Elance

Elance President & CEO Fabio Rosati

Fabio Rosati

Great people!

Member of Finance Team (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsGreat people and culture. I had the pleasure to work with the Controller and VP of Finance, they both have great leadership skills and knowledge.

The company has flexible schedules and help employees to interact with each other thru social events. I miss the weekly "buzz" event.

ConsSome internal systems could be improved

Advice to Senior ManagementI enjoyed my tenure at Elance.

Small Company, Big Heart

Visual Designer (User Interface) (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsThe culture here is so fun to be a part of. Everyone pretty much knows each other, food and drinks are always stocked and catered. Management is great and is always looking for ways to improve. Feeling of a large company but with the aura of a start up.

ConsToo much food means I never leave, also parking is occasionally an issue (if that's even an issue)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing us to provide great work, we can reach our goal!

Database contractor

ProsFreedom to work and maintain life balance.

ConsOverseas bids are very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerform an analysis on medium job costs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

More of a company than a startup.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsManagement cares about it's employees. The industry is growing rapidly.

ConsIt's a bit hectic right now as it just merged with Odesk.

Smooth onboarding and transition to Elance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsOverall, a pleasant and smooth onboarding experience with Elance. Also, I am very impressed by the caliber of employees throughout the company.

ConsCannot think of any negatives at the company since I started working. Hoping to gain more experience to provide constructive criticism for the company for future reviews.

Great mission, people, culture and leadership

Vice President (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsThe title speaks for itself. You are helping clients and freelancers meet their professional goals. You are at the forefront of how work will be managed. Everyone cares and wants to do the right thing and get to the truth. You are expected to contribute quickly. Highly collaborative environment. There aren't silly egos and politics to deal with and the leadership team really wants to work together as a team to provide clear vision and direction for the organization. Shockingly drama-free environment.

ConsThe place is growing fast and the company needs to start thinking actively about process, controls and accountability without adversely impacting the culture that exists today.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an eye on the big challenges of growth and scale. It would be a shame to lose what we have.

Great culture, amazing people, compelling mission

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsGreat culture, amazing people, compelling mission

ConsStart-ups are hard work! ;)

Great place to work!!!

Sales (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsGreat product, great people, awesome culture. Management is very transparent and they give you the tools necessary to make you successful. Managers truly have a vested interest in their people's success. People treat each other with respect, no politics. They bring in food and have drinks and snacks located throughout the building. People are very helpful. The on-boarding process was very organized and I was up and running quickly! Every Thursday is a fun company event.

ConsThe only con would be my commute but it's really not that big of a deal.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in your employees and keep investing in the culture as we grow. That's what attracted me in the first place.

Work Hard, Play Harder, Be Inspired and Making an Impact

Senior Business Development Associate (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsI've been with Elance just over a year and a half now and the one thing I can say with confidence is I love the people here. I get excited to come to work everyday with some of the smartest people I've ever met. It says a lot about a company's culture when your one main common goal is making a difference in the world. We all work very hard, but you feel appreciated and valued. Management goes out of their way to supply you with the tools you need to succeed while also encouraging and standing up for your hard work. I am constantly humbled by their leadership and genuineness.

I think one of the most powerful things I have experience with the company, outside it's fantastic vision, is that the company is incredibly flexible and caring. If you are concerned about your role with the company they will find one that suits your needs for more responsibility personal growth, and satisfaction. You have plenty of opportunities when you work for Elance.

Lastly, it really does making a difference having an incredibly inspiring CEO. Fabio makes a real effort to connect with you, check in on how you are doing, is incredibly transparent about our progress, and is just a pleasure to talk to.

I love my job, it's as simple as that.

ConsHonestly, there isn't much to be said that is a solid "Con". The company has doubled since I began working here and it's getting harder to know everyone's name. There also are occasional org shifts due to teams growing larger which has led to a bump or two in the road for me personally but nothing serious.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. However, I personally wouldn't mind more inner-team or departmental events off-site from time to time.

Elance is my extended family

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsI have been with Elance for 7 years now, the longest so far I have stayed in one company. I enjoy coming to work daily thinking that I will be working with a group of talented people who are like family to me. I am very pleased with the flexibility my job offers which gives me excellent work/life balance, such a great place to work, the best!

ConsI can't think of any, every one is a team player, great people equals great company!

Worked for Elance? Contribute to the Community!