Eka Software Solutions

Eka Software Solutions Reviews

Updated May 7, 2014

Manav Garg

Unique product software company

Customer Support (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsVibrant work culture having loads of enthusiasm and desire to excel in a competitive marketplace
    Fun events make this a hip and happening place for young and young at heart
    Opportunity to work with clients across the globe

ConsCan't think of any - As the organization grows and matures, we would be getting better. Every orgaznation goes through these stahes in its lifecycle and there are better days ahead of us.

Good- only for beginners

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros- Good environment for learners.

- Get opportunity to work extensively i.e. not limited to an area or domain - over all good exposure.

- Supportive people all round in the core teams.

Cons- Too much chaos and pressure to handle due to the tight schedules and similar high expectations from each individual by the management.

- Work expectations from management makes it difficult for the employees to maintain work-life balance.

- Salary structure and HR policies need to be worked up on.

Advice to Senior Management- People in the organization are approachable. Maintain this. Good to have this mindset and environment.

- Should look at reducing the chaos and pressure. This can bring out more creativity in the employees and will eventually help the product development.

- Review the HR policies and Salary Structure. These are making the employees feel uncomfortable and insecure. HR should be more service minded and approachable.

- Training program as a part of the induction should be given appropriate importance by the bosses and should be improved a lot to cover both – the domain and the product.

- Management can try and spend some time with employees.

Growing product company, but be careful

Consultant (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros- Good people (depends)
    - good growth if you are in good hands
    - Good comp and ben, flexibility in salary terms toincrease take home
    - You will be compensated well

Cons- Work - life balance can be a challenge, as it is a small company and resources are limited
    - Growth - depends on who you are working with
    - some salary terms may not be industry best practice

Advice to Senior Management- spend more time with entry level employees and understand their problems
    - get licensed software tools to make life better for developers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company with no value for people and time

Software Specialist (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood pay master, good infra, helpful recruiter, i think they have a good top level technical officer also.

Cons-No head no tail in development team
    -database team with no direction
    -no proper data management system/tool
    -one technology person managing totally different kinds of technology (DBA being handle by java guy)
    -no realtime BI tools/experts present in company
    -just for the name sake i think they are trying to hire people.
    -very long interview process.

From Interview till i joined, i had a very positive and good experience. sometimes i used to feel that they don't trust me because i used to kept getting calls from one guy always. Real problems started after i joined. no proper direction. teams were confused, no idea about infrastructure, no proper management. No one came to even wish me or talk to me, and the person i am suppose to report is not a data guy at all.

I think the company is all about like sugar coated in first half with proper calls, good talks and smily people before joining, because only Hr seem to bother about who is joining and all, and the actual team where you will be working is least interetesd in you. And second half is disappointing, totally. They are unable to maintain standards like how the feel is at starting of the process. no direction , and totally confused environment. Not to recommend my friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make sure you are offering people only if you need. its a waste of time and money for both

No career growth for the QA Engineer

QA Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood company for the freshers to learn

ConsFor QA engineer nothing is there to learn, No career growth, Some good opportunity is there but only for the people who is very close to their manager.

Growing Company - Has challenges but whats big without challenges?

Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros- Responsibility: Usually the responsibility that you need to manage is higher than the role you are playing. Which leads to personal growth and learn quite a lot

- Package: Quite decent and well compensated. NO additional perks or good surprises apartb from areed compensation

- Leaders: Atleast one good leader in every department(Not referring to Management - but the teams which manage day to day work). A leader who understands and owns an issue and drives it. A lot of ownership in leaders.

- Changing Environment - More freedom to experiment but less time to experiment.

Cons- Client Management with respect to Scope. Each client gets their own scope for product development and constant change to solution because of client, or Client facing teams or product teams bringing instability to the product and affect people's morale overall

- Quality review processes - across Design, Build and Test. Almost zero peer review process followed.

- Planning - No Project Manager to manage scope, plan a release and cordinate with various stake holders. This is done with leads of each depertment - which leads to lot of miscommunication to management, clients and people.

Advice to Senior Management- Invest in Project Managers
    - Share the next month's growth, targets , vision with everyone. This will help every one to align and motivates. Even if a strategy fails, That will be treated as a coollective failure. There are people who dont know about newer modules and why they are being built!?!

Terrible Experience, management shouting at each other on the floor itself

Business Consultant (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsDidn't find any to be worthwhile

ConsMany, can't list all of them down

Not bad for hard worker

QA Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsFlexible timings, Open culture, Good people

ConsNo work life balance, Need to come to office on few weekends with out getting any extra pay

Bad Environment to work

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsDidn't go for review before joining

ConsI am a software engineer of around 5 years of exp.....
    no. of down side
    1. Politics( bad and meaning less)
    2. Not promising
    3. You are slave without pay for extra hours
    4.Saturday and sunday don't expect for leave , if u are denying to come on weekend , dont feel you are secure.
    5. lot many problem i have faced over there...

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement knows what to do

"Good place to work”

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood place to try out a range of opportunities on different projects, enables you to be a self starter.

Consgreat place for developers to begin their careers, since there are lot of development projects

Worked for Eka Software Solutions? Contribute to the Community!