Ektron

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ektron President and CEO Bill Rogers

Bill Rogers

Great place to develop a career

I have been working at Ektron full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- Very interesting and fun market and product
- Senior managers are approachable
- Career growth opportunities are there for those that go after them
- Fast pace, good place to learn

Cons- Benefits are average
- Morale has its ups and downs

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication would help morale.

I love coming to work every day.

I have been working at Ektron full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBecause Ektron is a smaller-sized company, my contributions have more of a direct impact on our success.The people I work with are excellent and professional; they are the best! I have creative input and license because they trust me to do a great job. I often wake up early to get to work because I want to. The location in Nashua is great for my commute and also puts me in reach of anything I need or want (such as errands at lunch time). I also think that adjustments to the business in the past couple of years have been very positive, and the revenues are demonstrating that we are on a great track.

ConsSometimes, it has felt like flying crop-dusting (flying by the seat of our pants) but over the last couple of years or so, Ektron has steadily lifted and become airborne (initiating better, more predictable controls) and is growing to another level. Small companies often have ups and downs, but Ektron is making the right decisions and growing and won't be small for much longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring the right people with talent and integrity.

Technology centric company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ektron full-time

ProsCompany values the engineers. Using latest technologies. Good benefits overall.

ConsLimited career. Somtimes you wont get

Great Company, Product, and Customers for Career Growth

Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ektron full-time for more than 3 years

Pros• Fast Paced
• CEO is Visionary and Thought Leader
• Senior Leadership has an open door policy and is interested in growing their employees either here at Ektron or for their future careers
• New Senior Leadership’s focus is on customer success
• Products trajectory is among the best in the industry

Cons• Some perception issues in the industry due to some previous employees with an axe to grind which if you allow it can take time out of your day and allow for undue stress

Advice to Senior Management• Stay focused on product innovation
• Continue the path of product roll out strategies and customer success

Fast paced Innovative company in CXM and CMS space

Management (Current Employee)
Nashua, NH

I have been working at Ektron full-time for more than a year

ProsI have been with Ektron for 2+ years.. Time went fast and enjoyed working every minute of it.. Ektron has Kept the innovation commitment for the past couple of years and looks very promising into the future.. CEO is a visionary in the space and he is very approachable to discuss ideas and to have a social conversation.. Company trying very hard to keep life & work balance in the work place..

ConsChanges to the management in the near past.. which is a good thing in the long run

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the innovation track going forward..
Keep improve the Work/life balance for employees

Great company and great people

I have been working at Ektron

ProsManagement team values customer, partners and their employees. They value live/work balance and also offer great benefit from healthcare to office fun.

ConsMany changes but for the better.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the great innovation of the product.

Awsome high tech company that has grown the product footprint and position year over year

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ektron full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAmple chances to advance and improve as my own career exemplifies... going on 14 years now.
Amazing vision and top level direction on where Ektron is going as a company based on past success and customer needs... always building new products, fast paced, exciting technology that typically leads the industry.

ConsChange happens fast and the ability to adapt as quickly is a requirement for success.
Up tempo requires commitment and loyalty, must be "all in" to prosper.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, Special kudos to a few departments. New support leadership that launched the portal for customer self service. New agile engineering processes running at a high velocity. Strong go to market plans through partners and the direct sales team.

Micromanaged to death

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Ektron full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPotential for better days if there is some changes in management, good location

ConsProduct doesn't have the ability to influence decisions, management doesn't listen to feedback, C level micro manages everything

Advice to Senior ManagementLet go of some control, get some experienced person in charge of engineering

Ektron is heading down the drain. FAST. Can it be saved?

Development Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Ektron full-time for more than a year

ProsEktron has a strong leader and visionary at the top, with an excellent development team, and a competitive content management system.

ConsEktron's biggest mistake was bringing executives and sales people from FAST Search, a company best known for its criminal accounting policies. Ektron is strangely proud of all its FAST employees, but the reality is that they are driving out all the high performers. Under the FAST leadership, the company has become like a junior high school, full of cliques. If you are not from FAST, you have no future at Ektron.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou must Chip away the arrogant FAST employees and replace them with ethical leaders who care about restoring the company to its former greatness.

Amazing experience where I grew in my career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ektron full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Fast paced, tech company, willing to take risks
- CEO is visionary and thought leader - he understands the industry, made necessary changes, and advanced the product to the next level
- Product has evolved from simple CMS to a WCM / Digital Experience Management solution
- Took on several different roles which has advanced me in my career
- Product is WAY ahead of its competitors, but it often doesn't get credit for it

Cons- Management changed over the years, but CEO took necessary action to do this (it was needed) - so this actually became a positive rather than a negative but employees had to experience lots of change in little time.

Worked for Ektron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ektron reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ektron CEO Bill Rogers. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Ektron employees.