Ekomi

www.ekomi-us.com

Ekomi Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Ekomi – Berlin – “Team Ekomi”

Ekomi CEO Michael Ambros

Michael Ambros

Experience with eKomi

Social Commerce Consultant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsInternational & young
    Well-recognized, especially in the Europe and the US
    Provide constant feedback to improve sales
    Great for starters with no experience in sales - constant training; if you ask for more responsibility, they give it to you
    Good career perspectives - opening lots of offices across the US and they recruit from within, which is always good
    There are BBQs, Christmas parties, among other things like eKommitment, etc. lots of fun.
    Big deals

ConsSome of the software language is in German, but they have changed it to English now

Terrible

Call Center Agent (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsInnovative company recession proof will be profitable until the competition realizes just how bad your service really is

ConsTerrible to almost no training, language barrier, it takes a lot of patience for you to get your pay after you leave. They will not return calls or emails.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking at just the numbers and start looking at the processes because eventually it will hurt your ROI

eKomi Does not care about its employees

Slave (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsNew technology, casual dress. Fast pace environment which is going to go out of control if you do not manage your employees better.

ConsOffers low paying jobs and expects those workers to deliver a good job and then will not make sure that they are paid the low wages on time. They pay everyone under the table using oDesk who holds onto wages 7 days after they due. oDesk is crooked they point the finger at eKomi and eKomi points the finger at them. The employees are caught in the middle and can not pay their bills. If you say anything you get fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company will not make it in America unless you treat your american workers better. You can bring all the people you want from Germany but this is America and you have to deal with Americans in a fair manner. You will go the way of the dot com companies. How is that for a review. Maybe this will help increase your CTR and lower your CPC.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

German company in a great market place, with a lack of vision for a future success story

Social Commerce Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsThe company started very early in the customer reviews market, which now are now ubiquitous in the hospitality industry and ecommerce sector. Many people check reviews before purchasing.

Good for starters with no experience in telesales or internet experience. You will learn alot about ecommerce, given you are a self-starter, as training is fairly limited.

ConsWhat was supposed to be a consultative selling approach, is now turning in to a call center pure numbers driven game. Excel will rule your day, with tough metrics to achieve.

The product is good, but little is done for product development to bring it to the next level.

Contract terms for customers are very strict.

Little marketing and PR is done, which can be challenging in international markets, where the company is not as well known as in the home market.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart recognizing the workforce for their share in the success of the company and value their feedback. Invest in training, product development and establish a motivating company culture.

Working at eKomi

Social Commerce Consultant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsInternational and young environment
    Challenging positions
    Great teams
    Can learn a lot about different sectors in the market

ConsSome technical issues arise from time to time which aren't resolved immediately but this is normal in any business I suppose.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore interaction between IT and the teams for low Prio issues...

Excellent Experience!!!

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey are professional, friendly and recognition is always based on professionalism.

ConsCan not think of any as I strongly believe this is the organisation where one can learn a lot and excel.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good Work!!!

In 28 years of employment I can honesty say this is the worse run company I have ever worked for.

Manager (Former Employee) Berlin (Germany)

ProsMultinational staff making it bearable. Just.

ConsMultinational staff being fired everyday, week, month, which as a manager was some of the most bizzare upper management decesion making I have ever witnessed.
    I was also not used to the employment technics used by employing people on looks.
    Company direction changes more than the weather.
    Lack of respect for any of its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo point as tried that when working there. They just don`t want to change the way they treat employees.

good product, great colleagues, terrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe product has potential and is fun to help the company grow. Many of my colleagues where very competent and worked very hard

ConsYou can work as hard as you want but it will never be appreciated. As long as you do not work in sales and the CEO can see you make profit, you are unimportant and there is no reason to pay you more. Above the team leads everybody is incompetent. The fluctuation is incredible. At the beginning you think the chaos will change and you will change sth., but after a few month you wake up. People get fired and hired every day. One colleague only got his bonus when he was not more sick than two days a month. The management encourages people to write good reviews here and on other websites. Just scroll down and you will see all the bad ones.

Don’t waste your time here. No future

Senior Social Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsThe main product and the reason why of the company is very interesting

ConsThis is a do yourself company
    Lack of Management
    Everything in this company is a big lie, they hire you promising you some kind of Job and at the end you will be searching companies in internet, and contacting people in order to sell something with out training and high expectations
    Basically your Job will be like searching Leads, making appointments and making sales for no commission
    They are just hiring Interns for 400 euros a month and there is no opportunity to get a full position on a short time.
    No training and always a big lack of information
    No strategy

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should have external advice on how to Manage with people.

The real truth about some reviews here!

Senior Social Consultant (Current Employee) Berlin (Germany)

ProsInternational employees. Good product. nice location

ConsNo culture, No values, Poor management, They lie to everyone. Employees usually sue to the company as they dont respect employees! The company is run without experience, intelligence.
    They ask interns to leave a review in glassdoor or many oder Platforms like Ciao among others. Check the photos field where I attached an example

Advice to Senior ManagementSell your company!

Worked for Ekomi? Contribute to the Community!