt on anyone.

Cons

Given the importance of the assignments we work on to our clients, they understandably have high expectations and hence we feel under pressure to deliver on tight deadlines which makes the work quite stressful, but that is what all senior level professional advisory firms experience.

Continue to apply very high standards to all sorts of internal recruitment and ensure that we are clear about our values and our business model so we attract peolple who will thrive in this environment.

It has been a rewarding experience as I feel very much a partner to my superiors.

Current Employee - Research Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Egon Zehnder

Pros

The benefits are fantastic, I feel very much a partner to consultants, and they are very supportive of a strong work-life balance.

Cons

At this time there is a fairly low ceiling for the Research Track.

Two Thumbs-Up!

Former Employee - Research Analyst
    Former Employee - Research Analyst

I worked at Egon Zehnder

Pros

1. Great work environment! Very positive people around & a sense of well being promoted across the company.
    2. The senior management is very concerned about employee needs & regard everyone with respect.
    3. Manageable work hours, work-life balance is great.
    4. Ample of opportunities to grow as an individual and main self esteem.
    5. Team work promoted. People work for improvement rather than ego!
    6. Good employee rewards and HR policies

Cons

1. Poor compensation structure.
    2. Promotions on paper (designation) not too frequent.

EZIRS should revise the compensation structure. The attrition rate is mainly due to poor compensation structure!

EZI is a great place for recent undergrads

Current Employee - Research
    Current Employee - Research

I have been working at Egon Zehnder

Pros

EZI provides undergrads with a broad view of issues relating to companies and industries. The work is highly consultantive and allows an individual the ability to grow critical thinking and problem solving skills.

Cons

The company is growing at an extremely fast pace in the US and requires individuals that have a strong work ethic and team commitment. At times, individuals are expected to work late nights and some weekends.

Your commitment to EZI's focus on clients is appreciated.

egon zehnder research analyst

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Egon Zehnder as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

some of the pros of working at egon zehnder as an intern:
    great work environment, friendly team and really willing to help and very feedback oriented place.

Cons

some of the cons of working at egon zehnder as an intern:

the pay is a lot more competitive at other places and that is a bummer in a big city

Great Summer internship experience!

Former Employee - Summer Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Summer Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Egon Zehnder as an intern

Pros

-Company invests a lot in their interns
    -Give a lot of important work to interns - not busy work
    -everyone is very nice, lots of training and mentorship

Cons

-not many as a summer intern
    -can't get to a consultant level as a research analyst
    -the work can pile up and interns are expected to balance a lot of different assignments and learn quickly