Einstein Bros. Bagels

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Arthur

Pros:
  • "No late nights (Close at 5pm for some locations)"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Free coffee, free drinks from the soda fountain, 50% off food"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Low pay, poor management disorganized"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Upper management seems disconnected from the everyday reality of stores"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not Impressed

ProsLearned a lot about how to run a business without modern technology.

ConsSenior Management plays favorites with GM's, are not always honest even when called out. Corporate support is lacking. Mostly concerned with making numbers and not realizing that each store needs a different type of TLC. I was at several locations and felt that I was not able to live up to my potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to actually get to know your gm's individual unique challenges as they vary greatly from store to store. Pay your hourly management better especially after years of service. Most companies offer at least a yearly raise. Focus more on product quality and get better meats/produce. There's so much more this brand can be.

A customer service focused food service.

Shift Leader (Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsThe corporate office provided excellent support during the grand opening of our new restaurant. The products prepared and sold are good quality.

ConsPricing should be adjusted for local economy. All staff should be reminded that 99% of the time, the customer is always right.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess emphasis should be placed on coupons and more placed on making repeat guests feel very welcomed, appreciated and special. Also, I think advertisement should be more along the lines of "Bagels - They're not just for Breakfast anymore."

Great Learning Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Lakewood, CO

ProsLoyal, passionate customers. Friendly atmosphere with great hours for restaurant managers.

ConsCurrent senior leaders more concerned about bottom line than guest service

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the core product - bagels and breakfast.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe people I worked with were really nice. my location had really low turnover, not that difficult a job honestly

Consthe regional management could be really strict, didn't get enough hours, everything in your home starts to smell like bagels after a while

Top down management style with very little connection to the field or guests by the Sr. Mgt. Team

ProsWork hours as it is a Breakfast, Lunch Concept.
    No Fryers or Grills

ConsYou feel like a commodity instead of a contributor. Very little recognition of positive results. Company is not an Operations Led Company but a Finance Led Company so the connection to the guest has deteriorated over the last 4 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on People development and create some recognition based incentives.

Ok place to work

Cashier (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsFree bagels, nice people, benefits

Consworking hours and weekend duties

Over worked

Shift Leader (Current Employee)

ProsVision insurance is great Discounted food, not open late into the evening. Weekends not open all day,

ConsOver worked, under paid. Medical insurance is mediocre and too expensive. Told, you make to much for you're range and position when you are making under the poverty line, yet work Full time, and take the brunt of all things in the store, fixing customer complaints,

Advice to Senior ManagementFight for better pay, fight for your over worked employees and help them.

General Manager

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBonuses if you're a top performing store, stock pays a great dividend.

ConsSuper long hours, on call on days off.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease understand that increasing labor (more employees working at the store level) will increase the bottom line. Guests will spend the money, but not when corners are cut.

Typical Fast-Food Bakery

Shift Manager (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsDiscounts or free food, free coffee and soda constantly, and some of the funniest coworkers I've ever had.

ConsEarly mornings, poor pay, some typical fast-food management. Don't expect benefits- there are a lot of knots in the system.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie to your staff. If you have to, just say you can't talk about something. Try treating your employees appropriately and see if your turnover rate gets better.

Little to no help from upper level management - high expectations without the help to get there

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe people that I hired and invested time and training were great people, as were the customers and the community!

ConsBudgets are not achievable in these economic times, and the level of assistance from direct supervisor is not the kind that is true leadership it is more telling and you doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to lead and to help your people, follow the advice that is given to your managers

Worked for Einstein Bros. Bagels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Einstein Bros. Bagels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Einstein Bros. Bagels CEO Michael Arthur. All 96 reviews posted anonymously by Einstein Bros. Bagels employees.