Eid Passport Reviews

Updated March 5, 2015
20 reviews filtered by
2.6
Steve Larson

1. My experience at this company was very educational and helpful.

Former Employee - Administrative Support Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Administrative Support Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Eid Passport

Pros

The best reasons to work at EID Passport, the people are very flexible to work with and the cubicles are so large with double monitors which make the work so much easier and more user friendly.

Cons

The challenges of working there is the production requirements were too high to reach in the amount of time since initial training for me.

Advice to Management

I feel that if upper management changes the production requirements to be more flexible for new hires they will get an employee that can meet it and then provide not just the speed to get more done but the quality of a good job every time.

Run the Employees into the ground!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Traveler in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Traveler in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Eid Passport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel albeit not where you want. Free soda - is this really a benefit you want? Free gym - you are gonna need it to burn off the extra calories you built up sitting all day drinking their free soda.

Cons

Micro-management- account for every minute of every day sending "Daily Projects" report and a follow up at the end of my day about what I did and for how long.

When traveling to register employees we don't get lunches or breaks. When brought to the attention of management, I was fired! They put it on me to ask which I did. On site company administrator was hostile and un-professional and wouldn't let me have break. "One more, one more, one more", until my breaks and lunches were hours overdue.

Advice to Management

Follow basic bureau of labor and industry laws and let your traveling employees get their breaks and lunches on time. Pay your employees well and give them kudos more than an email. You get what you pay for and as long as you pay them nothing with an iron fist, you will not get quality results.

3. Definitely not worth the drive, pay, hostile work environment, out of touch upper management

I worked at Eid Passport

Pros

There are no pros for this company whatsoever.

Cons

The pay is ok if you are just starting out in the work force and needing experience. There is the constant morbid threat from direct managers concerning your job. As a temp, the attendance policy is stricter compared to the regular folks( which I believe is unfair), training is haphazard and inconsistent, favoritism is rampant.

Advice to Management

It was said once there is an open door policy between management and the employee, not true.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Eid Passport full-time

Pros

Employees are treated right, lots of opportunities to develop your skills. True team environment, no drama co-workers focused on getting the job done, with sacrificing fun.

Good benefits, excellent health coverage.

Work life balance is respected.

Open to new ideas.

Cons

Some expected growing pains as the company evolves. Some confusion, minor chaos occasionally due to holes in the structure. Issues are known and being worked on.

Advice to Management

Happy with current direction.

6. Great first start in the professional business world.

Former Intern - Marketing Associate in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Intern - Marketing Associate in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Eid Passport as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

They have an engaging company culture that wants you to succeed. The staff there are smart, hard working, and get the job done.

Cons

Long term opportunities are few because of the size of their company, but if you can get your foot in the door and pay attention you can hear about potential positions before anyone else.

Advice to Management

Continue reaching out company wide with updates and quarterly company progress; its really a value to the staff to have everyone on board and in the know.

Eid Passport is a good company to work for - provided they have enough work for you to do.

Former Employee - Field Service Technician
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician

I worked at Eid Passport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• HQ support staff are (for the most part) very supportive - especially when it comes to unforeseen things happening in the field.
    • Eid Passport provides a valuable supportive service to the US Military and it feels good to support the military.
    • Work is Monday through Friday unless something catastrophic occurs, so the work/life balance is decidedly on the side of life.

Cons

• I lost my job when the company lost a major contract with the US Navy - so your job is heavily dependent on contracts with both the US government and the US military and there are a lot of other companies out there gunning for those same contracts.

Find your niche

I worked at Eid Passport full-time

Pros

Pay. Amenities (free soda; exercise room)

Cons

Micromanaging. Company lacks focus for the future. Too often puts massive resources into a project only to have it shelved (FEMA).

Advice to Management

Find where somebody fits best and allow them to flourish. Determine where their skills may be used. Say "good job" once in a while. Be more open to the ideas of outside eyes. Don't just say you want to hear all ideas but take some and incorporate into daily business.

Great product, poor management.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Eid Passport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's perks, like a nice gym, free soda, a nice break room and of course medical and dental and all that. The customers are easy to work with, the employees too (most of them). There is a fair amount of freedom considering its a call center.

Cons

The number one issue is management. The leads are usually not available and when they are they don't want to help you. Also once you mysteriously get on their bad side it's game over. They aren't forthcoming and they play favorites. Some of them are overtly rude and/or cocky. There is not much diversity here either, everyone can pretty much be put in the same category. Don't get me wrong, I still work here but I've lost a lot of the respect and almost all of the excitement I had a year ago. Also the company likes to use key phrases, like "want you to succeed" means they will fire most of the people here and they want you to prove you should stay. Or "I'll look into that" means no but we'll drag it out as long as possible.

Advice to Management

Pick people to do different tasks, it's counter productive to have everyone doing everything all the time. If you take people of the phones for side projects then who's answering the calls. Say what you mean, there is a line between diplomacy and lying. The leads should be retrained on how to handle the employees.

All hype

Former Contractor - Call Center in Beaverton, OR
    Former Contractor - Call Center in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Eid Passport as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Until a supervisor or lead decides they don't like you for personal reasons that you'll never know about or understand, it's a steady income.

Cons

Bring in large groups of people who are told there is lots of growth opportunity; what they don't tell you is they only intend to hire 1 or 2 people from that group - and it's usually people under 30. Use great words like "leadership" and "coaching" but the supervisors and leads have passive aggressive tendencies and say a lot of inappropriate things that have nothing to do with the job or task at hand - and when you disagree or call them on it, they say you aren't "coachable" and will move to get rid of you. A lot of playing favorites.
    Does that sound like leadership qualities?

Advice to Management

Train your managers, supervisors and leads on how to talk to other work associates with respect and to stay within the company's mission statement and guidelines. There is a difference between being a leader and being a boss. Also, micro managing went out in the 80s - because it doesn't work.

Engineering manager plays favorites

I have been working at Eid Passport

Pros

None that I can see other than that the product does a good service since it's a security product

Cons

I worked there for three months with the QA lead who wasn't my manager
    My direct manager never cared to have 1 on 1

Advice to Management

Get a grip and don't play favorites