El Paso Electric

El Paso Electric CEO Thomas V. Shockley

Thomas V. Shockley

Decent

I have been working at El Paso Electric full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStability is great. Benefits and salary are very good.

ConsTop heavy in upper management for such a small company. There are VP's with only two employees under them!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at middle to upper management staff. It is very top heavy!
Some of the managers are still using the old "union vs management" mentality.
The outlook of the company is positive as the CEO genuinely cares about the employees.

El Paso Electric is one of the best paying companies in El PAso

DMS Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at El Paso Electric part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat pay and benefits! Nice people

ConsNeeds to inspire its employees more, they need better managers and more innovation, try to avoid the routine. Boring offices

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to avoid routines for employees and go more towards green energy.

Good place to work and grow.

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at El Paso Electric

ProsBecause it's a small company, one can gain a variety of experience while working in the same position. Senior management is accessible and top-down communication is very good most of the time. Employees are very dedicated and are willing to go above and beyond normal duties. Employees are routinely recognized for good performance.

ConsSome employees work a lot of overtime due to workload caused by understaffing. Hourly personnel are good with it because of the OT, and most salaried people don't mind either because mangement is flexible when it comes time for vacation and personal time off, however, too much for too long gets old.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you invest in hiring more people it may free up your management to implement innovative ideas to improve productivity which may reduce costs. You will also be better prepared to address the aging workforce issue.

It was a good experience, but there is a lack of quality of life from the employees.

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at El Paso Electric

ProsExcellent company, very high salaries, respect and friendly.

ConsThere is the need to emphasize in the quality of life of the employees. Most of them live to work, and this is not what life is for.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more care of your interns, and keep having internships they are very helpful.

Worked for El Paso Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at El Paso Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for El Paso Electric CEO Thomas V. Shockley . All reviews posted anonymously by El Paso Electric employees.