Egon Zehnder Reviews

Reset
3.1
Egon Zehnder CEO Rajeev Vasudeva
Rajeev Vasudeva

Pros
  • Some good benefits, which can be found elsewhere also (in 3 reviews)

• You get to interact with high profile executives with great achievements and work with experienced consultants (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, they do not have fixed career path like in other organisations, so the promotions don't come easily (in 5 reviews)

• No room for growth or advancement (in 4 reviews)

It has been a rewarding experience as I feel very much a partner to my superiors.

Current Employee - Research Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

The benefits are fantastic, I feel very much a partner to consultants, and they are very supportive of a strong work-life balance.

Cons

At this time there is a fairly low ceiling for the Research Track.

2. Amazing Opportunity

Pros

The company itself holds a large market share of the executive search industry.

Cons

Lack of technical experience provided

Advice to Management

Better vertical mobility

3. Great Place to Work

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Egon Zehnder as an intern

Pros

A very collaborative environment, very suppportive

Cons

You can sometimes work long hours

5. Excellent Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Egon Zehnder (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, smart people, great communication strategy

Cons

none really, maybe need a refresh of the office space

EZI is a great place for recent undergrads

Current Employee - Research
    Current Employee - Research

Pros

EZI provides undergrads with a broad view of issues relating to companies and industries. The work is highly consultantive and allows an individual the ability to grow critical thinking and problem solving skills.

Cons

The company is growing at an extremely fast pace in the US and requires individuals that have a strong work ethic and team commitment. At times, individuals are expected to work late nights and some weekends.

Advice to Management

Your commitment to EZI's focus on clients is appreciated.

most fulfilling porfessional experience in my career

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

The one firm structure makes it very easy to serve clients around the world, with no internal arguments about aloction of fees. The compensation structure encourages great sharing of information both inside offices and between offices, The firm has much higher ethical standards than other search firms - we take off limits very seriously The fee structure, fixed rather than contingent, puts us firmly on the side of clients, rather than trying to just close the assignemnt on anyone.

Cons

Given the importance of the assignments we work on to our clients, they understandably have high expectations and hence we feel under pressure to deliver on tight deadlines which makes the work quite stressful, but that is what all senior level professional advisory firms experience.

Advice to Management

Continue to apply very high standards to all sorts of internal recruitment and ensure that we are clear about our values and our business model so we attract peolple who will thrive in this environment.

8. good

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Delhi (India)

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

overall culture and workplace environment to be precise

Cons

nothing in general to be precise as its a good place overall

Advice to Management

nothing

9. Great firm

Current Employee - Partner
    Current Employee - Partner

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time

Pros

Good values. At the core, they do try hard to care about people. The least transactional of all the big search firms. Global footprint and good exposure to global work. . Smart people. Very service oriented internally and externally,

Cons

Lots of cliques similar to high school. A popularity contest. Inward focused. Leadership and cultures have wide variance by office and practice group. Varied degrees of transparency. Frugal.

Advice to Management

Build greater leadership consistency across offices and practice groups. Shift from popularity to more weight on results. Invest more in strategic growth rather than exclusively organic. More aggressively broaden services beyond acquisition.

Great company if you like consulting

Current Employee - Research Associate
    Current Employee - Research Associate

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work on fascinating client assignments and meet interesting people in the process of finding the right executives for my clients.

Cons

The research career path is limited and becoming a consultant is not possible.

Decent place to begin career

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers top class benefits and they express genuine interest in the well being of employees. People are fun to work with and the work can (sometimes) be interesting. Often fast-paced, which keeps things from becoming droll.

Cons

Pay is so-so and raises are minimal. Bonuses are hit or miss. There is little to no ladder to climb. As an assistant there is almost no hope of moving up. As a Researcher there is possibility to advance, but there is a ceiling. You cannot become a consultant by working here. Consultants are hired from outside and they all have 15+ years of experience and an advanced degree. This is a place to gain experience, not a place to build a long-term career.

Advice to Management

More financial motivation (i.e. fairer raises and bonuses) and more opportunity for advancement might improve work productivity and motivation and increase retention rates.

RSS Feed </> Embed