Eisenhower Medical Center
www.emc.org Rancho Mirage, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Eisenhower Medical Center Reviews

Updated Feb 4, 2014
Eisenhower Medical Center – Rancho Mirage – “Front of Hospital”

G. Aubrey Serfling

I'm a Patient Admitting Specialist and have been working here for 3 years!

Patient Admitting Specialist (Current Employee)
Rancho Mirage, CA

I have been working at Eisenhower Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits, wages, and great coworkers! It's fairly easy to transfer to new department or locations through-out the valley. They support you in your efforts in continuing your education and advancing within the company. I am always recommending this hospital to people I know as a great place for medical care and employment!

ConsI really don't have anything to complain about! Great place to work! I've had a very positive experience here.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs with any company, there are the good ones and there are the bad ones! I've been very happy here and if ever I worked in an office I didn't like, I was able to move to another one without any problems.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eisenhower Medical Center

Prosprestige, enviorment, people, wages, everything

Conspolitics are tough, summers are hard for staffing

Excellent

Discharge Planner Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Eisenhower Medical Center full-time for more than a year

ProsAllows for individual employee's personal and career growth

Consfrequent change in management style

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow LVN's to participate more on Utilization Review

Hypocritical and Unconcerned with Assisting Employees or Anyone Who Cannot Help Them Financially

Registrar (Former Employee)

I worked at Eisenhower Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefit package, agressively expanding, beautiful atmosphere, for those in the community who don't know better, EMC is a good "brand"

ConsUpper leadership completely unconcerned with hourly employees' welfare, pay or concerns, hypocritical in their motto (healthcare as it should be - a joke!) Only one 3% payraise during my 4 year tenure, a joke considering they start you off with nothing to begin with, employees misled to believe the Employee Assistance Program (a highly touted "benefit") will actually do anything to help them- the "Foundation" must first approve any request for assistance...THEY WON'T.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of worrying about the next property to buy, maybe you should focus on your employee satisfaction. I can tell you from being on the front lines that it is quite low. And please change that ridiculous lie of a motto. Healthcare As It Should Be...would be healthcare for EVERYONE, not just those who can later donate to you. The Medi-Cal and IEHP patients should be treated with the same respect as those with a million dollars plus in their bank account, not turned away from every EMC establishment except the ER (in which you are required to accept them by federal law).

dissapointed

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eisenhower Medical Center

Prosconvenient location to commute.
layout/building beautifully designed.
plenty of good working reliable staff.
new annenberg building structurally safe
for earhtquake magnitude of 7.

ConsDirectors and manager do not have bachelors degree or masters degree.
management do not have certification in their field of practice.
they are out of touch with the real work field, good only in finding faults
but lack of knowledge/training solving problem.Very quick in lying off people.
management are not there to help and support.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified manager for their position.Review process should be conducted from the staff every 6 months to a year to evaluate managers performance.Administrator should make rounds to every depatment for them to see what is happening and mingle with the staff.There are a lot of very unhappy/dissatisfied staff, so please before you loose all good people get into the real world.

The Annenberg Center fails to value it's employees and lacks good management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eisenhower Medical Center

ProsGreat benefits
Many good people to work with
Beautiful building to work out of
The mission, if followed, is excellent

ConsVery high President/CEO turnover which led to too many unnecessary changes and new favorites hired on.
Upper management doesn't listen to the employees. Middle-management isn't respected.
Low morale. Too controlling. No fun.
No job security. Constant fear you will be let go even when you are giving 200%.
Too many job lay-offs in the history of the company. Employees are not valued and discarded like trash (some after 15-30 years of service).
Management has a lot to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace new management ideas. Go back to school to keep up on successful evolving management styles.
Listen to your employees. Value their ideas. Empower them. They can earn you those profits you are looking for if you'd listen.
Look at successful companies like Google and Enterprise Rent A Car and match their management styles.
Drop the walls of "us" and "them" everyone work together and get out of the box.

Worked for Eisenhower Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eisenhower Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eisenhower Medical Center CEO G. Aubrey Serfling. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Eisenhower Medical Center employees.