Egon Zehnder

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Egon Zehnder CEO Rajeev Vasudeva

Rajeev Vasudeva

Pros
  • Manageable work hours, work-life balance is great (in 3 reviews)

• Some good benefits, which can be found elsewhere also (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, they do not have fixed career path like in other organisations, so the promotions don't come easily (in 5 reviews)

• Mind numbingly boring, no room for growth (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

good team, bad structure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat consultants to work with

Consno upward mobility - people do the same thing long term

Experience depends on office and practice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat exposure to executive resume assessment, instills attention to detail and strong work ethic. Lots of comradery between research analysts and associates.

ConsLittle appreciation of research, variable experience based on which consultants you work with, no career path for research to move up, research management is incestuous and stagnant

Advice to Senior ManagementStandardize consultant's approach to research organization, make path for researchers to become consultants

Great Company!

Research Analyst Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe culture at Egon Zehnder is fantastic. Consultants and analysts at different offices around the world work together in order to deliver optimal results to clients. The internship experience at the firm is absolutely phenomenal and one of the best professional experiences I have ever had. The firm invests significant time and money to integrate the interns into the firm and provides extensive training which I really appreciated. I also enjoyed the wide range of tasks and projects I was assigned and all the incredibly intelligent people with whom I had the opportunity to interact.

ConsAt times I disagreed with the research approach of several team members on projects, but am unsure as to how specific that is to Egon Zehnder and not simply the consulting field in general.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think creating a greater bridge between the research analyst and consultant positions at the firm in terms of client-site interaction and responsibility would allow for significantly greater talent retention at the research analyst level.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great firm

Partner (Current Employee)

ProsGood values. At the core, they do try hard to care about people. The least transactional of all the big search firms. Global footprint and good exposure to global work. . Smart people. Very service oriented internally and externally,

ConsLots of cliques similar to high school. A popularity contest. Inward focused. Leadership and cultures have wide variance by office and practice group. Varied degrees of transparency. Frugal.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild greater leadership consistency across offices and practice groups. Shift from popularity to more weight on results. Invest more in strategic growth rather than exclusively organic. More aggressively broaden services beyond acquisition.

Top-heavy company full of negative and harsh employees

Research Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsNice facilities, lots of office supplies available, pays well, travel opportunities

ConsFeedback is great. If done properly, it can help fix issues and motivate employees. At EZI, they give you an overload of feedback, to the point where it feels they are beating you up. They are way too concerned with appearances and little nitpicky things in the office, and less concerned with helping you do good work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to foster a more positive work environment. It will help your employees be happier. Focus more on the work and helping people utilize their strengths for the company rather than tearing them down for their weaknesses.

Strong learning experience

Senior Researcher (Former Employee)

ProsVery smart people at the firm. The consultants are very collaborative and work hard to educate researchers on the search process

ConsThey work hard and cut support staff too quickly, which means the workload is always high.The global nature of the firm of leads to late night/very early morning calls.

I was so bored at this job.

Research Analyst (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood pay and benefits, including long vacations. Good opportunities to meet people in other places as well.

ConsBoring job, boring people....no opportunities for advancement. People who have been there for 15 years do the same things you do as an intern.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more variety to the work?

Not a great place to work

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsConsistent hours which allowed for a social life

ConsNo room for growth or advancement

It has been a rewarding experience as I feel very much a partner to my superiors.

Research Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe benefits are fantastic, I feel very much a partner to consultants, and they are very supportive of a strong work-life balance.

ConsAt this time there is a fairly low ceiling for the Research Track.

Tough working environment

Research Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsExposure to executive search industry, learning rationale for executive assessment and selection from an insiders perspective, opportunity to gain industry knowledge

Consvery little praise for hard work, high expectations without commensurate earnings upside, very limited career path, some consultants treat you like their personal servant, very high turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a reasonable career path, do a better job of recognizing excellent performance, develop more training/educational opportunities, do a better job communication long term strategy of firm

Worked for Egon Zehnder? Contribute to the Community!