Ekomi
www.ekomi-us.com Berlin, Germany 150 to 499 Employees

Ekomi Reviews

Updated May 3, 2014
Ekomi – Berlin – “Team Ekomi”

Ekomi CEO Michael Ambros

Michael Ambros

Experience with eKomi

Social Commerce Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsInternational & young
    Well-recognized, especially in the Europe and the US
    Provide constant feedback to improve sales
    Great for starters with no experience in sales - constant training; if you ask for more responsibility, they give it to you
    Good career perspectives - opening lots of offices across the US and they recruit from within, which is always good
    There are BBQs, Christmas parties, among other things like eKommitment, etc. lots of fun.
    Big deals

ConsSome of the software language is in German, but they have changed it to English now

Terrible

Call Center Agent (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsInnovative company recession proof will be profitable until the competition realizes just how bad your service really is

ConsTerrible to almost no training, language barrier, it takes a lot of patience for you to get your pay after you leave. They will not return calls or emails.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking at just the numbers and start looking at the processes because eventually it will hurt your ROI

eKomi Does not care about its employees

Slave (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsNew technology, casual dress. Fast pace environment which is going to go out of control if you do not manage your employees better.

ConsOffers low paying jobs and expects those workers to deliver a good job and then will not make sure that they are paid the low wages on time. They pay everyone under the table using oDesk who holds onto wages 7 days after they due. oDesk is crooked they point the finger at eKomi and eKomi points the finger at them. The employees are caught in the middle and can not pay their bills. If you say anything you get fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company will not make it in America unless you treat your american workers better. You can bring all the people you want from Germany but this is America and you have to deal with Americans in a fair manner. You will go the way of the dot com companies. How is that for a review. Maybe this will help increase your CTR and lower your CPC.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

German company in a great market place, with a lack of vision for a future success story

Social Commerce Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsThe company started very early in the customer reviews market, which now are now ubiquitous in the hospitality industry and ecommerce sector. Many people check reviews before purchasing.

Good for starters with no experience in telesales or internet experience. You will learn alot about ecommerce, given you are a self-starter, as training is fairly limited.

ConsWhat was supposed to be a consultative selling approach, is now turning in to a call center pure numbers driven game. Excel will rule your day, with tough metrics to achieve.

The product is good, but little is done for product development to bring it to the next level.

Contract terms for customers are very strict.

Little marketing and PR is done, which can be challenging in international markets, where the company is not as well known as in the home market.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart recognizing the workforce for their share in the success of the company and value their feedback. Invest in training, product development and establish a motivating company culture.

Working at eKomi

Social Commerce Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsInternational and young environment
    Challenging positions
    Great teams
    Can learn a lot about different sectors in the market

ConsSome technical issues arise from time to time which aren't resolved immediately but this is normal in any business I suppose.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore interaction between IT and the teams for low Prio issues...

Excellent Experience!!!

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey are professional, friendly and recognition is always based on professionalism.

ConsCan not think of any as I strongly believe this is the organisation where one can learn a lot and excel.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good Work!!!

Don’t waste your time here. No future

Senior Social Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsThe main product and the reason why of the company is very interesting

ConsThis is a do yourself company
    Lack of Management
    Everything in this company is a big lie, they hire you promising you some kind of Job and at the end you will be searching companies in internet, and contacting people in order to sell something with out training and high expectations
    Basically your Job will be like searching Leads, making appointments and making sales for no commission
    They are just hiring Interns for 400 euros a month and there is no opportunity to get a full position on a short time.
    No training and always a big lack of information
    No strategy

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should have external advice on how to Manage with people.

The real truth about some reviews here!

Senior Social Consultant (Current Employee)
    Berlin (Germany)

ProsInternational employees. Good product. nice location

ConsNo culture, No values, Poor management, They lie to everyone. Employees usually sue to the company as they dont respect employees! The company is run without experience, intelligence.
    They ask interns to leave a review in glassdoor or many oder Platforms like Ciao among others. Check the photos field where I attached an example

Advice to Senior ManagementSell your company!

ALL reviews have been written by management, DONT BE FOOLED...

(Current Employee)
    Berlin (Germany)

ProsEmployees are great, although they keep being mistreated by the company. But, if you need quick cash, you can probably sue them and win

ConsIt will probably take me hours. The company is a JOKE. If they can save 1 euro from you, they will do it. They tend to lie to everyone; from the cleaning people to interns. Employees usually sue to the company as they dont respect employees, and win! The company is run by kids without experience, intelligence, and class.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit and hire a consultant company to run it. You do not have a clue on how to run a company

The cornerstone of my career

Social Commerce Consultant (Former Employee)
    Berlin (Germany)

ProseKomi for me, has become the cornerstone to my future career. I started knowing nothing of commerce, sales, or marketing... especially anything Google related apart from putting a search in every now in then. eKomi not only opened my eyes to such a dynamic market but provided me with in-depth training and support. Once a daunting task became something I believed in and thus added to my success at the company.

Anyone who is successful at eKomi shares the same experience, which was earned through hard work and pushing oneself out of their personal comfort zone. The group I started with has all had great career acheivements due to their hard work and rewards from the company. If you work for it, the company will respect you.

The colleagues I have met in such an international environment has given me life long friends on all corners of the earth.

Take it from me, with over two years with the company, eKomi isn't just a job, if you want it enough, it is a lifestyle.

Constowards the end of my stay at eKomi I was wanting more mentoring and training apart from the basic course I had in the very beginning of my employment. I also wanted to start talking about advanement of my career, however with the company being so international (and this is a good thing) it was hard to find time to have all of my managers in one room to discuss possiblities, however I am sure that they would have come to a fair negotiation.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise more one on one meetings between upper managment and the international team.

Worked for Ekomi? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ekomi reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ekomi CEO Michael Ambros. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Ekomi employees.