Eid Passport

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Eid Passport full-time

Pros

Employees are treated right, lots of opportunities to develop your skills. True team environment, no drama co-workers focused on getting the job done, with sacrificing fun.

Good benefits, excellent health coverage.

Work life balance is respected.

Open to new ideas.

Cons

Some expected growing pains as the company evolves. Some confusion, minor chaos occasionally due to holes in the structure. Issues are known and being worked on.

Happy with current direction.

Great first start in the professional business world.

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Eid Passport as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

They have an engaging company culture that wants you to succeed. The staff there are smart, hard working, and get the job done.

Cons

Long term opportunities are few because of the size of their company, but if you can get your foot in the door and pay attention you can hear about potential positions before anyone else.

Continue reaching out company wide with updates and quarterly company progress; its really a value to the staff to have everyone on board and in the know.

Eid Passport is a good company to work for - provided they have enough work for you to do.

Former Employee - Field Service Technician
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician

I worked at Eid Passport full-time (more than an year)

Pros

• HQ support staff are (for the most part) very supportive - especially when it comes to unforeseen things happening in the field.
    • Eid Passport provides a valuable supportive service to the US Military and it feels good to support the military.
    • Work is Monday through Friday unless something catastrophic occurs, so the work/life balance is decidedly on the side of life.

Cons

• I lost my job when the company lost a major contract with the US Navy - so your job is heavily dependent on contracts with both the US government and the US military and there are a lot of other companies out there gunning for those same contracts.

Find your niche

I worked at Eid Passport full-time

Pros

Pay. Amenities (free soda; exercise room)

Cons

Micromanaging. Company lacks focus for the future. Too often puts massive resources into a project only to have it shelved (FEMA).

Find where somebody fits best and allow them to flourish. Determine where their skills may be used. Say "good job" once in a while. Be more open to the ideas of outside eyes. Don't just say you want to hear all ideas but take some and incorporate into daily business.

Great product, poor management.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Eid Passport full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There's perks, like a nice gym, free soda, a nice break room and of course medical and dental and all that. The customers are easy to work with, the employees too (most of them). There is a fair amount of freedom considering its a call center.

Cons

The number one issue is management. The leads are usually not available and when they are they don't want to help you. Also once you mysteriously get on their bad side it's game over. They aren't forthcoming and they play favorites. Some of them are overtly rude and/or cocky. There is not much diversity here either, everyone can pretty much be put in the same category. Don't get me wrong, I still work here but I've lost a lot of the respect and almost all of the excitement I had a year ago. Also the company likes to use key phrases, like "want you to succeed" means they will fire most of the people here and they want you to prove you should stay. Or "I'll look into that" means no but we'll drag it out as long as possible.

Pick people to do different tasks, it's counter productive to have everyone doing everything all the time. If you take people of the phones for side projects then who's answering the calls. Say what you mean, there is a line between diplomacy and lying. The leads should be retrained on how to handle the employees.

All hype

Former Employee - Call Center in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Call Center in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Eid Passport as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Until a supervisor or lead decides they don't like you for personal reasons that you'll never know about or understand, it's a steady income.

Cons

Bring in large groups of people who are told there is lots of growth opportunity; what they don't tell you is they only intend to hire 1 or 2 people from that group - and it's usually people under 30. Use great words like "leadership" and "coaching" but the supervisors and leads have passive aggressive tendencies and say a lot of inappropriate things that have nothing to do with the job or task at hand - and when you disagree or call them on it, they say you aren't "coachable" and will move to get rid of you. A lot of playing favorites.
    Does that sound like leadership qualities?

Train your managers, supervisors and leads on how to talk to other work associates with respect and to stay within the company's mission statement and guidelines. There is a difference between being a leader and being a boss. Also, micro managing went out in the 80s - because it doesn't work.

Engineering manager plays favorites

I have been working at Eid Passport

Pros

None that I can see other than that the product does a good service since it's a security product

Cons

I worked there for three months with the QA lead who wasn't my manager
    My direct manager never cared to have 1 on 1

Get a grip and don't play favorites

Most poorly managed, "in it to get bought out", organization I have ever seen.

Former Employee - Regional Program Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Program Manager

I worked at Eid Passport full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great technology. Unbelievable potential for success

Cons

No common picture. Absolutely no support for anything outside of HIllsboro.

Make a decision about where you want the company to go and then find someone to implement it. They don't work there currently. The lack of information provided and shared throughout the company was indicative of how poorly this operation is run. It ultimately was making money in spite of those running the show. It is a great technology, but until someone is allowed to make some changes and implement process and procedures for getting everyone on the same page, I have no faith in this organization to succeed.

Good Idea. Bad Execution!

I worked at Eid Passport full-time

Pros

Most of regular full time hourly employees are easy to get along with and fun to be around.

Cons

Management. This company is fairly young and just like a kid, it has touched the hot stove before realizing it is hot. Choices for advancement are made poorly. Example: A temporary employee, just out of his/her 90 probationary period. Constantly asking questions that he/she should have known the answer to, being promoted to a lead or manager.

People at this company are promoted based on how much they can kiss butt, not experience or knowledge. This alone brings the moral of other Senior employees down.

Another thing that does not help this company is that they only recognize their employees when they do something wrong. There is little to no recognition for when an individual goes above and beyond their role to help a client.

At the request of the employees, the company did institute an electronic suggestion box. This idea backfired as the suggestions that have been submitted are usually denied due to upper management not agreeing with them, or just ignore them.

There seems to be a slight (sarcastic) case of management versus employees here. An employee pretty much needs to go tp HR with an issue if they hope for resolution. Management protects eachother and will keep quiet if they feel if it will endanger a fellow leadership member.

This company was great when it was smaller, but as it grows, it gets worse. I would not recommend this company to anyone as there are alot of inconsistancies and no communication, which should be key for a company of this type

Upper management needs to do some restructuring of lower management if this company lasts long enough to acheive that. Seeing how this company is heavily government based, I dont see this company surviving 5 more years. Especially with the government cuts. I mean why would the government want to pay a company to run screenings for vendors and contractors that access military facilities if they are needing running their own background screenings to double check the results.

A company with a very good product, but no fiscal controls or quality mid level and senior level management in place.

I worked at Eid Passport full-time (more than an year)

Pros

RAPIDGate is a great tool for use in identifying personnel authorized access to a facility. The company has some very dedicated employees doing good things to help protect the military community from unwanted visitors.

Cons

The company is very top heavy with no accountability for senior managers. The mid level management is poorly trained, and the long term vision for the company is not in place. There are no performance evaluations used to help employees understand weaknesses, and there are no rewards for doing a good job. The senior level management team does not have a good grasp of the issues confronting the employees that touch the clients and thus there is a feeling that everything is working very well. A lot of lies and broken promises were spread around during my employment period, so I would not suggest this company as a place to work if you want a rewarding career.

Step back and get a clue about how to run an organization that depends on the satisfaction of the client base. Put forth a vision, a short term plan, and some long term realistic goals. Stop operating the company with the only goal of growing it to sell off and reap a reward.