www.eileenfisher.com

Updated December 17, 2014
3.4

Intern

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Eileen Fisher as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing place to work
    Fantastic people to work with
    Great environment and attitude all around
    Company goals and achievements for environment and community are more thoughtful and successful than most.

Cons

May have been on the sidelines but it seems like there was not much movement as far as positions go. When you get in you seem to stay as that.

Manager in Wholesale

I have been working at Eileen Fisher

Pros

Good Benefits, that's about all.

Cons

Everything else.......blatant favoritism, poor leadership, fearful culture, management is ruthless in protecting their jobs - at any cost. Most are on medication to sleep and/or for nerves. That says it all.

Try not to be so self-serving, you are in a leadership role for a reason!

Disorganized and slow to make decisions

I have been working at Eileen Fisher full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides a cothing allowance and money towards "wellness" (activities to improve your health and wellness). They offer flexible work hours if you are at a leadership level

Cons

Struggle to make and execute decisions, Move very slowly to grow and accept change, over spend on meaningless projects/activities (multiple larger parties a year, expensive hotels for company leaders, travel expense to leaders can live outside the metro NY area) but will not put money into needed headcount

Evaluate how to maintain and grow. Do leaders need to stay at 5 star hotels and have lunch at ABC Kitchen when teams are struggling to work and work 10+ hours a day due to lack of much needed headcount.

Eh, Ok.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Eileen Fisher as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people, pretty good with work-life balance, lots of free food (mostly vegetarian), benefits are okay. They offer yoga and cool things like that, but most of those perks are at their Westchester County location. Masseuses come around at your desk once in a while. The company does have non-profit stuff to benefit young women. Discounts on clothing, too.

Cons

Pay is so-so. Too many people are contract employees. It's very difficult to start full-time with benefits. Most people have to wait a year to become a legit full-time employee, which is ridiculous. Some people have been there way too long, and the company could use some fresh faces. Company makes you work between NYC and their Westchester location, which can be a hassle, but some people love it.

The idea of having to wait a year to become a full-time employee isn't so great.

Could be a great place to work!!!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Eileen Fisher part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Eileen Fisher is a treat to work for, after being in the retail world for many years its great to know there are still a few companies that appreciate what you bring to the table. We at EF are offered many benefits such as a clothing allowance, stock option, incentives, yearly bonuses and much more.

Cons

I have moved several times with the company to different cities in my many years, I can say not all stores and managers are the same. Many locations have succeeded in striving to work with EF philosophy, while others will never get there.

Managers in some locations need a lot of training, and should not be afraid to ask for help.

Great!

I worked at Eileen Fisher full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Eileen Fisher treats their employees so well! Yoga room, massage room, lactation room, bonuses every year. Eileen is a great woman and knows how to take care of employees and empower them.

Cons

I worked in the Foundation, which is the non-profit side of EF, and the pay was not great at all. Even though it's a non-profit, it seemed a bit stingy compared to the money that EF was making. They treat their employees well but should pay them better, at least at the Foundation.

Great company to work for.

I worked at Eileen Fisher

Pros

Culture, work life balance, benefits

Cons

Move on to another industry.

Unparalleled culture, great place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Eileen Fisher full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are treated exceptionally well; very inclusive environment; great benefits and fair pay. Nice to be in a retail environment that cares about its product, its customers, and its employees. This company has high standards on every level.

Cons

If you are on the store end, the hours can be challenging when it comes to maintaining a work-life balance but with ample vacation/personal time it is quite manageable.

Amazing company to work for!

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Eileen Fisher as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great employee perks, positive, relaxed atmosphere, friendly people, very eco-friendly, excellent time off,

Cons

Don't really have any! Eileen fisher is a wonderful company to work/intern for.

You wont ever get promoted unless you sentance yourself to 5-10

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Eileen Fisher full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Generous wellness allowance and great insurance. Everyone gets an education allowance, which is generous if you want to take a random art class or get certified as a yoga teacher or somethig, but is not generous if you want to continue your education to advance yourself professionally. They Also they hire ppl without any education, which i guess i a pro for those people. Eileen and a select few in the SR department do great and inspiring environmental and humanitarian work. The hippie dippyness of the co is also cool, good organic food ordered for events, the wellness practitioners they bring in are also awesome and on the company.

Cons

Hmm where to start...The first thing is that employees are given a profit sharing bonus at the end of every year, which is offered as part of your compensation package. It is the same number of weeks for everyone (ie 5 weeks 10weeks pay) What they neglected to tell me in my first year is that since i started after Jan 1, on Feb 1st, mine was prorated using some redic cockamamie system where i got 1/10th of the total amount. Thanks for making up your own definition of proration, not explaining that you would be using it, and then including a completely misleading figure in my compensation package. Liars. Also they promote people based on years of time served in the company and not merit or talent. Therefore you have inconpetent management that have been with the company forever, that are fearful and suspicious of new talent, both younger and less experienced, and older and more experienced. I was also embarrassed because my boss consistently used "big words" incorrectly at meetings, with clients and in general day to day. Meetings are also frustrating because nothing ever gets decided or accomplished. Also a perk for people who have been with EF a long time is that they get to treat newer employees however they want with no consequence whatsoever. Backstabbing, spreading rumers and general alienation of newer employees was rampant and disturbing. I guess those ppl have been in the EF cult so long that a new or newer person is a huge threat to their job security. I think this company is better for people who have been there 10+ years bc they get tons of vacation time and no hr consequences. They have comfortable secure jobs without the amount of stress you would have at another apparel company.

See above. I have seen similar comments in many of the other posts. Maybe it is worth looking into.

Eileen Fisher Photos