Einstein Bros. Bagels

www.einsteinnoah.com
Profile Unclaimed

#( >_>)

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you like early am hours this job is good.

Cons

No GM . Shift leaders not properly trained. Most employees not properly trained.

Frozen Bagels

I have been working at Einstein Bros. Bagels

Pros

Extremely easy to get hired, fairly easygoing with breaks.

Cons

Early shifts, horrible pay, and very corporate. When you see how things are prepared and how low quality the food is, you might not eat there again. It is fast food after all. You don't even get a free meal on long shifts.

n/a

Unstable

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels

Pros

Work from home no office you need to be at.

Cons

GM in stores hard to work with. They also tend to put blame on you and also backstabbing.

Catering Sales Manager needs to respected by the stores (GM) since Sales Mangers do a entire market they should be at the same level and authority of the Area Manager

Fun

Former Employee - Crew in Urbana, IL
    Former Employee - Crew in Urbana, IL

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun cool laid back fast paced

Cons

Hours pay. Limited mobility hard to get sub

Understanding

Assistant Manager

I have been working at Einstein Bros. Bagels

Pros

Great company to work for. You get paid enough for the work you do, if your a manager. Clerks don'tget paid enough in my opinion. Managers get a free meal each shift and clerks get half off.

Cons

As a manager you work 50+ hours a week, however, your paycheck makes it worth it

Pay your clerks enough for the stressful work they go through.

Great coworkers

Current Employee - Team Member in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Einstein Bros. Bagels part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great fun, fast paced people to work with.

Cons

Low starting wages, not sure about benefits.

Good first job and then move on

Current Employee - Shift Manager/Baker
    Current Employee - Shift Manager/Baker

I have been working at Einstein Bros. Bagels full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Easy job, good basic kitchen and customer service experience. If you move up the ranks you can learn basics of human behavior, marketing and finance.

Cons

There is a glass ceiling effect where the big heads use the little guys. They will work you to the bone with as little pay possible. Do not expect to go places

Open up your mind and ears to all opinions

Shift leader

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels

Pros

The shift were good. You never had to work late nights. The workers were fun.

Cons

They take advantage of you. They expect you to do store manager work at lower salary. They are always under staff during peak times on weekends. Shift managers do not get treated fairly. And they use you to train others without ever getting promoted. After I left...they called asking me to come back because they "fixed things". They were desperate.

Stop lying to employees and respecting what they do for the company. Offer promotions when good work is recognized.

Your relationship with Einstein's and no one else. Say goodbye to a social life while your at it too.

Former Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I met a lot of great friends here at this company, and gained a great deal of experience here. I started out as a cashier and within 4 years I became a General Manager. The pay was great for my age considering I was only 22 at the time and trying to make a career for myself.

Cons

Fist off they pay their crew members very little and wont pay anyone any higher than $10/hr unless you are an Assistant Manager or higher, considering the amount of work that's required for the crew employees to do there is really no incentive to stay besides the little pin you get every year on your anniversary being with the company.
    After becoming a GM it became very clear that if you had any other relationship in your life Einstein's would need to come first always! No matter what it was (except a death in the family OBVIOUSLY). I personally felt like if I wasn't on my ABM's best side or in his clan of kiss BUTTS then I would be singled out at times( I should also not that my ABM did like me and there were only a few times I was on his black list but that was enough for me). There were several times I was told I was doing something right and then I would turn around and be reprimanded for not doing it the "Einstein's way" I ultimately left after arriving to my store at 2:03AM for a bake training that all the stores were doing, I was late by 3 minutes and my ABM told me "It doesn't look good when your boss gets here before you". I felt like turning my keys in that day I had been with them for 5 years and this is how they treat one of their GM's? I had enough I had missed too many family events I was sick of never being able to visit my sick Dad with out planning a 6 day vacation 5 MONTHS in advanced. Maybe I wasn't cut out for it or maybe I was being too sensitive. I decided not to turn my key in that day but found a new job quickly, I took a $10,000 a year pay cut to just get out of that place! I'm thankful for the people I met and the experience I received and I never wanted to leave on a bad note,which I didn't I did give my 11 day notice, but I will never work for them again. I would rather pick up dog poop for 8 hours of the day than to ever work there again.

Show some respect for ALL your employees, show them what they are worth to you! Remember there are other companies out there that are willing to pay people a lot more than you do and also have better product. ALSO remember when you tell people " You are the only one who will take care of your quality of life" people take that seriously and if you aren't giving them the opportunity to take care of that quality of life they will find another company who will..like I did.
    PS how can you approve of the CEO when it changes almost every year or every couple years.

This company has a great product and some wonderful people working for them - corporate level has some issues.

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of management is awesome! Each store is run by the manager - so each one has its own mini structure working within the corporate standards. This can be as great and satisfying as the manager is willing to make it.
    The customers are awesome. Each restaurant has its own unique culture, rush hours, down times, etc.
    Performance based. They like to promote from within, so you can be a young person and still be a General Manager.

Cons

They start most people out at minimum wage and there isn't a lot of wage increase. They stress giving great service - but do not give the management enough hours to have enough people to provide such service. And this can make hours difficult at some restaurants. They may need more help one day and desparately call you in at the last minute.
    The corporate level definitely reins - and being promoted or not at higher levels can be a personal preference - not based on who is doing a great job.