Eide Bailly

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jerry A. Topp

Working for this firm was the downfall of my career.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsFlexibility, compensation, and great benefits.

ConsThis firm does a very poor job of developing people. Other departments and offices do not work well together.

Advice to Senior ManagementOut with the old and in with the new.

Great sales and marketing to get you through the door but falls short of expectations.

Tax (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood work life balance and peer culture helpful and supportive.

ConsGrowth is primarily through acquiring small firms and sole practitioner firms. That says everything about the type of work and clients you will "grow and develop" your career on. Lack of coaching, training and development, 360 feedback program is anonymous and "country club" mentality . Pay scale could increase a little and benefits are not the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to create a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged and diversity is respected and valued. Need to promote flexibility through action and not just talk.

Don't work here if you want any opportunities to advance

Employee Benefits Representative (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsThe people here are nice and the office is in a pleasant location. Other departments were probably better than the Employee Benefits area as far as management.

ConsThe Employee Benefits department is poorly run with very little concern for their clients. I constantly went home from work ashamed of the company I worked for because of they way they treated clients both on the phone and the jokes made about the clients behind their backs. The department cares only about business volume and nothing for quality. If I worked for a company that was using Eide Bailly to administer their employee benefits (especially COBRA or Flexible Spending Accounts) I would not participate in either of those plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just assume that because you have some extremely large clients like the state of Minnesota and Hennepin county that it is ok to treat the clients poorly. Management needs to encourage the employees to care as much about providing quality of service as they do quantity of service calls processed. Also, it would help if management hired call center people that are a little more intelligent than a box of rocks.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not as good as it seems for the Benefits Dept.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProfessional work environment, friendly people at the workplace, computers are updated,
    overall system easy to use.

ConsMajor mistakes by all staff including the management, lack of training the staff, staff is burned out due to the workload, no support by management when dealing with escalated calls,
    systems problems caused major mistakes on accounts. This place is a revolving door with people not staying past two years.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to truly add more staff to the department and to invest in professional training.
    When you value your staff and give them all the tools and support than they will stay around along time and produce great results.

OK Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIn the Colorado offices, the leadership promoted work-life balance. They allowed flexibility in your schedule to fit in work and personal commitments. The company offers a lot of technology training sessions continually through out the year. The company offers a lot of tax technical training as well.

ConsThe clients are generally small to medium-sized, closely held businesses, so there isn't a whole lot of variety or challenge to the work.

Great people to work with!

Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsGood work life balance depending on industry

ConsLower salary for a firm their size...benefits sucks

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove pay scale and benefit package

Balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boise, ID

ProsThe firm is very flexible and open to work life balance discussions.
    Partners are great people to work for.
    I wide range of industries.

ConsYou will travel which for single people may be a good thing, but if you have a family it may be a strain.
    Pay is a bit lower then you can get in private accounting.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou seem to be loosing a lot of people because of salary. But you are also loosing a lot of staff that want to start a family and feel like the job cannot fit there life style. If this is true or not I do not know but maybe a dialogue is needed and changes need to be made.

Very pleasant work environment, but lacking exposure to more dynamic clients

Associate (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsVery laid back with decent compensation and benefits.
    Great opportunity to get exposure to many different industries and employers in the middle market throughout the Western United States.

ConsExpensive family health insurance.
    Long hours during busy season.
    A little bit too comfortable with the status quo. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.
    You have to stay with the company for a long time in order to truly reap the financial reward for your work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome room for growth in margins instead of just revenue through a greater focus on operational efficiency.
    I would personally prefer a compensation system that offers more immediate benefit for hard work, rather than one that requires a long-term committment in order to see financial reward. Annual raises and long term vesting of the profit sharing program doesn't allow much mobility. I'm aware of why this is designed this way, but it's time to embrace the mobile workforce of the 21st century.

Great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work/life balance and wonderful staff.

ConsWould benefit from being in more states across the nation.

Great people with a focus on their employees

Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThey hire outstanding people, so your co-workers are great. Managers and partners genuinely care about you as a person and are willing to bend over to help when you need it. Family is very important to the company as a whole. It's a regional firm with a local company feel.

ConsNo bonuses in our office. Feedback on job performance is not great.

Worked for Eide Bailly? Contribute to the Community!